|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pa call to his council chambers?
2. Which of the following is not something Pa dreams about?
3. How much does Pa order he will now receive from the profits of the taxes?
4. Which of the following is not something Pa does as he attacks the Czar?
5. How can the peasants tell when Pa is drawing near?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does the author reference Shakespearean plays? Do you believe this was intentional? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What type of person is Pa? Would you want him to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Pa would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
What contradictions occurred within the novel? Why do you believe the author included them? Do you believe they were necessary to keep the audience engaged? Why or why not?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)