|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iris wonder about the night her family fled without their father?
(a) If he was really dead before they left.
(b) If he staged the event to try to murder Margarethe.
(c) If he was warned in advance.
(d) If he organized the mob.
2. What is the financial situation of the van den Meers when the Fishers move in with them?
(a) The van den Meers are on the brink of poverty.
(b) The van den Meers are poor now, but expect to get more money.
(c) The van den Meers are neither rich nor poor.
(d) The van den Meers are very wealthy.
3. What signal does Marie de Medici give to the prince to tell him he should move on to other ladies while meeting everyone?
(a) A little handwritten note.
(b) A poke in the side.
(c) A slight cough.
(d) A kick under the table.
4. How does Iris describe Ruth as they are traveling to the ball?
(a) Strong and passionate.
(b) Loud and rude.
(c) Stupid and ugly.
(d) Cute and childlike.
5. Who is van Stolk?
(a) A kindly neighbor who often stops over for dinner.
(b) A man both Clara and Iris have big crushes on.
(c) Another apprentice of the Master's.
(d) A man who paid off van den Meer's debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caspar accuse Ruth of doing at the ball?
2. According to the Master, what is the reason behind Margarethe's lie about his relationship with Caspar?
3. When Margarethe refers to the imp in their family, to whom is she actually referring?
4. When they are young, what does Clara tell Iris is the only thing that makes her happy?
5. Why are the Master and Caspar invited over for dinner with the newly formed van den Meer family?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)