|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 The Ball.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his wife dies, what investment does van den Meer worry has been lost?
(a) A boat full of tulips that investors have given him money for.
(b) His collection of rare books.
(c) His collection of fine paintings.
(d) His collection of jewelry.
2. Who is the first person Iris and Ruth find at the ball?
3. Who opens her door at the commotion in the marketplace and talks to Ruth?
(a) An unknown but beautiful young girl.
(b) A very mean old man.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A priest.
4. How is Clarissa of Aragaon's arrival met by the crowd?
(a) With anger.
(b) With shouts of excitement.
(c) With awe.
(d) With no fanfare at all.
5. How is Margarethe initially described in the novel?
(a) As strict and careworn.
(b) As stubborn and rude.
(c) As optimistic and kind.
(d) As silent and strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Master tell Iris he views as responsible for bringing van den Meer to ruin?
2. What item does Iris actually steal in the marketplace?
3. When Iris is sure Margarethe is going to punish her for trying to sneak Clara out, what does Iris receive instead?
4. How do Margarethe, Ruth, and Iris plan on getting dresses for the ball?
5. What worries Iris about the Master's "I am going to ruin you yet" comment while he is working on his painting of Clara?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)