|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Pa violent?
2. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
3. What does Pa issue orders for?
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
5. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ma and Pa react to the information in the letter?
2. What does Ma find as she searches for the kingdom's treasure and how does she react?
3. How does Manure convince Pa to have the feast and distribute the money?
4. What does Ma tell him while she is pretending and how does he respond?
5. What happens once Buggerless and Rosamund arrive at the cavern in the hills?
6. Where does Ma search for the kingdom's treasure?
7. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
8. What does Pa say he will do if the strange noise came from a Russian?
9. What happens when the storm comes up?
10. What is the Polish army singing about and what does the sergeant drill them about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is it indicated that the main motivation in Pa's life is greed? Is Pa greedier than Ma? Why do you feel this way? Does Pa ever overcome his greediness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There is a great amount of violence in the play. In what ways is the violence necessary? Do you believe it helps to enhance the novel or detract from it? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
What type of person is Ma? Would you want her to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Ma would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)