|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
(a) Make a plan and stick to it.
(b) Run for president of England.
(c) Murder King Wenceslas.
(d) Get a new job in Poland.
2. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
(a) Refuse to pay their taxes.
(b) Reinstate Buggerless as king.
(c) Overthrow him.
(d) Kill him in revenge.
3. What are the people doing that helps to form Ma's opinion of them?
(a) Calling for her husband's head.
(b) Fighting over the gold.
(c) Cheering for her husband.
(d) Begging for the return of the king.
4. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
(a) Pa runs away.
(b) Manure steps between the men.
(c) Pa kills Buggerless.
(d) Rosamund protects her son.
5. What does Rosamund indicate her concern is based on?
(a) Her gut feelings.
(b) A dream.
(c) The fortuneteller's words.
(d) The prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
2. Whose idea does Pa say it is to throw money into the crowd?
3. These two scenes are more of a what and less of a parody?
4. What does the king do for Pa?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rosamund concerned about Wenceslas' safety?
2. After the storm what is brought and what does Ma talk about?
3. How does Manure convince Pa to have the feast and distribute the money?
4. What does Pa say about Poland as the play ends?
5. Where do Rosamund and Buggerless watch the parade and what does Buggerless see?
6. What does Pa do after the race is complete and the peasants have taken their gold coin?
7. What does Pa shout as he runs into the throne room and what is he referring to when he shouts it?
8. What suggestion does Manure make to please the peasants and what happens when Pa enacts this suggestion?
9. What does Ma find as she searches for the kingdom's treasure and how does she react?
10. What does Buggerless say that it is time for and how do his followers respond?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)