|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose books do Wolcheck, Monet and MacWhite study?
2. The authors say America should stop selling guns and money and sell what instead?
3. Senator Brown wanted to talk to real soldiers and natives. Who did he talk to?
4. What was the cause of Captain Boning's distraction?
5. How does Atkins surprise the committee?
Essay Topic 1
Both Homer Atkins and Tom Knox propose small projects over large grandiose schemes. Why? Doesn't a country need roads and dams to make progress? What is more important to a villager in a third world country? List the basic needs that a person has on earth, i.e., food and shelter, and choose one. Write how the absence of that one basic need can change a person's outlook about what is important.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail what you believe the authors meant when they said "We believe that a nuclear cataclysm is unlikely, but that our free life well may be lost in a succession of bits and fragments."
Essay Topic 3
List in detail the reasons why Louis Sears was: 1) an ineffective Ambassador, 2) an ineffective personnel manager, 3) a bad communicator, and 4) politically incorrect by today's standards.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)