|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the judges when they refuse?
2. What do the men say to Pa which shows they are finally rebelling?
3. Why do the councilors and Ma laugh at Pa?
4. What does Pa say is the only reason he killed the king?
5. What causes Ma to run off?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is religion made fun of in this play? Do you think the author's satire of religion is done well or poorly? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
The play was originally preformed as a puppet show. In what ways would this play be better shown as a puppet show? In what ways are human actors better?
Essay Topic 3
Based on this play, what is the author's opinion on the world and of humanity? What in the play makes you think this way? Do you agree with the author? Why or why not?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)