|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authors say America will lose its freedom not in a nuclear cataclysm but how?
(a) not with a bang but a whimper
(b) In a succession of bits and fragments
(c) In a long protracted war with the Soviets
(d) Through global warming
2. What was Senator Brown's conclusion after his tiring trip?
(a) The communists are making serious inroads into Southeast Asia
(b) Embassy procedures need a serious renovation
(c) Everything is just as the embassy says it is
(d) Americans should not be allowed to travel to Southeast Asia
3. Who is Solomon Asch?
(a) Head of the American Delegation to the Special Armament section of the Asia Conference?
(b) The Ambassdor to Sarkhan from the Soviet Union
(c) Head of the Sarkhanese Delegation to the Special Armament section of the Asian Conference
(d) A Chinese offical in Vietnam
4. Who does Hillandale charm at the dinner and therefore make more progress in one night than the embassy has made in months?
(a) Joe Bing
(b) The Prime Minister of Sarkhan
(c) Mao Tse-Tung
(d) Gilbert MacWhite
5. What is Knox told when he proposes to bring in more roosters and chickens to Cambodia?
(a) The money could be better spent on cattle
(b) This is a great idea and you have our full support
(c) The money could be better spent on military plans
(d) We are turning your proposals over to a committee
Short Answer Questions
1. Who behaves incorrectly at the performance and causes the Asians consternation?
2. What does MacWhite ask Atkins to do?
3. What does Emma do to introduce the longer handled brooms?
4. Who is Jonathon Brown?
5. What other branch of the government is stationed in foregin lands and also lacks the ability to communicate in the language of the people that surround them?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)