|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to those that Pa sends down the chute?
2. What does Pa do in regard to the judges?
3. Who protests Pa's decision on the tax profits?
4. Which of the following is not something Pa dreams about?
5. How does Pa react to the message?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What contradictions occurred within the novel? Why do you believe the author included them? Do you believe they were necessary to keep the audience engaged? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The play was originally preformed as a puppet show. In what ways would this play be better shown as a puppet show? In what ways are human actors better?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does the author reference Shakespearean plays? Do you believe this was intentional? Why or why not?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)