|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authors say the American embassies overseas are so busy trying to entertain visiting American VIP's that they resemble what?
(c) Tourist agencies
2. What disturbs Knox about the Conference he is attending?
(a) He cannot speak Cambodian
(b) The proposals for further aid are for ambitious military plans
(c) There are no other Americans at the conference
(d) There is insufficient American food available
3. What is Knox told when he proposes to bring in more roosters and chickens to Cambodia?
(a) The money could be better spent on cattle
(b) This is a great idea and you have our full support
(c) We are turning your proposals over to a committee
(d) The money could be better spent on military plans
4. Who is Homer Atkins?
(a) Marie MacIntosh's father
(b) Joe Bing's brother in law
(c) An American construction engineer brought to VietNam to decide where dams and roads should be built
(d) Gilbert MacWhite's accountant
5. What idea does Emma give him regarding the pump?
(a) To power it using bicycles
(b) To paint it red white and blue
(c) To name it after a famous Sarkhanese general
(d) To abandon it in favor of a telephone system
Short Answer Questions
1. What example of "tinsel" does U Maung Swe offer?
2. What are the main requests MacWhite makes for a change of policy in foreign service personnel?
3. Why is he called ugly?
4. Who does Homer Atkins bring with him when he moves to Sarkhan?
5. Who is Solomon Asch?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)