|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
2. What does Pa issue orders for?
3. How does Scene 7 end?
4. What is Buggerless' punishment?
5. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pa tries to ride the horse and how do Ma and Pa react?
2. What suggestion does Manure make to please the peasants and what happens when Pa enacts this suggestion?
3. What reason does the queen give for asking the king to reconsider Buggerless' punishment?
4. What does Buggerless say that it is time for and how do his followers respond?
5. What does Ma show Captain Manure and how does Pa react?
6. Why had the king called Pa to his throne room?
7. What can be said about the language that the characters of this novel use?
8. How does Manure convince Pa to have the feast and distribute the money?
9. What does Pa say to his soldiers when they take refuge from the storm in a cave?
10. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa and how does Pa react to the message?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What contradictions occurred within the novel? Why do you believe the author included them? Do you believe they were necessary to keep the audience engaged? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What type of person is Ma? Would you want her to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Ma would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is it indicated that the main motivation in Pa's life is greed? Is Pa greedier than Ma? Why do you feel this way? Does Pa ever overcome his greediness? Why or why not?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)