|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buggerless call Pa?
2. What do the guests complain about?
3. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
4. Where do Rosamond and Buggerless go to hide?
5. Where does Pa meet with King Wenceslas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ma pretend to be and why?
2. Where does Pa go to confront Manure and what does he brag about?
3. Why does the king punish Buggerless and what is his punishment?
4. What information does Ma share with the audience in her soliloquy?
5. What does Pa say he will do if the strange noise came from a Russian?
6. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa and how does Pa react to the message?
7. What does Ma tell him while she is pretending and how does he respond?
8. What happens when the storm comes up?
9. Where do Rosamund and Buggerless watch the parade and what does Buggerless see?
10. What can be said about the language that the characters of this novel use?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on this play, what is the author's opinion on the world and of humanity? What in the play makes you think this way? Do you agree with the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is it indicated that the main motivation in Pa's life is greed? Is Pa greedier than Ma? Why do you feel this way? Does Pa ever overcome his greediness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is a soliloquy? What is it used for? How did the author use the soliloquy in this play? Do you think they were appropriate or inappropriate? Why or why not?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)