|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ma feel when she finds the gold?
2. Who appears with the Czar?
3. What does Pa say is the only reason he killed the king?
4. How does Ma suggest Pa win over Buggerless?
5. What does Pa say he is going to do himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author utilize foreshadowing in this play? Does the author do a good job of foreshadowing? Why or why not? Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
How does the chaotic writing style used by the author help to make one of the play's key thematic points? Do you agree with this thematic point? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does the author reference Shakespearean plays? Do you believe this was intentional? Why or why not?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)