|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
(a) Gives a big speech.
(b) Throws money into the crowd.
(c) Promotes Manure to duke.
(d) Orders the people to find the queen and Buggerless.
2. What is Ma's opinion on Pa's love of money?
(a) She finds it disgusting.
(b) She thinks it is his one weakness.
(c) She encourages it.
(d) She shares it.
3. What does Ma think will happen to her?
(a) She will be able to kill him.
(b) She will have money.
(c) She will be queen.
(d) She will have to take charge of the situation.
4. How does Wenceslas plan on attending the parade?
(a) Without any soldiers or protection.
(b) Without his wife or sons to better protect them.
(c) With his other two sons to protect him.
(d) Without armor or a sword.
5. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To have revenge.
(b) To kill the king no matter what.
(c) To never return to the castle.
(d) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa allow all of the peasants who did not win the race to do?
2. What are the people doing that helps to form Ma's opinion of them?
3. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
4. Which of the following characters are the names of the soldiers who are helping with the plan to kill the king?
5. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ma and Pa react to the information in the letter?
2. What does Pa say about Poland as the play ends?
3. What does the messenger bring news of and how does Pa respond to the news?
4. How does the play open?
5. How does Pa act once the guests start arriving?
6. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
7. What happens when Pa goes to the peasants and demand they pay their taxes?
8. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
9. What are Ma and Pa preparing for and what does Pa joke about?
10. What happens when the storm comes up?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)