|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Imp-Riddled House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Margarethe know about Henrika?
(a) That Henrika is hiding money.
(b) That Henrika is having an affair.
(c) That Clara isn't actually Mr. Van den Meer's son.
(d) That Henrika is pregnant.
2. What is the financial situation of the van den Meers when the Fishers move in with them?
(a) The van den Meers are on the brink of poverty.
(b) The van den Meers are neither rich nor poor.
(c) The van den Meers are very wealthy.
(d) The van den Meers are poor now, but expect to get more money.
3. How does van den Meer plan on revealing the painting he commissioned?
(a) Through a fancy dinner party.
(b) By donating it to a city museum.
(c) By donating it to a city church.
(d) By unveiling it in the town square.
4. How is Ruth initially described in the novel?
(a) As conscientious and unattractive.
(b) As mentally impaired and hard to control.
(c) As beautiful and loving.
(d) As shy and unable/unwilling to speak.
5. When the book begins, from what country have the Fishers fled?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the town say is the cause of Henrika's health issues?
2. When Iris is sure Margarethe is going to punish her for trying to sneak Clara out, what does Iris receive instead?
3. What city do the Fishers flee to?
4. What do Caspar and Iris both believe lives in the highest part of the van den Meers' house?
5. What famous fairy tale does Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister depend on the reader being familiar with?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)