Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MacWhite ask Atkins to do?
(a) Leave the room
(b) Move to Sarkhan
(c) Return to the United States
(d) Move to Burma
2. What is Knox told when he proposes to bring in more roosters and chickens to Cambodia?
(a) The money could be better spent on military plans
(b) This is a great idea and you have our full support
(c) We are turning your proposals over to a committee
(d) The money could be better spent on cattle
3. What is the real reason MacWhite is being replaced as an Ambassador?
(a) He became a Buddhist
(b) He angered the Sarkhanese government
(c) He announced he was defecting to the Soviet Union
(d) He told the truth about conditions in Asia and the truth was different from the official government line
4. What is Finian's Station?
(a) A non-denominational college for Sarkhanese students attending on a four year scholarship
(b) The name of the volunteer fire station in Homer Atkins' village
(c) A cozy cafe near the embassy in Sarkhan
(d) The second most popular television channel in Sarkhan
5. When the men finish reading the books, what does Monet say?
(a) The French methods of war are better
(b) Mao needs to see a counselor
(c) Let us begin a book club for the villagers
(d) Mao is right and we have been wrong
6. What Senate Committee does he chair?
(a) Judicial Review
(b) Foreign Affairs
(c) Armament & Manpower
(d) Ways and Means
7. What is the common problem of the village elderly?
(a) They are grossly overweight
(b) Backs are curved and they walk bent over
(c) Their teeth have fallen out
(d) They cannot speak English
8. The authors say America should stop selling guns and money and sell what instead?
(d) The dignity of freedom
9. What organization does U Maung Swe speak of that provided aid in an acceptable manner?
(a) The Ford Foundation
(c) Union Carbide
(d) The Gates Foundation
10. When MacWhite writes his letter to the Secretary of State, how many Americans does he say have been through the embassy and how many were valuable in the struggle against communism?
(a) Over 300 people, only five valuable
(b) Over 10 people, none valuable
(c) Over 300 peope, none valuable
(d) Over 500 people, all valuable
11. Who is the new Ambassador to Sarkhan?
(b) Homer Atkins
(c) Marie MacIntosh
(d) Joe Bing
12. What was the cause of Captain Boning's distraction?
(a) He was in financial trouble
(b) He was ill with dysentary
(c) He was watching television all night
(d) He was spending every night with a Chinese woman and not sleeping
13. How does Atkins surprise the committee?
(a) By telling them the Communists have built a huge road in the jungle that runs the length of the country
(b) By announcing his plans to become communist
(c) By falling asleep during the proceedings
(d) By demonstrating a long handled broom
14. What project does MacWhite give Atkins to work on?
(a) Building dams and roads in Sarkhan
(b) Discover who Donald and Roger are reporting to in the communist party
(c) Create a way for Sarkhanese people to get water from the hills
(d) Finding an assignment for John Colvin
15. What disturbs Knox about the Conference he is attending?
(a) The proposals for further aid are for ambitious military plans
(b) He cannot speak Cambodian
(c) There are no other Americans at the conference
(d) There is insufficient American food available
Short Answer Questions
1. Who behaves incorrectly at the performance and causes the Asians consternation?
2. Who does Homer Atkins choose to partner with on the pump manufacturing?
3. What event does Hillandale get invited to soon after arriving in Sarkhan?
4. What idea does Emma give him regarding the pump?
5. Who interferes with Hillandale and causes this progress to be lost?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)