|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authors say America should stop selling guns and money and sell what instead?
(b) The dignity of freedom
2. Who does Hillandale charm at the dinner and therefore make more progress in one night than the embassy has made in months?
(a) The Prime Minister of Sarkhan
(b) Gilbert MacWhite
(c) Joe Bing
(d) Mao Tse-Tung
3. When the first sales person returns with orders for the pump, how many does he have?
4. What do the authors say substitute training in selection of ambassadors for American embassies?
(a) Personal wealth, political loyalty and the ability to stay out of trouble
(b) Anglo-american names, corporate connections and social skills
(c) Language skills and a background in psychology
(d) Standing up for what is right and voicing an opinion
5. What type of home does he choose in Sarkhan?
(a) Small cottage with pressed earth floors
(b) Sturdy double-wide trailer
(c) Quonset hut from the USA
(d) Large mansion on the river
Short Answer Questions
1. What other branch of the government is stationed in foregin lands and also lacks the ability to communicate in the language of the people that surround them?
2. What does U Maung Swe recommend to MacWhite?
3. What was the reaction of Wolcheck and Monet's superiors to the details of the battle?
4. What does Knox decide to do?
5. Who is Boning?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)