|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Down by the Riverside," Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the matter with Wright's bicycle in this chapter?
(a) It has a buckled wheel
(b) The brakes don't work
(c) The frame snaps
(d) It has a flat tire
2. Who plies their trade at the hotel Wright works at?
(c) White prostitutes
(d) Drug dealers
3. What does Big Boy hide in?
(a) A rabbit hole
(b) A barrel
(c) A coal mine
(d) A kiln
4. Where does Wright's boss take the black woman to beat her?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The back room
(c) The yard
(d) The front of the store
5. What does Wright see on the floor in the back room?
(a) A whip
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase is Wright worried the white man in the elevator will find insulting if he said it?
2. What religion is the man who lends Wright his library card?
3. Who is going to give Big Boy and Bobo a lift out of town?
4. What happens to the black bell boy who was caught having sex with a white prostitute?
5. Who do the boys make fun of in the water?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)