|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surprise weapon the men decide to use against the Communists?
2. What does Emma decide is actually the problem?
3. What disturbs Knox about the Conference he is attending?
4. Who do Wolchek, MacWhite and Monet have to answer to for their successful battle against the Communists?
5. Who is the new Ambassador to Sarkhan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The ideology of communism is identified in this book as America's worst enemy. Why? How does communism differ from democracy? What rights and freedoms are denied communist countries, and why is this important? What do the authors believe is the best way to combat communism and keep it from spreading?
Essay Topic 2
Solomon Asch is a thorough, experienced negotiator, but he fails to follow up with his people after his initial assessment. What could he have done to: 1) insure Boning was not led astray, 2) soothe Anderson's feelings and keep him on his side, and 3) bring the conference to a more successful conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Study the qualities and background of these three men: Wolchek, Monet, MacWhite, and explain how they made such a good team in their brief time together.
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)