|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 The Gallery of God's Mistakes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Henrika's death, what is her portrait replaced with in the van den Meers' household?
(a) A portrait of tulips.
(b) The portrait of Clara.
(c) A portrait of Margarethe.
(d) Henrika's portrait is never replaced.
2. What does Margarethe do to continually manipulate van Stolk and van Antum?
(a) She flirts with them herself, since she knows they have crushes on her.
(b) She pretends she is wealthier than she is.
(c) She preys on their kindness by always asking for mercy -- and money.
(d) She taunts them with glances and promises of Clara.
3. Who is van Antum?
(a) A tailor.
(b) A creditor of van den Meer's who wants his money as soon as possible.
(c) A fellow investor of van den Meer's.
(d) A priest.
4. Who is Pieter ten Broek?
(a) A priest in a local church.
(b) The girls' long-lost father.
(c) Margarethe's grandfather.
(d) Margarethe's brother.
5. Why is Iris worried about how Henrika and Margarethe interact?
(a) She doesn't want Henrika to kick out the Fishers.
(b) She worries Henrika is getting all of her mother's attention.
(c) She doesn't want Clara to begin to feel ignored.
(d) She thinks they are becoming too friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margarethe feel that Philippe de Marisllac will be interested in Iris?
2. What non-family member do Ruth, Iris, and Clara enlist in helping them get Clara to the ball?
3. Who is a member of the Fisher family?
4. Who does Iris eventually go to apprentice with, after much protest?
5. What toy is Ruth given after the commotion in the marketplace when the Fishers first arrive?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)