|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Senator Brown's conclusion after his tiring trip?
2. Who behaves incorrectly at the performance and causes the Asians consternation?
3. The authors say America will lose its freedom not in a nuclear cataclysm but how?
4. Who does Hillandale charm at the dinner and therefore make more progress in one night than the embassy has made in months?
5. In 1958, what percentage of the Foreign Service officer corps could speak a language other than English?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were MacWhite's acknowledged mistakes in Sarkhan? List them, and describe how he could have prevented them.
Essay Topic 2
Solomon Asch is a thorough, experienced negotiator, but he fails to follow up with his people after his initial assessment. What could he have done to: 1) insure Boning was not led astray, 2) soothe Anderson's feelings and keep him on his side, and 3) bring the conference to a more successful conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Why was Mao Tse-Tung's battlefield tactics so effective? How did studying these tactics turn out for Wolchek, Monet and MacWhite? How did it hurt them?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)