|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
2. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
3. Who tries to change the king's mind about Buggerless' punishment?
4. How many sons does the king have?
5. How does Pa react to the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be said about the language that the characters of this novel use?
2. Why does Pa call a meeting of his councilors?
3. What does Ma pretend to be and why?
4. What suggestion does Manure make to please the peasants and what happens when Pa enacts this suggestion?
5. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
6. What does Ma tell him while she is pretending and how does he respond?
7. What does Wenceslas say about Rosamund's concern and how does she and Buggerless respond?
8. What does Pa do after the race is complete and the peasants have taken their gold coin?
9. What reason does the queen give for asking the king to reconsider Buggerless' punishment?
10. What happens once Buggerless and Rosamund arrive at the cavern in the hills?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe Pa would ever make a good leader? Why or why not? What about Ma? Why or why not? Of the two of them, which is more prepared to be the leader? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
What is a soliloquy? What is it used for? How did the author use the soliloquy in this play? Do you think they were appropriate or inappropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What type of person is Pa? Would you want him to be your friend? Why or why not? What type of job do you think Pa would succeed at doing? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)