|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pa and his followers say as they run away from the Czar?
2. What happens to the Czar as they reach the trench?
3. What does Pa insist even though he ran away?
4. What does Pa do in regard to the judges?
5. What will happen to those that Pa sends down the chute?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What contradictions occurred within the novel? Why do you believe the author included them? Do you believe they were necessary to keep the audience engaged? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The play was originally preformed as a puppet show. In what ways would this play be better shown as a puppet show? In what ways are human actors better?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is the theme of ambition explored in this novel? Do you believe the author explores it in a good way or bad way? Why?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)