|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
(a) Pa walks away.
(b) Pa loses his temper.
(c) Pa punches Manure in the face.
(d) Pa takes back his offer to make Manure a duke.
2. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
(a) They are being summoned to meet the king.
(b) Manure needs to meet with them in private.
(c) Manure has brought them up on charges.
(d) They are being evicted from their home.
3. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(b) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
(c) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
(d) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
4. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(b) Well-bred and arrogant.
5. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
(a) That he will become a duke.
(b) That he will give him a night with Ma.
(c) That he will pay him handsomely.
(d) That the entire country will be better off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king do for Pa?
2. What does Rosamund indicate her concern is based on?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
4. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
5. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pa say about Poland as the play ends?
2. What reason does the queen give for asking the king to reconsider Buggerless' punishment?
3. What does Ma pretend to be and why?
4. What does the messenger bring news of and how does Pa respond to the news?
5. What happens when Pa goes to the peasants and demand they pay their taxes?
6. What does Wenceslas say about Rosamund's concern and how does she and Buggerless respond?
7. What does Pa say is the reason the men were able to have victory over the bear?
8. What happens as Pa goes out to get more food?
9. As Pa is leading the army on a march to Russia what is he complaining about?
10. What does Pa shout as he runs into the throne room and what is he referring to when he shouts it?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)