"The Ethics of Jim Crow," Part 1
* Wright talks about his childhood house, which he says was on the wrong side of the tracks.
* One day Wright and his friends were playing war games in the cinder yard outside his house when some white children threw a broken bottle in his face.
* Wright's mother beats him for playing with white children.
* Wright moves to Mississippi. He enjoys the fact the state has a large black community.
"The Ethics of Jim Crow," Parts 2-4
* Wright finds a job in Mississippi at an optic factory, but he is soon fired when the white workers claim he did not call them mister before saying their name.
* While working in a clothing store, Wright observes his boss dragiing a black woman into the back room and beating her up.
* A group of white boys offer Wright a lift on...
This section contains 2,134 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)