|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the joys talked about of being king?
2. How much does Pa order he will now receive from the profits of the taxes?
3. What news does the messenger bring to Pa?
4. How does Ma feel when she finds the gold?
5. What do the men say to Pa which shows they are finally rebelling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What actions do Pa and Ma take which show that they are willing to go to any lengths to secure riches? How do you feel about their actions? Do you believe there are people like that in our present society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the ending fate of Ma and Pa was just and deserved? Why or why not? If you were the author how would you have ended the story?
Essay Topic 3
What type of person is Pa? Would you want him to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Pa would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)