|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Germany and Japan start invading other countries according to Chapter 5?
2. What did Louis do after calling for Phil in his cell?
(a) Tried to kill himself.
(d) Tried to escape.
3. What hallucination did Louis have on the raft according to Chapter 16?
(a) He tasted chocolate.
(b) He heard singing.
(c) He saw mermaids.
(d) He could see land.
4. What secret piece of equipment did Louis Zamperini use during the bombing run on Wake Island?
(a) The Federer Engine.
(b) The Robertson night vision system.
(c) The Maxell Radar.
(d) The Norden bomb sight.
5. From whom did Louis Zamperini receive congratulations?
(a) Markus Rodenberger.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Payton Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis give to the Japanese interrogating him?
2. How long after the crash were the men classified as lost at sea?
3. Where were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to after getting their plane?
4. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
5. What was lost during the crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
2. Whom was Louis surprised to see at Ofuna?
3. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
4. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
5. What were "The Stinking Six" according to Chapter 10?
6. What happened to Mac in Chapter 16?
7. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
8. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
9. Who was William Harris in Chapter 20?
10. What happened when they spotted an island?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)