|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
(a) Pa loses his temper.
(b) Pa punches Manure in the face.
(c) Pa walks away.
(d) Pa takes back his offer to make Manure a duke.
2. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(b) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(c) When the play stops between acts.
(d) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
3. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
(a) They are being evicted from their home.
(b) Manure has brought them up on charges.
(c) They are being summoned to meet the king.
(d) Manure needs to meet with them in private.
4. What is the character Pa defined by?
(a) His love of the people.
(b) His loyalty to others.
(c) His desire for money.
(d) His willingness to be a follower.
5. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
(a) She is manipulative.
(b) She cannot act this way herself.
(c) She is looking out for his best interests.
(d) She wants him to go to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
2. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
3. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
4. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
5. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ma and Manure think Pa should do know that he has the crown?
2. Why is Rosamund concerned about Wenceslas' safety?
3. Who are the two main characters and what are they discussing as the play opens?
4. What is Pa doing as Ma comes into the cave and what is he saying?
5. Who are working together to plan the assassination of the king?
6. What are Ma and Pa doing on the deck of the ship?
7. Why does the king punish Buggerless and what is his punishment?
8. As Pa is leading the army on a march to Russia what is he complaining about?
9. What can be said about the language that the characters of this novel use?
10. What suggestion does Manure make to please the peasants and what happens when Pa enacts this suggestion?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)