|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hillandale visits the capital city of Sarkhan, what sort of shop does he notice outnumbers all the others?
2. What example of "tinsel" does U Maung Swe offer?
3. What event does Hillandale get invited to soon after arriving in Sarkhan?
4. Who is the new Ambassador to Sarkhan?
5. What does U Maung Swe say is the reason America has lost its prestige in Asia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book was written before President Kennedy created the Peace Corps. How does the story of the Martins, Bob Maile and the Atkins compare to the purposes of the Peace Corps?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 21, MacWhite writes a letter to the Secretary of State and lists six suggestions for changes in the State Department procedures. Pick any two of the six and detail how this change would make a difference in how the USA is perceived by people in other countries.
Essay Topic 3
Solomon Asch is a thorough, experienced negotiator, but he fails to follow up with his people after his initial assessment. What could he have done to: 1) insure Boning was not led astray, 2) soothe Anderson's feelings and keep him on his side, and 3) bring the conference to a more successful conclusion?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)