|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "Everybody Loves Joe Bing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ambassador Krupitzyn convince the Sarkhanese that the relief rice was from the Soviet Union and not America?
(a) A radio broadcast in Russian
(b) He produced 100,000 handbills with the information written on it
(c) He arranged for the rice bags to be re-labeled as coming from Russia
(d) A spokesman from the Soviet Union discussed the rice on Sarkhanese television
2. How does Deong plan to cause Colvin to fail?
(a) By killing Colvin
(b) By stealing his mail
(c) By cutting prices in his business
(d) By making Colvin put ipecac into the powdered milk, making the Sarkhanese sick
3. What was the name of the newspaper they created to confuse the communists and tell the truth to the Burmese people?
(a) Mother Earth News
(b) The Communist Farmer
(c) The Onion
(d) The American Farmer
4. What medicine did Deong and Colvin put into the Japanese soldiers' food?
(a) Pepto Bismol
5. What does Ruth Jyoti think of Joe Bing?
(a) his is an inconsiderate bastard who knows nothing of Asian ways.
(b) He is a good and decent man
(c) He is a professional foreign service officer
(d) He is a celebrity in America
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Finian do when he arrives in Burma?
2. What does Joe Rivers think of Joe Bing?
3. Who is Father Finian?
4. Who informs Lous Sears about John Colvin's injuries?
5. Who is Lucky, Lucky Lou #2?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)