|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Homer Atkins choose to partner with on the pump manufacturing?
2. What do the authors say substitute training in selection of ambassadors for American embassies?
3. Who behaves incorrectly at the performance and causes the Asians consternation?
4. What is the common problem of the village elderly?
5. How does Atkins surprise the committee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What countries in today's world does America have difficulty understanding? List at least three. What could be done by the American government or individuals to overcome these barriers and reach a peaceful level of communication?
Essay Topic 2Describe Father Finian in detail, beginning with his physical appearance, and then his ideals, goals, methods and thought processes. Was he an effective tool against communism in Burma? Why?
Essay Topic 3What would you do if you were President? Is the title of Chapter 13. If you were President of the USA in 1955 and read this book, list the top twenty actions you would take to address the problems outlined in The Ugly American.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)