|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MacWhite ask Atkins to do?
2. What is Knox told when he proposes to bring in more roosters and chickens to Cambodia?
3. What is the real reason MacWhite is being replaced as an Ambassador?
4. What is Finian's Station?
5. When the men finish reading the books, what does Monet say?
Essay Topic 1
Pretend you have just received an assignment from the State Department and you will be working in Laos for two years. What is your expectation today in the way of training and preparation from the State Department. How did will that differ from the training and preparation in the 1950s and 1960s, according to this book?
Essay Topic 2
The ideology of communism is identified in this book as America's worst enemy. Why? How does communism differ from democracy? What rights and freedoms are denied communist countries, and why is this important? What do the authors believe is the best way to combat communism and keep it from spreading?
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of these characters and describe the effect they had on the people of Sarkhan. Gilbert MacWhite, Father Finian, Marie MacIntosh, George Swift.
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)