|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 The Gallery of God's Mistakes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually prevails in teaching Clara how to hem her own skirt?
(d) The Queen of the Hairy-Chinned Gypsies.
2. As they prepare for the ball, what does Margarethe demand Iris fill the house with?
(a) Beautiful dresses for them to try to choose from.
(b) The finest perfumes available in town.
(c) Tulips in vases.
(d) The smell of incense.
3. Why do Clara and Iris decide to stop into the windmill while out ice skating?
(a) They are very thirsty and are looking for water.
(b) Iris needs to use a bathroom.
(c) They are just tired and want to take a break.
(d) Clara needs to use a bathroom.
4. After Rebekka's death, what does Margarethe worry has happened to the household?
(a) That, because Iris can now read and write, she will outsmart her own mother.
(b) That all of their money has been stolen.
(c) That Mr. van den Meer will divorce her and leave everyone homeless.
(d) That the plague has been introduced.
5. What role does Ruth take in Schoonmaker's household?
(a) She sits so he can paint her.
(b) She paints copies of his paintings.
(c) She fetches new paints for him.
(d) She gathers flowers for him every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Margarethe, Ruth, and Iris plan on getting dresses for the ball?
2. Who is Caspar?
3. What does the Master call Mr. van den Meer that crosses a line of acceptability?
4. What catches Iris's eye about Schoonmaker's lodgings?
5. What reaction does Clara have to the windmill?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)