|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
2. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
3. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
4. How does Wenceslas plan on attending the parade?
5. Which of the is a synonym for epithet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wenceslas say about Rosamund's concern and how does she and Buggerless respond?
2. What does Ma pretend to be and why?
3. What information does Ma share with the audience in her soliloquy?
4. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
5. How does the play open?
6. What does Ma find as she searches for the kingdom's treasure and how does she react?
7. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa and how does Pa react to the message?
8. Why does Pa call a meeting of his councilors?
9. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
10. What do Ma and Manure think Pa should do know that he has the crown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is the theme of ambition explored in this novel? Do you believe the author explores it in a good way or bad way? Why?
Essay Topic 2
There is a great amount of violence in the play. In what ways is the violence necessary? Do you believe it helps to enhance the novel or detract from it? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe Pa would ever make a good leader? Why or why not? What about Ma? Why or why not? Of the two of them, which is more prepared to be the leader? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)