|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
2. Why does Pa invite everyone to the palace?
3. What does Pa issue orders for?
4. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
5. What is Rosamund concerned about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Rosamund and Buggerless watch the parade and what does Buggerless see?
2. Why had the king called Pa to his throne room?
3. Where does Pa go to confront Manure and what does he brag about?
4. What does Pa shout as he runs into the throne room and what is he referring to when he shouts it?
5. What does Pa do to get everyone to leave and how do they respond?
6. What happens when Ma tells Pa that the new tax on marriages isn't making money?
7. What happens once Buggerless and Rosamund arrive at the cavern in the hills?
8. What happens when Pa's scout reports that the Russians are nearby?
9. What does Ma find as she searches for the kingdom's treasure and how does she react?
10. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author utilize foreshadowing in this play? Does the author do a good job of foreshadowing? Why or why not? Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
The play was originally preformed as a puppet show. In what ways would this play be better shown as a puppet show? In what ways are human actors better?
Essay Topic 3
How does the chaotic writing style used by the author help to make one of the play's key thematic points? Do you agree with this thematic point? Why or why not?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)