|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
(a) Plans to kidnap and release the king.
(b) Plans to assassinate the king.
(c) Plans to ruin the king.
(d) Plans to have Ma meet the king.
2. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
(a) Reinstate Buggerless as king.
(b) Refuse to pay their taxes.
(c) Kill him in revenge.
(d) Overthrow him.
3. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
(a) To buy respect and loyalty.
(b) To ensure Manure is loyal.
(c) To earn more from taxes.
(d) To secure his place as king.
4. What are the people doing that helps to form Ma's opinion of them?
(a) Calling for her husband's head.
(b) Begging for the return of the king.
(c) Fighting over the gold.
(d) Cheering for her husband.
5. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
(b) She will have to find alternate strategies.
(c) She will have to take drastic steps.
(d) She feels that he will never do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
2. Who does Buggerless fight with as Rosamund gets away?
3. What do Ma and Manure want Pa to do with the money?
4. What happens at the parade?
5. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Manure convince Pa to have the feast and distribute the money?
2. Where does Pa go to confront Manure and what does he brag about?
3. What information does Ma share with the audience in her soliloquy?
4. When Ma continues to express concerns and protest Pa's decisions how does he react?
5. What does the messenger bring news of and how does Pa respond to the news?
6. What happens when the storm comes up?
7. Why had the king called Pa to his throne room?
8. What happens as Pa goes out to get more food?
9. What do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss and what promise does Pa make to the captain?
10. What does Ma say that she and Pa still have to be careful with and what do they owe Manure?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)