|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Senate Committee does he chair?
2. What does Emma do to introduce the longer handled brooms?
3. How does the Vietnam ambassador prepare for the Senator's visit?
4. What organization does U Maung Swe speak of that provided aid in an acceptable manner?
5. What does Atkins decide to build?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What countries in today's world does America have difficulty understanding? List at least three. What could be done by the American government or individuals to overcome these barriers and reach a peaceful level of communication?
Essay Topic 2
List in detail the reasons why Louis Sears was: 1) an ineffective Ambassador, 2) an ineffective personnel manager, 3) a bad communicator, and 4) politically incorrect by today's standards.
Essay Topic 3
Both Homer Atkins and Tom Knox propose small projects over large grandiose schemes. Why? Doesn't a country need roads and dams to make progress? What is more important to a villager in a third world country? List the basic needs that a person has on earth, i.e., food and shelter, and choose one. Write how the absence of that one basic need can change a person's outlook about what is important.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)