Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink does a servant bring to Clara and Philippe when they are in a private room?
2. How much of the van den Meers' fortune was lost in Clara's kidnapping as a young child?
(b) Nothing; they got Clara back before a ransom was paid.
(c) Nearly everything.
3. What does Philippe end up dying from?
(a) Accidental poisoning.
(d) A heart attack.
4. How many grandchildren does Ruth end up having?
5. As they prepare for the ball, what does Margarethe demand Iris fill the house with?
(a) Tulips in vases.
(b) Beautiful dresses for them to try to choose from.
(c) The smell of incense.
(d) The finest perfumes available in town.
6. Who was Jack Fisher?
(a) Ruth's father.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Iris's father.
(d) Margarethe's first husband.
7. Who is the narrator of the Epilogue?
8. What do people spy Philippe doing to Clara when they are in a private room?
(a) Caressing her ankle with her shoe off.
(b) Playing with her hair.
(c) Asking for her hand in marriage.
(d) Kissing her neck.
9. Who is van Antum?
(a) A creditor of van den Meer's who wants his money as soon as possible.
(b) A tailor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A fellow investor of van den Meer's.
10. Who ends up taking care of Ruth in her old age?
11. In the Epilogue, what reason does Ruth admit for acting dumb?
(a) She wasn't acting.
(b) She was jealous.
(c) It was just easier sometimes, since she wouldn't have to do chores.
(d) She hated her mother and wanted to embarrass her.
12. Why does Clara decline at first to dance with the prince?
(a) She wants to give Iris a chance first.
(b) She lies about having a turned ankle.
(c) She doesn't know how to dance.
(d) She only has one shoe on.
13. How does Cornelius react to his grandchildren?
(a) He doesn't react -- he completely ignores them.
(b) With love.
(c) With suspicion.
(d) With displeasure.
14. According to the Master, what is the reason behind Margarethe's lie about his relationship with Caspar?
(a) Margarethe wanted Iris to marry someone better.
(b) She always was in love with Caspar.
(c) She always was in love with the Master.
(d) She was blackmailing him for money for food.
15. What does Clara say she'd rather do than marry van Stolk?
(a) Remain a housemaid.
(b) Run away to another town.
(c) Become a nun.
(d) Kill herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Iris describe Ruth as they are traveling to the ball?
2. Who first tries to lay claim to the mystery slipper?
3. Before heading to the ball, what do Iris and Clara agree about Caspar?
4. What happened to the Gallery of God's Mistakes after the Master died?
5. Who is the first person Iris and Ruth find at the ball?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)