|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea does Pa say it is to throw money into the crowd?
2. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
3. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
4. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
5. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pa tries to ride the horse and how do Ma and Pa react?
2. What does Ma tell him while she is pretending and how does he respond?
3. What happens as Pa goes out to get more food?
4. What does Pa say is the reason the men were able to have victory over the bear?
5. What does Ma want Pa to become and how does Pa feel about this?
6. What does Buggerless say that it is time for and how do his followers respond?
7. Who are working together to plan the assassination of the king?
8. How does the play open?
9. What does Pa do after the race is complete and the peasants have taken their gold coin?
10. As Pa is leading the army on a march to Russia what is he complaining about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use exaggeration in this play? Could this play succeed without exaggeration? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What type of person is Ma? Would you want her to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Ma would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe Pa would ever make a good leader? Why or why not? What about Ma? Why or why not? Of the two of them, which is more prepared to be the leader? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)