|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
(a) Move all of the riches from the castle.
(b) Promote Manure to duke.
(c) Kill the rest of the people loyal to the king.
(d) Have a feast.
2. Which of the is a synonym for epithet?
(b) Tombstone phrase.
3. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
(a) All of the children should be present at such an event.
(b) Pa is indeed a vulgar man and deserved what he got.
(c) It is not fair to punish the boy by missing the parade.
(d) The king needs as many loyal people as possible near him.
4. What is Ma's opinion on Pa's love of money?
(a) She finds it disgusting.
(b) She encourages it.
(c) She shares it.
(d) She thinks it is his one weakness.
5. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(b) Talk louder.
(c) Make fun of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
2. How does Pa react to the news?
3. What does Rosamund indicate her concern is based on?
4. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
5. Whose idea does Pa say it is to throw money into the crowd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pa do to get everyone to leave and how do they respond?
2. How does Pa act once the guests start arriving?
3. What happens when Pa tries to ride the horse and how do Ma and Pa react?
4. What does Pa say about Poland as the play ends?
5. What does Ma pretend to be and why?
6. Why does the king punish Buggerless and what is his punishment?
7. As Pa is leading the army on a march to Russia what is he complaining about?
8. Why is Rosamund concerned about Wenceslas' safety?
9. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
10. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)