|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) Relationships are the meaning of life.
(b) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(c) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
(d) Life and relationships are chaotic.
2. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
(a) It is not fair to punish the boy by missing the parade.
(b) Pa is indeed a vulgar man and deserved what he got.
(c) The king needs as many loyal people as possible near him.
(d) All of the children should be present at such an event.
3. What is Rosamund concerned about?
(a) Wenceslas' safety.
(b) What will happen in the parade.
(c) The king and Buggerless's relationship.
(d) Her son's well being.
4. When the king says that he has complete trust in Pa Ubu, how do Rosamund and Buggerless respond?
(a) They say he is too mean hearted.
(b) They say he is hard headed.
(c) They say he is being foolish.
(d) They say he is too trusting.
5. What does Pa return with?
(a) An unmentionable brush.
(b) His favorite green candle.
(c) A special cake for Captain Manure.
(d) Another dish Ma made.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
2. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
3. What do Ma and Manure want Pa to do with the money?
4. What happens when Rosamund tells Buggerless that she feels much safer?
5. How does Pa react to the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pa tries to ride the horse and how do Ma and Pa react?
2. What happens as Pa goes out to get more food?
3. Why does the king punish Buggerless and what is his punishment?
4. What are Ma and Pa preparing for and what does Pa joke about?
5. What reason does the queen give for asking the king to reconsider Buggerless' punishment?
6. How do Ma and Pa react to the information in the letter?
7. What does Pa do after the race is complete and the peasants have taken their gold coin?
8. What does Pa say is the reason the men were able to have victory over the bear?
9. Why does Pa call a meeting of his councilors?
10. What does the messenger bring news of and how does Pa respond to the news?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)