|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men discuss as Pa is sleeping?
2. Who does Pa call to his council chambers?
3. What is the song that the Polish army is singing about?
4. What do Pa and Ma say Buggerless can have?
5. Which of the following isn't something Pa complains about on his march to Russia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author utilize such vulgar language at times and poetic language at others? Do you believe this is an effective technique? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Based on this play, what is the author's opinion on the world and of humanity? What in the play makes you think this way? Do you agree with the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is a soliloquy? What is it used for? How did the author use the soliloquy in this play? Do you think they were appropriate or inappropriate? Why or why not?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)