|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pa invite everyone to the palace?
2. What are the people doing that helps to form Ma's opinion of them?
3. What does Ma tell Pa about his thoughts?
4. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
5. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pa say is the reason the men were able to have victory over the bear?
2. What can be said about the language that the characters of this novel use?
3. How does the play open?
4. As Pa is leading the army on a march to Russia what is he complaining about?
5. Why does Pa call a meeting of his councilors?
6. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
7. What does Pa do to get everyone to leave and how do they respond?
8. What are Ma and Pa preparing for and what does Pa joke about?
9. What does Wenceslas say about Rosamund's concern and how does she and Buggerless respond?
10. Where do Rosamund and Buggerless watch the parade and what does Buggerless see?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a great amount of violence in the play. In what ways is the violence necessary? Do you believe it helps to enhance the novel or detract from it? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does the author reference Shakespearean plays? Do you believe this was intentional? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author utilize foreshadowing in this play? Does the author do a good job of foreshadowing? Why or why not? Use specific examples.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)