Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
2. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
3. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
4. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
5. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Pa is leading the army on a march to Russia what is he complaining about?
2. Why is Rosamund concerned about Wenceslas' safety?
3. What happens when Pa's scout reports that the Russians are nearby?
4. What happens when Pa realizes that the angel is Ma?
5. How does Pa act once the guests start arriving?
6. What are the peasants gossiping about?
7. What does Ma tell him while she is pretending and how does he respond?
8. What does the letter brought to Pa and Ma from the messenger say?
9. What do Ma and Manure think Pa should do know that he has the crown?
10. What does Ma find as she searches for the kingdom's treasure and how does she react?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is it indicated that the main motivation in Pa's life is greed? Is Pa greedier than Ma? Why do you feel this way? Does Pa ever overcome his greediness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the chaotic writing style used by the author help to make one of the play's key thematic points? Do you agree with this thematic point? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is the theme of ambition explored in this novel? Do you believe the author explores it in a good way or bad way? Why?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)