|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
(a) Kill him in revenge.
(b) Overthrow him.
(c) Refuse to pay their taxes.
(d) Reinstate Buggerless as king.
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
(a) He is king.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is cowardly.
3. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
(a) He will become king.
(b) He will finally do something great.
(c) He will prove his love for her.
(d) He will buy her a new house.
4. Why does the king punish Buggerless?
(a) Because he voiced concerns.
(b) Because he wouldn't follow orders.
(c) Because he accused Pa of trying to kill him.
(d) Because he was rude to Pa.
5. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) He has a secret to share with the captain.
(b) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
(c) His wife told him to behave this way.
(d) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma tell Pa about his thoughts?
2. What is Rosamund concerned about?
3. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
4. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
5. How does Pa react to the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Pa goes out to get more food?
2. What do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss and what promise does Pa make to the captain?
3. What does Ma tell him while she is pretending and how does he respond?
4. What do Ma and Manure think Pa should do know that he has the crown?
5. What does the letter brought to Pa and Ma from the messenger say?
6. What does Ma want Pa to become and how does Pa feel about this?
7. Where does Ma search for the kingdom's treasure?
8. What are Ma and Pa doing on the deck of the ship?
9. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa and how does Pa react to the message?
10. What does Pa do to get everyone to leave and how do they respond?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)