|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
2. What does Pa allow all of the peasants who did not win the race to do?
3. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
4. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
5. What do the people involved in the plan argue over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ma search for the kingdom's treasure?
2. What does Ma pretend to be and why?
3. What information does Ma share with the audience in her soliloquy?
4. What does Ma want Pa to become and how does Pa feel about this?
5. What happens when Pa realizes that the angel is Ma?
6. How would you best describe the style of the writing in this play?
7. What does Pa say about Poland as the play ends?
8. Why is Rosamund concerned about Wenceslas' safety?
9. What do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss and what promise does Pa make to the captain?
10. When Ma continues to express concerns and protest Pa's decisions how does he react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe the ending fate of Ma and Pa was just and deserved? Why or why not? If you were the author how would you have ended the story?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is it indicated that the main motivation in Pa's life is greed? Is Pa greedier than Ma? Why do you feel this way? Does Pa ever overcome his greediness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is a French scene? How is it used in the play? Do you think that this technique adds or detracts from the play? Why?
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)