|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 The Gallery of God's Mistakes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the financial situation of the van den Meers when the Fishers move in with them?
(a) The van den Meers are poor now, but expect to get more money.
(b) The van den Meers are on the brink of poverty.
(c) The van den Meers are very wealthy.
(d) The van den Meers are neither rich nor poor.
2. Who eventually prevails in teaching Clara how to hem her own skirt?
(d) The Queen of the Hairy-Chinned Gypsies.
3. What happens during Iris and Clara's attempts to get Clara out of the house?
(a) Clara panics and changes her mind.
(b) Ruth tells on them.
(c) Iris panics and changes her mind.
(d) Henrika catches them before they can get very far.
4. What does Clara suspect Ruth of doing to Margarethe's linen?
(a) Selling it for something cheaper and pocketing the money.
(b) Washing it more than necessary to make sure it's especially clean.
(c) Not washing it at all but claiming she did.
(d) Putting red pepper on it to make her eyes worse.
5. What does Clara believe happened at the windmill?
(a) She was turned into a changeling there.
(b) She used to help her father sell flowers there as a child.
(c) She used to play there with her father when she was very little.
(d) She was born there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clara become so upset when van den Meer tells Margarethe that the hutsepot she makes for Lent is the best he's ever had?
2. Why does Margarethe feel that Philippe de Marisllac will be interested in Iris?
3. What does Iris think of Caspar's paintings of Ruth?
4. What secret does Margarethe know about Henrika?
5. As the ball approaches, what does the reader learn about Margarethe's neighbors' opinion of her?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)