|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
2. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
3. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
4. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
5. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Pa is leading the army on a march to Russia what is he complaining about?
2. Why is Rosamund concerned about Wenceslas' safety?
3. What happens when Pa's scout reports that the Russians are nearby?
4. What happens when Pa realizes that the angel is Ma?
5. How does Pa act once the guests start arriving?
6. What are the peasants gossiping about?
7. What does Ma tell him while she is pretending and how does he respond?
8. What does the letter brought to Pa and Ma from the messenger say?
9. What do Ma and Manure think Pa should do know that he has the crown?
10. What does Ma find as she searches for the kingdom's treasure and how does she react?
Essay Topic 1
How does the chaotic writing style used by the author help to make one of the play's key thematic points? Do you agree with this thematic point? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The play was originally preformed as a puppet show. In what ways would this play be better shown as a puppet show? In what ways are human actors better?
Essay Topic 3
What actions do Pa and Ma take which show that they are willing to go to any lengths to secure riches? How do you feel about their actions? Do you believe there are people like that in our present society? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)