|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following isn't something Pa complains about on his march to Russia?
(a) About how he can't afford a carriage.
(b) About Ma's attempt to steal gold.
(c) About his weapons and belongings.
(d) About how tired he is.
2. What does Pa say will happen to the peasants if they do not pay their taxes?
(a) They will be banished.
(b) They will be massacred.
(c) They will go down the chute.
(d) They will become slaves.
3. What does Pa say to the person who comes into the cave?
(a) He tells them that he wants to give up his wife for his own safety.
(b) He tells them that he will surrender.
(c) He tells them to wait until he is finished punishing his wife.
(d) He tells them that everything he did was her fault.
4. What do the men discuss as Pa is sleeping?
(a) Whether Ma can save Pa.
(b) Whether they can turn Pa over to the Russians.
(c) Whether they can join the Russian army.
(d) Whether to desert Pa now or later.
5. What does Pa complain about before he chases Ma away?
(a) How much money he lost.
(b) How Buggerless got away.
(c) How Manure did not keep his promises.
(d) Her constant nagging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa brag about?
2. Who comes into Pa's cave while he is sleeping?
3. Where do Pa and his followers take refuge?
4. What will happen to those that Pa sends down the chute?
5. What happens when the horse is brought for Pa?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)