|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
2. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
3. What is Ma's opinion of the people who are receiving the money?
4. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
5. How does Buggerless respond to the punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ma and Pa react to the information in the letter?
2. What happens once Buggerless and Rosamund arrive at the cavern in the hills?
3. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa and how does Pa react to the message?
4. Why had the king called Pa to his throne room?
5. What happens when Pa's scout reports that the Russians are nearby?
6. What is the Polish army singing about and what does the sergeant drill them about?
7. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
8. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
9. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
10. What does Ma want Pa to become and how does Pa feel about this?
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe Pa would ever make a good leader? Why or why not? What about Ma? Why or why not? Of the two of them, which is more prepared to be the leader? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
What is a soliloquy? What is it used for? How did the author use the soliloquy in this play? Do you think they were appropriate or inappropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The play was originally preformed as a puppet show. In what ways would this play be better shown as a puppet show? In what ways are human actors better?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)