|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Asch think it is necessary that his delegation answers the questions firmly and quickly?
2. What idea does Emma give him regarding the pump?
3. How successful is Emma's introduction of the long handled broom?
4. Why didn't Emma just order American brooms and hand them out?
5. What is the surprise weapon the men decide to use against the Communists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Homer Atkins and Tom Knox propose small projects over large grandiose schemes. Why? Doesn't a country need roads and dams to make progress? What is more important to a villager in a third world country? List the basic needs that a person has on earth, i.e., food and shelter, and choose one. Write how the absence of that one basic need can change a person's outlook about what is important.
Essay Topic 2
Why was Mao Tse-Tung's battlefield tactics so effective? How did studying these tactics turn out for Wolchek, Monet and MacWhite? How did it hurt them?
Essay Topic 3
Pretend you have just received an assignment from the State Department and you will be working in Laos for two years. What is your expectation today in the way of training and preparation from the State Department. How did will that differ from the training and preparation in the 1950s and 1960s, according to this book?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)