|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea does Pa say it is to throw money into the crowd?
2. What does the winner of the race get?
3. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
4. Why does the king punish Buggerless?
5. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Pa goes out to get more food?
2. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
3. What does Pa say to his soldiers when they take refuge from the storm in a cave?
4. What happens when the storm comes up?
5. When Ma continues to express concerns and protest Pa's decisions how does he react?
6. Who is with the king in the throne room when Pa runs in?
7. What does the letter brought to Pa and Ma from the messenger say?
8. What are Ma and Pa preparing for and what does Pa joke about?
9. Why is Rosamund concerned about Wenceslas' safety?
10. What does Pa do to get everyone to leave and how do they respond?
Essay Topic 1
What type of person is Ma? Would you want her to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Ma would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
What contradictions occurred within the novel? Why do you believe the author included them? Do you believe they were necessary to keep the audience engaged? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author utilize such vulgar language at times and poetic language at others? Do you believe this is an effective technique? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)