|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Girl of Ashes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Iris initially described in the novel?
(a) As shy and unable/unwilling to speak.
(b) As beautiful and loving.
(c) As conscientious and unattractive.
(d) As mentally impaired and hard to control.
2. When the book begins, who is the narrator?
(a) An older woman who is partially crippled.
(b) A man named Caspar.
(c) A man named Incubus.
(d) A reporter.
3. What worries Iris about the Master's "I am going to ruin you yet" comment while he is working on his painting of Clara?
(a) She worries he is planning to kill Mr. Van den Meer.
(b) She thinks he is going to commit suicide.
(c) She thinks he is referring to Margarethe.
(d) She doesn't know to whom he is referring.
4. After Henrika's death, what is her portrait replaced with in the van den Meers' household?
(a) A portrait of Margarethe.
(b) Henrika's portrait is never replaced.
(c) A portrait of tulips.
(d) The portrait of Clara.
5. What does Clara believe happened at the windmill?
(a) She used to play there with her father when she was very little.
(b) She used to help her father sell flowers there as a child.
(c) She was born there.
(d) She was turned into a changeling there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Clara upset about what Sinter Klaas left in her shoe?
2. When Iris is sure Margarethe is going to punish her for trying to sneak Clara out, what does Iris receive instead?
3. Henrika and Margarethe usually get along:
4. After the Master's painting is met with great success, what does he ask Margarethe?
5. Why are the Master and Caspar invited over for dinner with the newly formed van den Meer family?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)