|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosamund concerned about?
2. Why does the king punish Buggerless?
3. What happens after Pa gives the signal?
4. Who does Buggerless fight with as Rosamund gets away?
5. Why does Pa invite everyone to the palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pa do after the race is complete and the peasants have taken their gold coin?
2. Where does Ma search for the kingdom's treasure?
3. Why is Rosamund concerned about Wenceslas' safety?
4. What does the messenger bring news of and how does Pa respond to the news?
5. Who is with the king in the throne room when Pa runs in?
6. When Ma continues to express concerns and protest Pa's decisions how does he react?
7. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
8. Where does Pa go to confront Manure and what does he brag about?
9. How does Pa act once the guests start arriving?
10. What does Ma pretend to be and why?
Essay Topic 1
There is a great amount of violence in the play. In what ways is the violence necessary? Do you believe it helps to enhance the novel or detract from it? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
What type of person is Ma? Would you want her to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Ma would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
Based on this play, what is the author's opinion on the world and of humanity? What in the play makes you think this way? Do you agree with the author? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)