Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MacWhite ask Atkins to do?
2. What is Knox told when he proposes to bring in more roosters and chickens to Cambodia?
3. What is the real reason MacWhite is being replaced as an Ambassador?
4. What is Finian's Station?
5. When the men finish reading the books, what does Monet say?
The title of the book is "The Ugly American," and in every chapter, there is someone who fits this description, when defining "ugly" in more than the traditional sense. Review each chapter and define how the main character was "ugly." In Chapter 1, it is Louis Sears, calling the natives strange little monkeys. In Chapter 13, it is the State Department. Prepare a list with the name of the "ugly" person or entity and explain by what definition they are ugly.
Describe Father Finian in detail, beginning with his physical appearance, and then his ideals, goals, methods and thought processes. Was he an effective tool against communism in Burma? Why?
List in detail the reasons why Louis Sears was: 1) an ineffective Ambassador, 2) an ineffective personnel manager, 3) a bad communicator, and 4) politically incorrect by today's standards.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)