|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The authors say America will lose its freedom not in a nuclear cataclysm but how?
2. What event does Hillandale get invited to soon after arriving in Sarkhan?
3. Who interferes with Hillandale and causes this progress to be lost?
4. What does Atkins decide to build?
5. The authors say America should stop selling guns and money and sell what instead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail what you believe the authors meant when they said "We believe that a nuclear cataclysm is unlikely, but that our free life well may be lost in a succession of bits and fragments."
Essay Topic 2
Why was Louis Sears so successful in his career through the political process in America, and Gilbert MacWhite forced to resign? Is this fair? Do you think this method of promoting unqualified people is going on today as well?
Essay Topic 3
Why was Mao Tse-Tung's battlefield tactics so effective? How did studying these tactics turn out for Wolchek, Monet and MacWhite? How did it hurt them?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)