|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the councilors and Ma laugh at Pa?
(a) He yells at Ma.
(b) He gets confused and mixes up his words.
(c) He falls down and hurts himself.
(d) He storms out of the building.
2. What does Pa say about his speech?
(a) That it was a shame no one was listening.
(b) That it was the best thing he ever said.
(c) That he wishes he could remember it.
(d) That the Czar should have said such a speech.
3. What does Pa insist even though he ran away?
(a) He will be seen as a hero.
(b) He won the battle.
(c) He wasn't afraid.
(d) He has defeated the Russian army.
4. What do the men discuss as Pa is sleeping?
(a) Whether Ma can save Pa.
(b) Whether to desert Pa now or later.
(c) Whether they can turn Pa over to the Russians.
(d) Whether they can join the Russian army.
5. Who appears with the Czar?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pa react to the letter?
2. What will happen to those that Pa sends down the chute?
3. Which of the following is not something Pa dreams about?
4. What does Ma intend to pretend to be?
5. What do Pa and Ma say Buggerless can have?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)