|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
2. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
3. What are the people doing that helps to form Ma's opinion of them?
4. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
5. How many sons does the king have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does the queen give for asking the king to reconsider Buggerless' punishment?
2. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
3. Where does Ma search for the kingdom's treasure?
4. Who are working together to plan the assassination of the king?
5. What does Pa say to his soldiers when they take refuge from the storm in a cave?
6. After the storm what is brought and what does Ma talk about?
7. What does the letter brought to Pa and Ma from the messenger say?
8. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
9. How would you best describe the style of the writing in this play?
10. What happens as Pa goes out to get more food?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of person is Pa? Would you want him to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Pa would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
There is a great amount of violence in the play. In what ways is the violence necessary? Do you believe it helps to enhance the novel or detract from it? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
How does the chaotic writing style used by the author help to make one of the play's key thematic points? Do you agree with this thematic point? Why or why not?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)