|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When fighting an enemy that has superior numbers, what does Mao say is the key to success?
(a) Firepower and wealth
(b) Well fed troops who are promoted often
(c) Mobility and the use of darkness
(d) Foreign aid and intelligence
2. Who is Solomon Asch?
(a) The Ambassdor to Sarkhan from the Soviet Union
(b) A Chinese offical in Vietnam
(c) Head of the American Delegation to the Special Armament section of the Asia Conference?
(d) Head of the Sarkhanese Delegation to the Special Armament section of the Asian Conference
3. What is the State Department's reply to MacWhite's policy suggestions?
(a) MacWhite is sent to Cambodia on a fact-finding mission
(b) The suggestions are welcomed and MacWhite is asked to accept the position of Secretary of State
(c) The suggestions are approved and put into practice within one year
(d) None are acceptable, and he is being replaced as Ambassador to Sarkhan
4. When the first sales person returns with orders for the pump, how many does he have?
5. What was Senator Brown's conclusion after his tiring trip?
(a) Everything is just as the embassy says it is
(b) The communists are making serious inroads into Southeast Asia
(c) Embassy procedures need a serious renovation
(d) Americans should not be allowed to travel to Southeast Asia
6. What project does MacWhite give Atkins to work on?
(a) Discover who Donald and Roger are reporting to in the communist party
(b) Building dams and roads in Sarkhan
(c) Finding an assignment for John Colvin
(d) Create a way for Sarkhanese people to get water from the hills
7. Who behaves incorrectly at the performance and causes the Asians consternation?
(c) Joe Bing
(d) George Swift
8. The authors say America should stop selling guns and money and sell what instead?
(a) The dignity of freedom
9. What happens to Knox's plan?
(a) After being provided with every conceivable luxury and fed lies about the conditions of Cambodia, he loses the sense of urgency.
(b) The plan is turned into a novel by William Faulkner
(c) He presents the plan to the Communists and they erect a statue in his honor
(d) He presents the plan to Congress and it is approved
10. What was the cause of Captain Boning's distraction?
(a) He was watching television all night
(b) He was in financial trouble
(c) He was ill with dysentary
(d) He was spending every night with a Chinese woman and not sleeping
11. What is the surprise weapon the men decide to use against the Communists?
(a) A rocket truck
(b) A female spy
(c) An atomic bomb
(d) AK-47s and Uzis
12. What disturbs Knox about the Conference he is attending?
(a) There is insufficient American food available
(b) There are no other Americans at the conference
(c) The proposals for further aid are for ambitious military plans
(d) He cannot speak Cambodian
13. What organization does U Maung Swe speak of that provided aid in an acceptable manner?
(a) The Ford Foundation
(b) The Gates Foundation
(c) Union Carbide
14. What is the common problem of the village elderly?
(a) They cannot speak English
(b) Backs are curved and they walk bent over
(c) Their teeth have fallen out
(d) They are grossly overweight
15. Who does Homer Atkins bring with him when he moves to Sarkhan?
(b) His wife, Emma
(c) Louis Sears
(d) Joe Bing
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Emma just order American brooms and hand them out?
2. What is Knox told when he proposes to bring in more roosters and chickens to Cambodia?
3. What example of "tinsel" does U Maung Swe offer?
4. Who does Hillandale charm at the dinner and therefore make more progress in one night than the embassy has made in months?
5. What does the Phillipine Ambassador ask Hillandale to do at the dinner?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)