|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ma's opinion of the people who are receiving the money?
2. How does Ma react to the exchange?
3. What does Ma think will happen to her?
4. How does Buggerless respond to the punishment?
5. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Pa go to confront Manure and what does he brag about?
2. What does Pa say is the reason the men were able to have victory over the bear?
3. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
4. What happens when Ma tells Pa that the new tax on marriages isn't making money?
5. What does Ma show Captain Manure and how does Pa react?
6. What does Wenceslas say about Rosamund's concern and how does she and Buggerless respond?
7. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
8. What does the messenger bring news of and how does Pa respond to the news?
9. What does the letter brought to Pa and Ma from the messenger say?
10. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the monologue and the aside? How does the author utilize both in the novel? What type of information is best for each type of dialogue device? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the ending fate of Ma and Pa was just and deserved? Why or why not? If you were the author how would you have ended the story?
Essay Topic 3
What contradictions occurred within the novel? Why do you believe the author included them? Do you believe they were necessary to keep the audience engaged? Why or why not?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)