|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "Everybody Loves Joe Bing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth Jyoti think of Joe Bing?
(a) his is an inconsiderate bastard who knows nothing of Asian ways.
(b) He is a professional foreign service officer
(c) He is a celebrity in America
(d) He is a good and decent man
2. What was their answer?
(a) To have a country where any man may worship and live as he wishes
(b) To have a country where Americans are banned from entering
(c) Down the road, third tree on the left
(d) We are all communists
3. What was the name of the newspaper they created to confuse the communists and tell the truth to the Burmese people?
(a) Mother Earth News
(b) The Communist Farmer
(c) The Onion
(d) The American Farmer
4. What is Ruth Jyoti's main criticisms of Americans who live in Asia?
(a) They are all Catholics
(b) They are too tall
(c) They are too pale
(d) They care nothing for the culture of the people living there
5. Who is Ruth Jyoti?
(a) Ambassador of China
(b) A talk show host on Hanoi television
(c) Editor of an American newspaper in Sacramento
(d) Editor and Publisher of a prominent and independent Southeast Asian newspaper
Short Answer Questions
1. After studying communism, what does Father Finian conclude?
2. Why does Kruptizyn like Ambassador Sears?
3. What does Joe Rivers think of Joe Bing?
4. What first caused Father Finian to realize the dangers of communism?
5. Why has Deong decided to become a communist?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)