|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pa react to the news?
2. What does Pa issue orders for?
3. What is the character Pa defined by?
4. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
5. What happens when Rosamund tells Buggerless that she feels much safer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pa say is the reason the men were able to have victory over the bear?
2. Who are working together to plan the assassination of the king?
3. How does Pa react to the king's offer and what does he give the king?
4. Where does Ma search for the kingdom's treasure?
5. What does Buggerless say that it is time for and how do his followers respond?
6. How would you best describe the style of the writing in this play?
7. What information does Ma share with the audience in her soliloquy?
8. What does Wenceslas say about Rosamund's concern and how does she and Buggerless respond?
9. What happens once Buggerless and Rosamund arrive at the cavern in the hills?
10. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play was originally preformed as a puppet show. In what ways would this play be better shown as a puppet show? In what ways are human actors better?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe Pa would ever make a good leader? Why or why not? What about Ma? Why or why not? Of the two of them, which is more prepared to be the leader? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
What type of person is Pa? Would you want him to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Pa would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)