|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
(a) He is cowardly.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is king.
(d) He is happy.
2. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
(a) Promote Manure to duke.
(b) Move all of the riches from the castle.
(c) Have a feast.
(d) Kill the rest of the people loyal to the king.
3. What do the guests complain about?
(a) How bad the food is.
(b) How often this happens at their house.
(c) How bizarre his behavior is.
(d) How bad a host he is.
4. Where does Pa meet with King Wenceslas?
(a) In the garden.
(b) Throne room.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) At his dinner table.
5. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
(a) A party at the castle.
(b) A reception in his honor.
(c) A ball at night.
(d) A military parade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
2. Who tries to change the king's mind about Buggerless' punishment?
3. How many sons does the king have?
4. What happens after Pa gives the signal?
5. What happens at the parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pa say about Poland as the play ends?
2. What happens once Buggerless and Rosamund arrive at the cavern in the hills?
3. Why does the king punish Buggerless and what is his punishment?
4. What does Ma want Pa to become and how does Pa feel about this?
5. What does Ma tell him while she is pretending and how does he respond?
6. What happens when Ma tells Pa that the new tax on marriages isn't making money?
7. How does the play open?
8. What debate do the soldiers have about Pa and what is their final decision?
9. What does Ma show Captain Manure and how does Pa react?
10. What does Ma say that she and Pa still have to be careful with and what do they owe Manure?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)