|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
(b) The unique relationship between characters.
(c) The character's inner thoughts.
(d) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
2. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
(a) He rubs it on their food.
(b) He uses it to pick his teeth.
(c) He throws the brush at the guests.
(d) He puts it in Ma's hair.
3. How does Wenceslas plan on attending the parade?
(a) Without his wife or sons to better protect them.
(b) With his other two sons to protect him.
(c) Without armor or a sword.
(d) Without any soldiers or protection.
4. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
(b) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(c) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
(d) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
5. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(b) Well-bred and arrogant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons does the king have?
2. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
3. How does Pa react to the news?
4. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
5. What happens after Pa gives the signal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Ma and Pa preparing for and what does Pa joke about?
2. What is Ma's opinion of how the crowd reacts to Pa's throwing of the gold?
3. What does Pa do after the race is complete and the peasants have taken their gold coin?
4. What happens when the storm comes up?
5. How does Manure convince Pa to have the feast and distribute the money?
6. What does Ma tell him while she is pretending and how does he respond?
7. What information does Ma share with the audience in her soliloquy?
8. What does Ma show Captain Manure and how does Pa react?
9. Where does Pa go to confront Manure and what does he brag about?
10. What reason does the queen give for asking the king to reconsider Buggerless' punishment?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)