|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 The Ball.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Master, what is the reason behind Margarethe's lie about his relationship with Caspar?
(a) She always was in love with Caspar.
(b) Margarethe wanted Iris to marry someone better.
(c) She always was in love with the Master.
(d) She was blackmailing him for money for food.
2. Which item is van Stolk most interested in in the van den Meers' household?
(a) The Young Woman with Tulips painting.
(c) Van den Meer's amazing library of unique books.
(d) The nice pots and pans in the kitchen.
3. As they prepare for the ball, what does Margarethe demand Iris fill the house with?
(a) The smell of incense.
(b) Tulips in vases.
(c) The finest perfumes available in town.
(d) Beautiful dresses for them to try to choose from.
4. What does Iris tell Clara that changes her mind about attending the ball?
(a) That she needs to grow up.
(b) That she needs to do something to help her father and her family's situation.
(c) That she is strong, brave, and has a good heart.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
5. What happens during Iris and Clara's attempts to get Clara out of the house?
(a) Ruth tells on them.
(b) Iris panics and changes her mind.
(c) Clara panics and changes her mind.
(d) Henrika catches them before they can get very far.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margarethe feel that Philippe de Marisllac will be interested in Iris?
2. As the ball approaches, what part of the van den Meer house does Clara often refuse to leave?
3. How do Margarethe, Ruth, and Iris plan on getting dresses for the ball?
4. What prompts Iris to try to get Clara out of the house in Chapter 2?
5. After Henrika's death, what is her portrait replaced with in the van den Meers' household?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)