|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of Captain Boning's distraction?
2. What does MacWhite ask Atkins to do?
3. What organization does U Maung Swe speak of that provided aid in an acceptable manner?
4. What project does MacWhite give Atkins to work on?
5. What do the authors say substitute training in selection of ambassadors for American embassies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pretend you have just received an assignment from the State Department and you will be working in Laos for two years. What is your expectation today in the way of training and preparation from the State Department. How did will that differ from the training and preparation in the 1950s and 1960s, according to this book?
Essay Topic 2
What were MacWhite's acknowledged mistakes in Sarkhan? List them, and describe how he could have prevented them.
Essay Topic 3
Study the qualities and background of these three men: Wolchek, Monet, MacWhite, and explain how they made such a good team in their brief time together.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)