|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
2. What is Ma's opinion on Pa's love of money?
3. What do the guests complain about?
4. What does Buggerless call Pa?
5. What does Pa return with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the peasants gossiping about?
2. What are Ma and Pa doing on the deck of the ship?
3. Why does the king punish Buggerless and what is his punishment?
4. What happens once Buggerless and Rosamund arrive at the cavern in the hills?
5. What happens when the storm comes up?
6. What is the Polish army singing about and what does the sergeant drill them about?
7. How do Ma and Pa react to the information in the letter?
8. How does the play open?
9. What does Ma want Pa to become and how does Pa feel about this?
10. What does Pa say he will do if the strange noise came from a Russian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is the theme of ambition explored in this novel? Do you believe the author explores it in a good way or bad way? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Based on this play, what is the author's opinion on the world and of humanity? What in the play makes you think this way? Do you agree with the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe the ending fate of Ma and Pa was just and deserved? Why or why not? If you were the author how would you have ended the story?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)