|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does the king have?
2. Who does Buggerless fight with as Rosamund gets away?
3. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
(a) How disgusting the food looks like.
(b) How ugly Ma is.
(c) How worthless Ma is.
(d) How Ma can do nothing right.
4. How does Buggerless respond to the punishment?
(a) He says he doesn't have to listen to his father.
(b) He says that he will do whatever he wants.
(c) He says he'll do as he is told.
(d) He says that he will kill Pa.
5. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
(a) Comedy with exaggeration and foolishness.
(b) A drama with death and violence.
(c) Comedy without hope.
(d) A drama which occurs through a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king do for Pa?
2. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
3. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
4. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
5. Where does Pa meet with King Wenceslas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Ma share with the audience in her soliloquy?
2. What does Buggerless say that it is time for and how do his followers respond?
3. How would you best describe the style of the writing in this play?
4. Where does Ma search for the kingdom's treasure?
5. Where do Rosamund and Buggerless watch the parade and what does Buggerless see?
6. What does Ma pretend to be and why?
7. What does Pa say is the reason the men were able to have victory over the bear?
8. Why had the king called Pa to his throne room?
9. Who are the two main characters and what are they discussing as the play opens?
10. What happens when the storm comes up?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)