Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MacWhite ask Atkins to do?
2. What is Knox told when he proposes to bring in more roosters and chickens to Cambodia?
3. What is the real reason MacWhite is being replaced as an Ambassador?
4. What is Finian's Station?
5. When the men finish reading the books, what does Monet say?
Essay Topic 1
Pretend you have just received an assignment from the State Department and you will be working in Laos for two years. What is your expectation today in the way of training and preparation from the State Department. How did will that differ from the training and preparation in the 1950s and 1960s, according to this book?
Essay Topic 2
Solomon Asch is a thorough, experienced negotiator, but he fails to follow up with his people after his initial assessment. What could he have done to: 1) insure Boning was not led astray, 2) soothe Anderson's feelings and keep him on his side, and 3) bring the conference to a more successful conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Why was Mao Tse-Tung's battlefield tactics so effective? How did studying these tactics turn out for Wolchek, Monet and MacWhite? How did it hurt them?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)