|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
2. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
3. Who tries to change the king's mind about Buggerless' punishment?
4. Why does Pa invite everyone to the palace?
5. What does the winner of the race get?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pa call a meeting of his councilors?
2. What does Pa say he will do if the strange noise came from a Russian?
3. What does Ma tell him while she is pretending and how does he respond?
4. What can be said about the language that the characters of this novel use?
5. How would you best describe the style of the writing in this play?
6. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
7. What does Ma say that she and Pa still have to be careful with and what do they owe Manure?
8. What does Ma want Pa to become and how does Pa feel about this?
9. What information does Ma share with the audience in her soliloquy?
10. How do Ma and Pa react to the information in the letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a French scene? How is it used in the play? Do you think that this technique adds or detracts from the play? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use exaggeration in this play? Could this play succeed without exaggeration? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe Pa would ever make a good leader? Why or why not? What about Ma? Why or why not? Of the two of them, which is more prepared to be the leader? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)