|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 The Ball.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Iris take in Schoonmaker's household?
(a) She sits so he can paint her.
(b) She scrubs the floors every other day.
(c) She makes her famous biscuits every morning.
(d) She stands outside holding an advertisement for his business.
2. What happens during Iris and Clara's attempts to get Clara out of the house?
(a) Ruth tells on them.
(b) Henrika catches them before they can get very far.
(c) Iris panics and changes her mind.
(d) Clara panics and changes her mind.
3. What does Margarethe think is increasing as her sight begins decreasing?
(a) Her sense of taste.
(b) Her insight.
(c) Her sense of smell.
(d) Her psychic abilities.
4. What health problems does Henrika begin to develop in Chapter 2?
(a) She begins to go insane.
(b) She begins to have a very difficult pregnancy.
(c) She begins to lose her eyesight.
(d) She has such bad pains in her legs that she can't walk anymore.
5. What has allegedly happened to Jack Fisher?
(a) He left the family in poverty.
(b) No one really knows.
(c) He has been killed by a mob.
(d) He will be joining the Fisher family later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens her door at the commotion in the marketplace and talks to Ruth?
2. What non-family member do Ruth, Iris, and Clara enlist in helping them get Clara to the ball?
3. Who first tries to lay claim to the mystery slipper?
4. What color dress does Clara wear to the ball?
5. Who does Iris dance with first at the ball?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)