|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, "The Sum of Tiny Things".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause of Captain Boning's distraction?
(a) He was watching television all night
(b) He was spending every night with a Chinese woman and not sleeping
(c) He was ill with dysentary
(d) He was in financial trouble
2. What story is Ruth Jyoti most famous for?
(a) The Lindbergh kidnapping
(b) The Chinese discovery of the moon
(c) The Hindenberg disaster
(d) The success of Father Finian in Burma
3. Why is Li Ping angered by this question?
(a) Li Ping is always angry
(b) Li Ping knows the servants are listening
(c) Li Ping is a communist
(d) Li Ping does not speak good English
4. When Hillandale visits the capital city of Sarkhan, what sort of shop does he notice outnumbers all the others?
(a) Shops that sell guns and knives
(b) Perfume and silk shops
(c) Shoe and dress shops
(d) Palmistry and astrology establishments
5. Who is Boning?
(a) A Sarkhanese mechanic
(b) John Colvin's partner
(c) American Navy Captain assigned to the delegation
(d) An agricultural representative for the United States to Vietnam
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper they created to confuse the communists and tell the truth to the Burmese people?
2. When fighting an enemy that has superior numbers, what does Mao say is the key to success?
3. What is the first step that the friends decide to take?
4. If all the Americans were like Bob Maile, what does Ruth Jyoti say would happen in Asia?
5. How does she get to work every day?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)