|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, "The Sum of Tiny Things".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe Bing?
(a) Servant at the Soviet Embassy
(b) French Ambassador to Sarkhan
(c) Mayor of Fort Worth
(d) Chief of Information for ICA
2. When Emma asks the villagers what causes this problem, what is their answer?
(a) It is caused by the altitude
(b) This is what happens when people get old
(c) It is caused by the water from the well
(d) It is punishment for sins they have committed
3. Why does MacWhite join up with Wolchek and Monet?
(a) Because Louis Sears recommended it
(b) He is bored with his duties as being ambassador
(c) To get away from his wife in Sarkhan
(d) To learn why the communists are winning all over Asia
4. How does Deong plan to cause Colvin to fail?
(a) By killing Colvin
(b) By cutting prices in his business
(c) By making Colvin put ipecac into the powdered milk, making the Sarkhanese sick
(d) By stealing his mail
5. What was the cause of Captain Boning's distraction?
(a) He was ill with dysentary
(b) He was watching television all night
(c) He was spending every night with a Chinese woman and not sleeping
(d) He was in financial trouble
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the rumor persist?
2. What first caused Father Finian to realize the dangers of communism?
3. What does Father Finian do when he arrives in Burma?
4. What does Emma do to introduce the longer handled brooms?
5. How successful is Emma's introduction of the long handled broom?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)