|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scene 7 end?
(a) With Bugglerless making plans.
(b) Rosamund praying.
(c) With a party.
(d) With Manure planning to kill Pa.
2. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
(a) Reinstate Buggerless as king.
(b) Kill him in revenge.
(c) Overthrow him.
(d) Refuse to pay their taxes.
3. What does the winner of the race get?
(a) A place in the kingdom.
(b) A position of trust.
(c) A home in the palace.
(d) A chest of gold.
4. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
(a) The king is going to kill him.
(b) The king has discovered their plot.
(c) Manure told the king of their discussion.
(d) That he and ma are going to be killed.
5. What happened in Rosamund's dream?
(a) She saw the king dead and the crown given to Pa Ubu.
(b) She saw Pa Ubu killing the king.
(c) She saw everyone at the parade turning on the king.
(d) She saw Buggerless killing is father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ma's opinion of the people who are receiving the money?
2. How does Pa react to the news?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
4. What does Pa issue orders for?
5. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play open?
2. Why had the king called Pa to his throne room?
3. What happens when Pa tries to ride the horse and how do Ma and Pa react?
4. What does Ma pretend to be and why?
5. What are the peasants gossiping about?
6. What is the Polish army singing about and what does the sergeant drill them about?
7. When Ma continues to express concerns and protest Pa's decisions how does he react?
8. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa and how does Pa react to the message?
9. What happens when the storm comes up?
10. Why does Pa call a meeting of his councilors?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)