|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To have revenge.
(b) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(c) To never return to the castle.
(d) To kill the king no matter what.
2. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
(a) Manure only.
(b) Ma only.
(c) Old woman and Manure.
(d) He blames the king's sons.
3. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
(a) They use more vulgarity though it is in code.
(b) They pretend like the do not know each other.
(c) They become friendlier to each other.
(d) They continue arguing.
4. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
(a) His need for better clothes.
(b) The type of language he uses.
(c) His lack of appropriate manners.
(d) How bad he smells.
5. What do Ma and Manure want Pa to do with the money?
(a) Hide it so that if he is overthrown they do not lose it.
(b) Pay those that helped him richly.
(c) Divide it among themselves evenly.
(d) Distribute it to the people to celebrate his success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
2. Why does the king punish Buggerless?
3. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
4. How does Pa react to the news?
5. What does Pa allow all of the peasants who did not win the race to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens once Buggerless and Rosamund arrive at the cavern in the hills?
2. As Pa is leading the army on a march to Russia what is he complaining about?
3. What are Ma and Pa doing on the deck of the ship?
4. Why is Rosamund concerned about Wenceslas' safety?
5. How would you best describe the style of the writing in this play?
6. What is Ma's opinion of how the crowd reacts to Pa's throwing of the gold?
7. Where does Ma search for the kingdom's treasure?
8. What reason does the queen give for asking the king to reconsider Buggerless' punishment?
9. What are Ma and Pa preparing for and what does Pa joke about?
10. What information does Ma share with the audience in her soliloquy?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)