|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
2. Why does the king punish Buggerless?
3. What does Ma tell Pa about his thoughts?
4. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
5. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
2. What information does Ma share with the audience in her soliloquy?
3. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
4. What does Pa do after the race is complete and the peasants have taken their gold coin?
5. What happens once Buggerless and Rosamund arrive at the cavern in the hills?
6. What do Ma and Manure think Pa should do know that he has the crown?
7. What do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss and what promise does Pa make to the captain?
8. What happens when Ma tells Pa that the new tax on marriages isn't making money?
9. What does Ma tell him while she is pretending and how does he respond?
10. How does Pa react to the king's offer and what does he give the king?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the monologue and the aside? How does the author utilize both in the novel? What type of information is best for each type of dialogue device? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
What type of person is Pa? Would you want him to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Pa would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
What type of person is Ma? Would you want her to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Ma would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)