|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Ambassador and the Working Press".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colvin say when Sears says he will have him transferred back to the USA?
(a) "Will you come with me?"
(b) "When is the next flight?"
(c) "I don't have enough money"
(d) "I won't go"
2. How many native communists does Sears claim to have met?
3. Why is this not good evidence?
(a) It is not in English
(b) Louis Sears invented it
(c) It is not acceptable in court
(d) The Sarkhanese government ordered the paper to write it in order to smooth relations
4. What does Louis Sears ask Peterson to do for him?
(a) Send a color television for the embassy
(b) Pay for a swimming pool at the embassy
(c) Find a staff who is competent and efficient
(d) Recruit a staff for Sarkhan that will make Sears look good.
5. What story is Ruth Jyoti most famous for?
(a) The Hindenberg disaster
(b) The Lindbergh kidnapping
(c) The success of Father Finian in Burma
(d) The Chinese discovery of the moon
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sears ask Peterson to assign to Sarkhan?
2. How did Ambassador Krupitzyn convince the Sarkhanese that the relief rice was from the Soviet Union and not America?
3. Of the names listed below, who was also a speaker at the recruitment meeting?
4. How many men are in Father Finian's group, including hiim?
5. Who is Dexter Peterson?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)