|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 The Gallery of God's Mistakes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Marie de Medici described physically?
(a) As beautiful and unusually tall.
(b) As very smart and cunning.
(c) As old and overweight -- obese, even.
(d) As both beautiful and exceptionally intelligent.
2. What does Iris find most frustrating about her apprenticeship on the first day?
(a) That she is far more advanced than the town baker.
(b) That she has no interest in a religious life after all.
(c) That she cannot immediately draw well.
(d) That she is worse with a needle and thread than she originally thought.
3. What worries Iris about the Master's "I am going to ruin you yet" comment while he is working on his painting of Clara?
(a) She doesn't know to whom he is referring.
(b) She thinks he is going to commit suicide.
(c) She thinks he is referring to Margarethe.
(d) She worries he is planning to kill Mr. Van den Meer.
4. What kind of paintings does Schoonmaker secretly paint?
(a) Paintings with bad words hidden in them.
(b) Paintings of maimed and deformed people.
(c) Modern, abstract paintings.
(d) Paintings of nature.
5. Right before the unveiling of the painting the Master created for van den Meer, what does Margarethe call Clara that sends Clara into a screaming rage?
(a) A spoiled brat.
(c) A changeling.
(d) A doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Iris propose getting Clara out of the house?
2. What are Iris and Margarethe a little afraid Schoonmaker will ask Iris to do when they first start working together?
3. Does Iris ever find an imp in the van den Meers' household?
4. What prompts Iris to try to get Clara out of the house in Chapter 2?
5. What catches Iris's eye about Schoonmaker's lodgings?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)