|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
(a) How to sneak in food.
(b) Japanese customs.
(c) How to talk with respect to guards.
(d) Japanese words.
2. What secret piece of equipment did Louis Zamperini use during the bombing run on Wake Island?
(a) The Robertson night vision system.
(b) The Federer Engine.
(c) The Norden bomb sight.
(d) The Maxell Radar.
3. What hallucination did Louis have on the raft according to Chapter 16?
(a) He tasted chocolate.
(b) He heard singing.
(c) He could see land.
(d) He saw mermaids.
4. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
(a) A British ship.
(b) A Japanese recue aircraft.
(c) An American ship.
(d) A Japanese ship.
5. Louis Zamperini enlisted in ___________.
(a) The Marines.
(b) The U.S. Navy.
(c) THe U.S. Army.
(d) The Army Air Corp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Louis Zamperini intimidated with in Germany?
2. Where were the 1940's Olympics supposed to take place?
3. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
4. What were large contributors to the death rate of airmen during the early stages of the war according to Chapter 8?
5. When were Louis Zamperini and his crew sent to active duty according to Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
2. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
3. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
4. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
5. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
6. What did Louis realize Mac had done in Chapter 13?
7. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
8. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
9. Whom was Louis surprised to see at Ofuna?
10. What was in the rafts?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)