|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the king says that he has complete trust in Pa Ubu, how do Rosamund and Buggerless respond?
2. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
3. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
4. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
5. Where does Pa meet with King Wenceslas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ma find as she searches for the kingdom's treasure and how does she react?
2. What reason does the queen give for asking the king to reconsider Buggerless' punishment?
3. What does Ma show Captain Manure and how does Pa react?
4. What does Pa have to say about Manure and how does Ma respond?
5. Where does Pa go to confront Manure and what does he brag about?
6. What does Pa say is the reason the men were able to have victory over the bear?
7. What happens when Pa goes to the peasants and demand they pay their taxes?
8. Why is Rosamund concerned about Wenceslas' safety?
9. What happens when Pa tries to ride the horse and how do Ma and Pa react?
10. How does the play open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the monologue and the aside? How does the author utilize both in the novel? What type of information is best for each type of dialogue device? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
What is a French scene? How is it used in the play? Do you think that this technique adds or detracts from the play? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What type of person is Pa? Would you want him to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Pa would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)