|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Imp-Riddled House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Iris take in Schoonmaker's household?
(a) She stands outside holding an advertisement for his business.
(b) She scrubs the floors every other day.
(c) She makes her famous biscuits every morning.
(d) She sits so he can paint her.
2. How does Iris propose getting Clara out of the house?
(a) By hiding her underneath Ruth's biggest dress.
(b) By sneaking her out in a wheelbarrow.
(c) By sneaking out at night when no one is awake.
(d) By just having her walk out the front door.
3. When the Fishers first arrive in the marketplace, how are they treated?
(c) All of these answers are correct.
4. Who is Pieter ten Broek?
(a) A priest in a local church.
(b) Margarethe's brother.
(c) The girls' long-lost father.
(d) Margarethe's grandfather.
5. What item does Ruth try to steal in the marketplace?
(a) Some meat.
(b) A pear.
(c) A fish.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Ruth take in Schoonmaker's household?
2. What is the name of the painting the Master creates for van den Meer?
3. Who is Luykas?
4. What prompts Iris to try to get Clara out of the house in Chapter 2?
5. Before the large dinner party where his painting of Clara is revealed, what does the Master do to help comfort Ruth?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)