|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Chapter 1 The Obscure Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ruth initially described in the novel?
(a) As shy and unable/unwilling to speak.
(b) As conscientious and unattractive.
(c) As mentally impaired and hard to control.
(d) As beautiful and loving.
2. What famous fairy tale does Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister depend on the reader being familiar with?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
3. What role does Iris take in Schoonmaker's household?
(a) She stands outside holding an advertisement for his business.
(b) She makes her famous biscuits every morning.
(c) She sits so he can paint her.
(d) She scrubs the floors every other day.
4. What role does Ruth take in Schoonmaker's household?
(a) She sits so he can paint her.
(b) She paints copies of his paintings.
(c) She fetches new paints for him.
(d) She gathers flowers for him every day.
5. What city do the Fishers flee to?
(a) The reader never learns the name of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Fishers flee their homeland, who are they expecting will house and feed them?
2. Who is Pieter ten Broek?
3. When the book begins, from what country have the Fishers fled?
4. When the book begins, who is the narrator?
5. What are Iris and Margarethe a little afraid Schoonmaker will ask Iris to do when they first start working together?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)