|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Phil and his co-pilot notice before an engine failed on their new plane?
(a) The landing gear was stuck.
(b) The tail was vibrating.
(c) The right engine was turning too fast.
(d) An engine was burning more fuel than the others.
2. From whom did Louis Zamperini receive congratulations?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Payton Jordan.
(c) Markus Rodenberger.
(d) President Roosevelt.
3. What did the small island Phil and Louis see turn out to be?
(a) An American ship.
(b) A British ship.
(c) A Japanese recue aircraft.
(d) A Japanese ship.
4. What did the Japanese man ask Louis?
(a) Questions about his running career.
(b) Questions about bombers.
(c) Questions about his life in the America.
(d) Questions about U.S. plans.
5. How old was Louis Zamperini at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Phil and Mac need help with?
2. What did the men do in the raft to keep them warm?
3. Where was Phil sent to in Chapter 20?
4. By what means did Louis Zamperini go to Germany in Chapter 4?
5. How many names of MIA Marines did Louis find in his cell according to Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Louis find himself?
2. Where did Louis go in 1950?
3. What was Louis able to do in Chapter 12?
4. What happened when they spotted an island?
5. Why did Louis not strike back according to Chapter 24?
6. What do statistics show in Chapter 8?
7. What happened when Louis was invited back to the radio station in Chapter 26?
8. What did the high school principal do in Chapter 2 and how did Pete help?
9. Who was Louis the opposite of according to Chapter 1?
10. What had found its way to the Japanese royal family?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)