|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
2. What does Rosamund indicate her concern is based on?
3. What is Buggerless' punishment?
4. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
5. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pa's scout reports that the Russians are nearby?
2. Why does the king punish Buggerless and what is his punishment?
3. How would you best describe the style of the writing in this play?
4. What happens when Pa realizes that the angel is Ma?
5. What does Pa do to get everyone to leave and how do they respond?
6. What are Ma and Pa doing on the deck of the ship?
7. What does Ma want Pa to become and how does Pa feel about this?
8. After the storm what is brought and what does Ma talk about?
9. Who are working together to plan the assassination of the king?
10. Who is with the king in the throne room when Pa runs in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a French scene? How is it used in the play? Do you think that this technique adds or detracts from the play? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What contradictions occurred within the novel? Why do you believe the author included them? Do you believe they were necessary to keep the audience engaged? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is religion made fun of in this play? Do you think the author's satire of religion is done well or poorly? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)