Chapter 1, "Lucky, Lucky Lou #1"
• Louis Sears, the American Ambassador to Sarkhan is angry about a political cartoon about him in the local newspaper
• Ambassador Sears considers the local population to be inferior and he has no interest in learning about them while he awaits appointment as a judge back in the USA
• Ambassador Sears is told by his assistant that an American, John Colvin, has been beaten and is in the hospital.
• John Colvin awakens in the hospital and remembers what happened to him
• Colvin had parachuted into Sarkhan during WWII and was befriended by a native man, Deong
• After retiring from the service, Colvin became a wealthy dairyman in the USA
• Colvin read about the problems in Sarkhan and came to the country in order to introduce a new form of income for the inhabitants using dairy products.
• Colvin's old friend Deong is now a...
This section contains 2,345 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)