|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the large dinner party where his painting of Clara is revealed, what does the Master do to help comfort Ruth?
(a) He holds her hand.
(b) He speaks softly to her.
(c) He hums her favorite songs.
(d) He presents her with a painting of her own.
2. Who is Caspar?
(a) Schoonmaker's apprentice.
(b) The Fishers' boss when Schoonmaker is gone.
(c) A boy who works at a church.
(d) The man who delivers groceries every day.
3. Henrika and Margarethe usually get along:
(a) Perfectly -- they quickly become best friends.
(b) Not very well at all.
(c) Sometimes really well and sometimes not very well at all.
(d) They never see each other.
4. What kind of mother is Henrika?
(a) Very loving.
5. How many grandchildren does Ruth end up having?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Master respond to the success of his painting of Clara?
2. After her mother's death, why is Clara forced to leave the house?
3. What do Iris and Clara use as collateral in order to get Clara a gown?
4. What health problems does Henrika begin to develop in Chapter 2?
5. What does Caspar promise Iris one morning while she is visiting him and the Master during her work for the van den Meers?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)