|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does she get to work?
(b) Takes the Metro
(c) Chauffer driven car
(d) Rides the bus
2. How did the government advertise the recruitment meeting?
(a) Brightly colored placards posted around Washington D.C.
(b) Newspaper ads with attractive photos
(c) Ads on CNN
(d) Word of mouth
3. Who does Sears ask Peterson to assign to Sarkhan?
(a) Joe Bing
(b) Hilary Clinton
(c) Father Finian
(d) John Colvin
4. Who is Li Ping?
(a) Donald's brother
(b) A Chinese man who is a representative of General Chiang Kai-shek
(c) Roger's father
(d) Marie MacIntosh's boyfriend
5. What does MacWhite ask Li Ping?
(a) Would you hire Roger and Donald?
(b) Did you like Louis Sears?
(c) Would you consider being my assistant?
(d) Which Chinese leaders are sympathetic to the communists?
6. Why was there a famine in South Sarkhan?
(a) Severe typhoons destroyed the crops
(b) Seeds were blown away by tornadoes
(c) The Americans stole the crops
(d) Rice weevils
7. How many acres of land were involved in this incident?
8. When Hillandale leaves the northern province, what percentage of them vote for Magsaysay?
9. What does Joe Bing call the U.S.Government
(a) Uncle Sammy
(b) Big Brother
(c) The United States Government
(d) The General
10. Ruth Jyoti says in her country, good deeds are publicized by what?
(a) The bamboo telegraph
(b) Oprah Winfrey Show
(c) Printed newspapers
(d) The radio
11. Why does Deong want to cause Colvin's plan to fail?
(a) Because Deong does not want the Americans to look better than the communists
(b) Deong is jealous of his succss
(c) Deong has a competing business
(d) Colvin treated Deong badly in the past
12. Who is Roger and Donald
(a) Sakhanese servants in the embassy
(b) Famous comedians who come for the USO show
(c) Two American intelligence officers in Vietnam
(d) Two of Father Finian's nine friends
13. How does the State Department define her new location?
(a) A hardship post
(b) An ordinary posting
(c) A stateside posting
(d) A luxury assigment
14. Who is the Ragtime Kid?
(a) Homer Atkins
(b) Joe Bing
(c) Marie MacIntosh
(d) Air Force Colonel Edwin B. Hillandale
15. Why does Gilbert MacWhite speak freely about confidential matters around Roger and Donald?
(a) He believes they cannot speak English
(b) He believes they are harmless
(c) He belives they are too ignorant to understand
(d) He believes they are both deaf
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Ambassador resent this move?
2. How does Upton describe Joe Bing to the audience?
3. What does Colvin say when Sears says he will have him transferred back to the USA?
4. What happened when Father Finian incorporates the Burmese food into his diet?
5. What does Hillandale do when he reaches the northern province?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)