|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does U Maung Swe recommend to MacWhite?
2. What does U Maung Swe say is the reason America has lost its prestige in Asia?
3. How long does the conference go well before there are problems?
4. How does Atkins surprise the committee?
5. What was Senator Brown's conclusion after his tiring trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed description of the motives and purpose of two of these people, and their impact on the country they lived in: Emma Atkins, Marie MacIntosh, John Colvin, Joe Bing
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 21, MacWhite writes a letter to the Secretary of State and lists six suggestions for changes in the State Department procedures. Pick any two of the six and detail how this change would make a difference in how the USA is perceived by people in other countries.
Essay Topic 3
Study the qualities and background of these three men: Wolchek, Monet, MacWhite, and explain how they made such a good team in their brief time together.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)