|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ma feel when she finds the gold?
2. Which of the following is not something Pa does as he attacks the Czar?
3. Why did Pa take the account books with him to battle?
4. What does Pa plan to control beyond the finances?
5. What do the men want to do with the bear?
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe the ending fate of Ma and Pa was just and deserved? Why or why not? If you were the author how would you have ended the story?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is the theme of ambition explored in this novel? Do you believe the author explores it in a good way or bad way? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is it indicated that the main motivation in Pa's life is greed? Is Pa greedier than Ma? Why do you feel this way? Does Pa ever overcome his greediness? Why or why not?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)