|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 The Ball.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of visitors come to the van den Meers' house after Henrika's funeral?
(a) Beggars who know Mr. Van den Meer has inherited a lot of money.
(b) Random people who want to see Clara's portrait.
(c) Tulip investors.
(d) Potential suitors for Clara.
2. What does Margarethe think is increasing as her sight begins decreasing?
(a) Her sense of taste.
(b) Her insight.
(c) Her psychic abilities.
(d) Her sense of smell.
3. What does Margarethe do to continually manipulate van Stolk and van Antum?
(a) She pretends she is wealthier than she is.
(b) She flirts with them herself, since she knows they have crushes on her.
(c) She preys on their kindness by always asking for mercy -- and money.
(d) She taunts them with glances and promises of Clara.
4. After the successful unveiling of the painting of Clara, what does Margarethe ask Mr. van den Meer for?
(a) To be released from her job.
(b) A stipend.
(c) Better living arrangements.
(d) For the chance for Iris to go to school.
5. What does Caspar accuse Ruth of doing at the ball?
(a) Having way too much to drink.
(b) Sabotaging Clara's chance with the prince.
(c) Starting a fire.
(d) Sabotaging Iris's chance with the prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right before the unveiling of the painting the Master created for van den Meer, what does Margarethe call Clara that sends Clara into a screaming rage?
2. Which item is van Stolk most interested in in the van den Meers' household?
3. What does Clara yell at Nicolaes van Stolk as she departs her house en route to the ball?
4. What toy is Ruth given after the commotion in the marketplace when the Fishers first arrive?
5. What does the title of Chapter 4, "The Gallery of God's Mistakes," refer to?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)