|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Girl of Ashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is kermis?
(a) A type of Dutch dress.
(b) The last day before Lent begins.
(c) A religious practice that only girls are allowed to do.
(d) The nickname Margarethe calls Clara behind her back.
2. What happens during Iris and Clara's attempts to get Clara out of the house?
(a) Clara panics and changes her mind.
(b) Ruth tells on them.
(c) Henrika catches them before they can get very far.
(d) Iris panics and changes her mind.
3. What argument does Margarethe use to convince van den Meer that he should marry her?
(a) That she has a family inheritance of her own.
(b) That it would be best for Clara and her reputation.
(c) That she will otherwise not stay to just cook and clean for free.
(d) That she loves him very much.
4. How does Iris propose getting Clara out of the house?
(a) By hiding her underneath Ruth's biggest dress.
(b) By just having her walk out the front door.
(c) By sneaking out at night when no one is awake.
(d) By sneaking her out in a wheelbarrow.
5. What catches Iris's eye about Schoonmaker's lodgings?
(a) The vivid colors she sees through the window.
(b) How poor his family seems to be.
(c) The lovely flowers on his front lawn.
(d) The beautiful windows in the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henrika die from?
2. Who is Luykas?
3. Who is The Queen of the Hairy-Chinned Gypsies?
4. Why is Iris worried about how Henrika and Margarethe interact?
5. What does Caspar tell Iris and Clara while they are out ice skating?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)