|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Jack Fisher?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Iris's father.
(c) Ruth's father.
(d) Margarethe's first husband.
2. What does Clara suspect Ruth of doing to Margarethe's linen?
(a) Putting red pepper on it to make her eyes worse.
(b) Not washing it at all but claiming she did.
(c) Selling it for something cheaper and pocketing the money.
(d) Washing it more than necessary to make sure it's especially clean.
3. What family scene does Ruth think would have made a good painting?
(a) The sight of Clara's children playing.
(b) Clara's tattered dress.
(c) Margarethe's blinded eyes.
(d) The burned palace the evening of the ball.
4. How does Clara end up dying?
(a) She kills herself.
(b) Margarethe finally gets her revenge and kills her.
(c) From sadness.
(d) From a heart complaint.
5. What does Iris wonder about the night her family fled without their father?
(a) If he was really dead before they left.
(b) If he organized the mob.
(c) If he staged the event to try to murder Margarethe.
(d) If he was warned in advance.
6. What kind of life does Ruth claim Iris led?
(a) A short life.
(b) A regretful life.
(c) A rich life.
(d) A sad life.
7. Who does Ruth suspect of kidnapping Clara as a child?
(c) Her own father.
(d) Van Stolk.
8. What event causes the ball to end abruptly?
(a) A raging fire.
(b) The queen falls asleep.
(c) The prince declares he has proposed to someone.
(d) The party runs out of food.
9. Who does Iris end up marrying?
(c) No one.
(d) The prince.
10. Who insists on introducing Ruth and Iris to the prince?
(a) Dame Pruyn.
11. Who took over the Master's studio when he passed away?
(a) The Queen of the Hairy-Chinned Gypsies.
12. How does Margarethe suggest Iris take care of the whole family?
(a) By marrying Caspar.
(b) By marrying the prince.
(c) By getting a good job as a cook.
(d) By killing herself.
13. What does Margarethe do to continually manipulate van Stolk and van Antum?
(a) She flirts with them herself, since she knows they have crushes on her.
(b) She preys on their kindness by always asking for mercy -- and money.
(c) She pretends she is wealthier than she is.
(d) She taunts them with glances and promises of Clara.
14. How is Clarissa of Aragaon's arrival met by the crowd?
(a) With shouts of excitement.
(b) With awe.
(c) With anger.
(d) With no fanfare at all.
15. Who is the first person Iris and Ruth find at the ball?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clara end up getting all of her wealth from?
2. Which item is van Stolk most interested in in the van den Meers' household?
3. How does Clara get home from the ball?
4. As they prepare for the ball, what does Margarethe demand Iris fill the house with?
5. How does Cornelius react to his grandchildren?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)