|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country did Louis Zamperini 's family immigrate?
2. What position did Jimmie Sasaki have in the POW camp Louis was at?
(a) Head guard.
(b) Head translator.
(c) Head medic.
(d) Head interrogator.
3. What did Louis Zamperini and the rest of the trainees share?
(a) Training gear.
(c) Living quarters.
4. How much weight did Louis Zamperini gain on the trip to Germany from the time he got on the boat?
(a) 13 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 12 pounds.
(d) 10 pounds.
5. Whose control were Marshall and Gilbert Island under?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
2. What was Louis Zamperini's place in the qualifying race in Germany?
3. Where was Phil sent to in Chapter 20?
4. What wounds did Phil have after the crash?
5. What did Louis kill on the raft in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had the Zamperini family been told according to Chapter 21?
2. Who often returned to the camp in Chapter 22?
3. Why were some of the guards fearful?
4. What accounts does Hillenbrand give?
5. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
6. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
7. How did Watanabe change?
8. What did the Bird do at the center of the camp?
9. What did Louis have difficulty with when he returned home according to Chapter 34?
10. How does the preface of "Unbroken" begin?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)