|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many names of MIA Marines did Louis find in his cell according to Chapter 18?
2. When were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to active duty according to Chapter 7?
(a) Thanksgiving, 1942.
(b) Easter, 1942.
(c) New Year, 1942.
(d) Christmas, 1942.
3. How did Phil get out of the plane?
(a) By the right gun opening.
(b) By the side window.
(c) By the cockpit window.
(d) By the underbelly hatch.
4. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
(a) Huddled together.
(b) Put water in..
(c) Put sea weed over themselves.
(d) Lit a fire.
5. What did Louis Zamperini's brother tell the principal that Louis needed?
(b) Positive recognition.
(c) A date.
(d) Reading help.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Germany and Japan start invading other countries according to Chapter 5?
2. How was Louis Zamperini as a child?
3. What position did Jimmie Sasaki have in the POW camp Louis was at?
4. What guard was kinder to Louis?
5. What was Louis Zamperini afraid of with his new airplane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Phil and Louis were taken to Ofuna according to Chapter 19?
2. After Louis turned his life around, what did he become according to Chapter 39?
3. What happened after the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Chapter 31?
4. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
5. What accounts does Hillenbrand give?
6. Where were some of the prisoners sent in Chapter 27?
7. How did life change when Louis decided competing again was impossible according to Chapter 35?
8. Whom was Louis surprised to see at Ofuna?
9. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
10. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)