|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
2. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
3. How does Ma react to the exchange?
4. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
5. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rosamund concerned about Wenceslas' safety?
2. When Ma continues to express concerns and protest Pa's decisions how does he react?
3. Who is with the king in the throne room when Pa runs in?
4. Why does Pa call a meeting of his councilors?
5. What happens when Pa realizes that the angel is Ma?
6. After the storm what is brought and what does Ma talk about?
7. Why had the king called Pa to his throne room?
8. What does Pa say to his soldiers when they take refuge from the storm in a cave?
9. What does Pa do after the race is complete and the peasants have taken their gold coin?
10. How does Pa act once the guests start arriving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of person is Ma? Would you want her to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Ma would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is the theme of ambition explored in this novel? Do you believe the author explores it in a good way or bad way? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What contradictions occurred within the novel? Why do you believe the author included them? Do you believe they were necessary to keep the audience engaged? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)