|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
(a) Huddled together.
(b) Put water in..
(c) Lit a fire.
(d) Put sea weed over themselves.
2. What happened to Louis Zamperini when he got close to the head of the qualifying race?
(a) He tripped.
(b) He had a leg cramp.
(c) He got elbowed.
(d) He was stepped on.
3. What was the name of Louis Zamperini 's older brother?
4. What were large contributors to the death rate of airmen during the early stages of the war according to Chapter 8?
(a) Bad training.
(b) Bad weather forcecasts.
(c) Faulty fuel.
(d) Weather and mechanical problems.
5. How much weight did Louis Zamperini gain on the trip to Germany from the time he got on the boat?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 13 pounds.
(c) 15 pounds.
(d) 12 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the guard who was kinder to Louis teach him?
2. How did Louis try to signal the plane they saw?
3. What was Louis Zamperini's place in the qualifying race in Germany?
4. What plane did Louis and the men in the raft signal?
5. Russell Phillips was from __________..
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the rafts?
2. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
3. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
4. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
5. From whom did Louis receive congratulations?
6. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
7. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
8. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
9. What did Phil and Louis reason about in Chapter 17?
10. Where did Louis find himself?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)