|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
(a) That he must tell the king what Pa is planning.
(b) That Pa can count on both Manure and his men.
(c) That he finds it interesting, but he needs more than being a duke.
(d) That Pa doesn't know what he is doing.
2. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
(a) Have the people ask for the amount they need.
(b) Hold a race to earn a chest full of gold.
(c) Hold auditions where the best will win gold.
(d) Stop handing out gold and save it for himself.
3. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
(a) Comedy without hope.
(b) Comedy with exaggeration and foolishness.
(c) A drama with death and violence.
(d) A drama which occurs through a dream.
4. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(a) Well-bred and arrogant.
5. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
(a) A ball at night.
(b) A party at the castle.
(c) A military parade.
(d) A reception in his honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the is a synonym for epithet?
2. What does Buggerless do right after he witnesses the attack?
3. What is the character Pa defined by?
4. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
5. How does Wenceslas plan on attending the parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ma want Pa to become and how does Pa feel about this?
2. What are Ma and Pa doing on the deck of the ship?
3. What are Ma and Pa preparing for and what does Pa joke about?
4. Who are the two main characters and what are they discussing as the play opens?
5. Why does Pa call a meeting of his councilors?
6. What are the peasants gossiping about?
7. What does Ma say that she and Pa still have to be careful with and what do they owe Manure?
8. What does the letter brought to Pa and Ma from the messenger say?
9. What is Ma's opinion of how the crowd reacts to Pa's throwing of the gold?
10. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)