|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is always Pa's first reaction in battle?
2. What does Pa do in regard to the judges?
3. What does Pa say is the only reason he killed the king?
4. What will happen to those that Pa sends down the chute?
5. How much does Pa order he will now receive from the profits of the taxes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author utilize such vulgar language at times and poetic language at others? Do you believe this is an effective technique? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between the monologue and the aside? How does the author utilize both in the novel? What type of information is best for each type of dialogue device? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use exaggeration in this play? Could this play succeed without exaggeration? Why or why not?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)