|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Phil get out of the plane?
(a) By the right gun opening.
(b) By the side window.
(c) By the cockpit window.
(d) By the underbelly hatch.
2. When did Louis and Phil see an island?
(a) On their 46th day.
(b) On their 66th day.
(c) On their 56th day.
(d) On their 36th day.
3. What was Louis Zamperini intimidated with in Germany?
(a) To obedience of the public.
(b) The military.
(c) The cleanliness of the country.
(d) The other competitors.
4. What did Louis Zamperini and the rest of the trainees share?
(c) Training gear.
(d) Living quarters.
5. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
(a) The size of the Zepplin.
(b) The luxury of the boat and the food.
(c) The discipline of the Navy ship.
(d) The speed of the plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what altitudes were the bombers supposed to bomb Nauru?
2. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
3. Louis Zamperini was assigned to ___________.
4. From what country did Louis Zamperini 's family immigrate?
5. How long after the crash were the men classified as lost at sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
2. Who was William Harris in Chapter 20?
3. How does the preface of "Unbroken" begin?
4. What did Louis find when examining his cell in Chapter 18?
5. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
6. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
7. What did the prisoners of war learn in May,1945, according to Chapter 29?
8. Who was Cynthia Applewhite?
9. Who was Lynn Moody?
10. What happened when they spotted an island?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)