|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Imp-Riddled House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items does Margarethe give Iris to give the Van den Meers when she is sent over to their household for the first time?
(a) A pastry.
(b) A fancy silk handkerchief.
(c) A toy windmill.
(d) A letter.
2. What does the Master call Mr. van den Meer that crosses a line of acceptability?
(a) A money-hungry lump.
(b) A fraud.
(c) An adulterer.
(d) A hen-pecked husband.
3. What secret does Margarethe know about Henrika?
(a) That Clara isn't actually Mr. Van den Meer's son.
(b) That Henrika is pregnant.
(c) That Henrika is hiding money.
(d) That Henrika is having an affair.
4. What has allegedly happened to Jack Fisher?
(a) He will be joining the Fisher family later.
(b) He has been killed by a mob.
(c) No one really knows.
(d) He left the family in poverty.
5. What does Iris think of Caspar's paintings of Ruth?
(a) That they are accurate but flattering.
(b) That they are horribly ugly.
(c) That they don't portray Ruth truthfully.
(d) That the colors are very, very ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Caspar and Iris both believe lives in the highest part of the van den Meers' house?
2. What are Iris and Margarethe a little afraid Schoonmaker will ask Iris to do when they first start working together?
3. Henrika and Margarethe usually get along:
4. After the successful unveiling of the painting of Clara, what does Margarethe ask Mr. van den Meer for?
5. Does Iris ever find an imp in the van den Meers' household?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)