|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa issue orders for?
2. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
3. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
4. What does Buggerless say that he wants to do?
5. Who tries to change the king's mind about Buggerless' punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestion does Manure make to please the peasants and what happens when Pa enacts this suggestion?
2. What happens when Pa realizes that the angel is Ma?
3. How does Pa react to the king's offer and what does he give the king?
4. As Pa is leading the army on a march to Russia what is he complaining about?
5. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
6. What happens when Pa's scout reports that the Russians are nearby?
7. What does Ma say that she and Pa still have to be careful with and what do they owe Manure?
8. What does Ma want Pa to become and how does Pa feel about this?
9. What are the peasants gossiping about?
10. What happens when Pa tries to ride the horse and how do Ma and Pa react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a soliloquy? What is it used for? How did the author use the soliloquy in this play? Do you think they were appropriate or inappropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What type of person is Ma? Would you want her to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Ma would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does the author reference Shakespearean plays? Do you believe this was intentional? Why or why not?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)