|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Imp-Riddled House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Luykas?
(a) Mr. van den Meer; it's his Christian name.
(b) Schoonmaker's long-lost son.
(c) Ruth's father.
(d) Iris's father.
2. What does the town say is the cause of Henrika's health issues?
(a) That something demonic resides in the house at night.
(b) That Margarethe is secretly poisoning her.
(c) That she is cruel so God is treating her cruelly.
(d) That she is too wealthy so she is being punished for not sharing her wealth.
3. When she first arrives, what services does Margarethe offer the townspeople in exchange for food and housing?
(d) Anything she can think of.
4. How does van den Meer plan on revealing the painting he commissioned?
(a) By donating it to a city museum.
(b) Through a fancy dinner party.
(c) By donating it to a city church.
(d) By unveiling it in the town square.
5. When the book begins, who is the narrator?
(a) A man named Incubus.
(b) A reporter.
(c) An older woman who is partially crippled.
(d) A man named Caspar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Iris take in Schoonmaker's household?
2. Who is a member of the Fisher family?
3. What item does Iris actually steal in the marketplace?
4. When the book begins, from what country have the Fishers fled?
5. What kind of mother is Henrika?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)