|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Margarethe initially described in the novel?
(a) As stubborn and rude.
(b) As silent and strong.
(c) As optimistic and kind.
(d) As strict and careworn.
2. What ended up happening to Cornelius's finances?
(a) They continued to get worse and worse.
(b) They eventually recovered.
(c) They never improved.
(d) They were completely dependent on Margarethe's management.
3. When Margarethe refers to the imp in their family, to whom is she actually referring?
(a) An imp that only comes out at night.
4. What happens to the van den Meers' wealth at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) It doesn't do much, since Margarethe is too cheap to buy anything nice.
(b) It increases drastically right after Margarethe marries into the family.
(c) It ends up being stolen by the very guards hired to protect it.
(d) It is lost when the tulip market crashes.
5. How is Ruth initially described in the novel?
(a) As conscientious and unattractive.
(b) As shy and unable/unwilling to speak.
(c) As mentally impaired and hard to control.
(d) As beautiful and loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is kermis?
2. Who is Schoonmaker?
3. Who does Ruth end up marrying?
4. What items does Margarethe give Iris to give the Van den Meers when she is sent over to their household for the first time?
5. Who was Jack Fisher?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)