|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
(a) Hold auditions where the best will win gold.
(b) Stop handing out gold and save it for himself.
(c) Hold a race to earn a chest full of gold.
(d) Have the people ask for the amount they need.
2. What does Ma think will happen to her?
(a) She will be able to kill him.
(b) She will have money.
(c) She will have to take charge of the situation.
(d) She will be queen.
3. In what way is Pa violent?
4. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
5. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
(a) They continue arguing.
(b) They become friendlier to each other.
(c) They pretend like the do not know each other.
(d) They use more vulgarity though it is in code.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
2. What do the guests complain about?
3. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
4. What happens at the parade?
5. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter brought to Pa and Ma from the messenger say?
2. Why does the king punish Buggerless and what is his punishment?
3. What does Ma say that she and Pa still have to be careful with and what do they owe Manure?
4. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
5. What is Ma's opinion of how the crowd reacts to Pa's throwing of the gold?
6. What does Pa shout as he runs into the throne room and what is he referring to when he shouts it?
7. What does the messenger bring news of and how does Pa respond to the news?
8. What happens when the storm comes up?
9. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
10. What does Pa say about Poland as the play ends?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)