Prologue and Chapter 1 The Obscure Child
1. What famous fairy tale does Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister depend on the reader being familiar with?
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
2. When the book begins, who is the narrator?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A man named Caspar.
(c) A man named Incubus.
(d) An older woman who is partially crippled.
3. Who is a member of the Fisher family?
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. When the book begins, from what country have the Fishers fled?
5. What city do the Fishers flee to?
(d) The reader never learns the name of the city.
6. After the Fishers flee their homeland, who are they expecting will house and feed them?
(a) Margarethe's brother.
(b) The girls' long-lost father.
(c) Margarethe's grandfather.
(d) Nuns in a local church.
7. Who is Pieter ten Broek?
(a) A priest in a local church.
(b) Margarethe's grandfather.
(c) Margarethe's brother.
(d) The girls' long-lost father.
This section contains 5,964 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)