|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Louis Zamperini and his crew experience devastating mechanical problems in Chapter 8?
(a) During a search mission.
(b) During a flight for leave.
(c) During a bombing run.
(d) During a training exercise
2. What was the table Louis was brought to to be interrogated loaded with?
(c) Torture tools.
3. How did prisoners in Louis camp communicate with each other?
(a) By written notes.
(b) Using bird songs.
(c) By hand signal and morse code.
(d) Using eye signals.
4. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
(a) A Japanese recue aircraft.
(b) A Japanese ship.
(c) An American ship.
(d) A British ship.
5. What guard was kinder to Louis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were large contributors to the death rate of airmen during the early stages of the war according to Chapter 8?
2. What camp were Phil and Louis transferred to in Chapter 19?
3. What promise did Louis make on the boat?
4. What did Louis do to keep the shark at bay?
5. When did Louis and Phil see an island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Louis find himself?
2. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
3. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
4. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
5. What reputation did the B-24 bomber have in Chapter 6?
6. Who was William Harris in Chapter 20?
7. What devastated Louis according to Chapter 5?
8. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
9. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
10. How does the preface of "Unbroken" begin?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)