|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What record did Louis Zamperini break?
(a) The state batting record.
(b) The state running record.
(c) The state 36 hole record.
(d) The state mile record.
2. What did Louis Zamperini and the rest of the trainees share?
(a) Training gear.
(b) Living quarters.
3. How much weight did Louis Zamperini gain on the trip to Germany from the time he got on the boat?
(a) 12 pounds.
(b) 13 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 15 pounds.
4. By what means did Louis Zamperini go to Germany in Chapter 4?
(a) On a Zepplin.
(b) By steamer.
(c) On a Navy ship.
(d) By plane.
5. What happened to Louis Zamperini when he got close to the head of the qualifying race?
(a) He tripped.
(b) He got elbowed.
(c) He was stepped on.
(d) He had a leg cramp.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to active duty according to Chapter 7?
2. From what country did Louis Zamperini 's family immigrate?
3. What was the nickname of Francis MacNamara?
4. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
5. How did Louis try to signal the plane they saw?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom was Louis surprised to see at Ofuna?
2. What did Louis find when examining his cell in Chapter 18?
3. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
4. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
5. From whom did Louis receive congratulations?
6. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
7. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
8. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
9. Who was William Harris in Chapter 20?
10. What happened when they spotted an island?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)