|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
2. What does the king do for Pa?
3. What does Buggerless do right after he witnesses the attack?
4. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
5. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ma's opinion of how the crowd reacts to Pa's throwing of the gold?
2. What do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss and what promise does Pa make to the captain?
3. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
4. What does the messenger bring news of and how does Pa respond to the news?
5. What does Ma want Pa to become and how does Pa feel about this?
6. How does Manure convince Pa to have the feast and distribute the money?
7. Why had the king called Pa to his throne room?
8. Where does Pa go to confront Manure and what does he brag about?
9. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
10. What do Ma and Manure think Pa should do know that he has the crown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author utilize foreshadowing in this play? Does the author do a good job of foreshadowing? Why or why not? Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe Pa would ever make a good leader? Why or why not? What about Ma? Why or why not? Of the two of them, which is more prepared to be the leader? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
What type of person is Pa? Would you want him to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Pa would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)