|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king do for Pa?
(a) Makes him an offer of more land.
(b) Makes him a member of the court.
(c) Makes him a duke.
(d) Makes him a count.
2. What does Ma tell Pa about his thoughts?
(a) She says he blew their plans.
(b) She says he should relax.
(c) She says he is stupid.
(d) She says that the king knows of their plan.
3. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
(a) She wants him to go to jail.
(b) She is manipulative.
(c) She cannot act this way herself.
(d) She is looking out for his best interests.
4. How does Ma react to the exchange?
(a) She agrees with Manure and flees from Pa.
(b) She tries to calm Pa down.
(c) She verbally attacks Manure herself.
(d) She pushes Manure out of the door.
5. Why does the king punish Buggerless?
(a) Because he accused Pa of trying to kill him.
(b) Because he voiced concerns.
(c) Because he wouldn't follow orders.
(d) Because he was rude to Pa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
2. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
3. What does Ma think will happen to her?
4. What does Pa do when no one leaves after he completes the first attempt?
5. How does Pa react to the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play open?
2. What does Pa have to say about Manure and how does Ma respond?
3. What happens when Pa realizes that the angel is Ma?
4. What is Ma's opinion of how the crowd reacts to Pa's throwing of the gold?
5. What happens when Pa goes to the peasants and demand they pay their taxes?
6. What does Pa say he will do if the strange noise came from a Russian?
7. What suggestion does Manure make to please the peasants and what happens when Pa enacts this suggestion?
8. What can be said about the language that the characters of this novel use?
9. What does Ma pretend to be and why?
10. What are Ma and Pa doing on the deck of the ship?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)