|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa say is the only reason he killed the king?
2. What do Pa and his followers say as they run away from the Czar?
3. What happens to the judges when they refuse?
4. What news does the messenger bring to Pa?
5. What does Pa do in regard to the judges?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe the ending fate of Ma and Pa was just and deserved? Why or why not? If you were the author how would you have ended the story?
Essay Topic 2
There is a great amount of violence in the play. In what ways is the violence necessary? Do you believe it helps to enhance the novel or detract from it? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
What actions do Pa and Ma take which show that they are willing to go to any lengths to secure riches? How do you feel about their actions? Do you believe there are people like that in our present society? Why or why not?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)