|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Louis Zamperini overwhelmed by on the trip to Germany?
(a) The luxury of the boat and the food.
(b) The size of the Zepplin.
(c) The discipline of the Navy ship.
(d) The speed of the plane.
2. What did Louis use to make bait to catch a fish in Chapter 14?
(a) A pelican.
(b) A shark.
(c) An albatross.
(d) A fish.
3. What were large contributors to the death rate of airmen during the early stages of the war according to Chapter 8?
(a) Faulty fuel.
(b) Bad training.
(c) Weather and mechanical problems.
(d) Bad weather forcecasts.
4. What position did Jimmie Sasaki have in the POW camp Louis was at?
(a) Head medic.
(b) Head guard.
(c) Head translator.
(d) Head interrogator.
5. What did the principal of Louis Zamperini 's school forbid him to do in Chapter 2?
(b) Attend Math 201.
(c) Go to the prom.
(d) Join clubs or sports teams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was lost during the crash?
2. What did Louis do to keep the shark at bay?
3. What was the nickname of Francis MacNamara?
4. How many bombers were sent to bomb Nauru according to Chapter 9?
5. How long after the crash were the men classified as lost at sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Louis' goal in Chapter 3?
2. What was Phil directed to take in Chapter 11?
3. What happened after 27 days on the raft according to Chapter 15?
4. What happened to Mac in Chapter 16?
5. What happened to the Super Man in Chapter 9?
6. What was Louis overwhelmed by in Chapter 4?
7. What happened when they spotted an island?
8. What did Louis sign an agreement to do?
9. Whom was Louis surprised to see at Ofuna?
10. What call came just before Christmas of 1942 according to Chapter 7?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)