|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Phil and his co-pilot notice before an engine failed on their new plane?
(a) The tail was vibrating.
(b) The right engine was turning too fast.
(c) The landing gear was stuck.
(d) An engine was burning more fuel than the others.
2. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
(a) A Japanese recue aircraft.
(b) A Japanese ship.
(c) An American ship.
(d) A British ship.
3. How did Phil get out of the plane?
(a) By the cockpit window.
(b) By the underbelly hatch.
(c) By the side window.
(d) By the right gun opening.
4. What did Phil and Mac need help with?
(a) Bandaging their wounds.
(b) Firing the flare.
(c) Getting away from the sharks.
(d) Getting back on the raft.
5. What was the nickname of the B-24 bomber according to Chapter 6?
(a) The Flying Coffin.
(b) The Death From Above.
(c) The Flying Marmot.
(d) The Flying Death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the principal of Louis Zamperini 's school forbid him to do in Chapter 2?
2. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
3. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What did Louis Zamperini and the rest of the trainees share?
5. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
2. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
3. What happened to Mac in Chapter 16?
4. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
5. How does the preface of "Unbroken" begin?
6. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
7. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
8. Where did Louis find himself?
9. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
10. From whom did Louis receive congratulations?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)