|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
2. What does Pa do when no one leaves after he completes the first attempt?
3. What does Ma think will happen to her?
4. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
5. How does Ma react to the exchange?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pa goes to the peasants and demand they pay their taxes?
2. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
3. What does the messenger bring news of and how does Pa respond to the news?
4. What are Ma and Pa preparing for and what does Pa joke about?
5. Why does the king punish Buggerless and what is his punishment?
6. What does Pa do to get everyone to leave and how do they respond?
7. Who are working together to plan the assassination of the king?
8. What happens when Pa's scout reports that the Russians are nearby?
9. What is Ma's opinion of how the crowd reacts to Pa's throwing of the gold?
10. Why had the king called Pa to his throne room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a soliloquy? What is it used for? How did the author use the soliloquy in this play? Do you think they were appropriate or inappropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What type of person is Pa? Would you want him to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Pa would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
The play was originally preformed as a puppet show. In what ways would this play be better shown as a puppet show? In what ways are human actors better?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)