|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
2. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
3. Which of the is a synonym for epithet?
4. How does Buggerless respond to the punishment?
5. How does Wenceslas plan on attending the parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
2. What does Pa have to say about Manure and how does Ma respond?
3. What does Pa shout as he runs into the throne room and what is he referring to when he shouts it?
4. What happens when Ma tells Pa that the new tax on marriages isn't making money?
5. What suggestion does Manure make to please the peasants and what happens when Pa enacts this suggestion?
6. What does Pa say about Poland as the play ends?
7. What happens as Pa goes out to get more food?
8. What does Ma find as she searches for the kingdom's treasure and how does she react?
9. How does the play open?
10. What happens when Pa's scout reports that the Russians are nearby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe Pa would ever make a good leader? Why or why not? What about Ma? Why or why not? Of the two of them, which is more prepared to be the leader? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
What actions do Pa and Ma take which show that they are willing to go to any lengths to secure riches? How do you feel about their actions? Do you believe there are people like that in our present society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author utilize foreshadowing in this play? Does the author do a good job of foreshadowing? Why or why not? Use specific examples.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)