|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
(a) Stop handing out gold and save it for himself.
(b) Hold a race to earn a chest full of gold.
(c) Have the people ask for the amount they need.
(d) Hold auditions where the best will win gold.
2. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She will have to find alternate strategies.
(b) She feels that he will never do it.
(c) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
(d) She will have to take drastic steps.
3. What does Pa return with?
(a) An unmentionable brush.
(b) A special cake for Captain Manure.
(c) Another dish Ma made.
(d) His favorite green candle.
4. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
(a) To secure his place as king.
(b) To buy respect and loyalty.
(c) To ensure Manure is loyal.
(d) To earn more from taxes.
5. What does Pa issue orders for?
(a) Huge feast and gifts of money.
(b) Changes in the palace guards.
(c) A new set of soldiers.
(d) Presents for his wife and those that helped her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
2. What does Buggerless do right after he witnesses the attack?
3. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
4. What does Pa do when no one leaves after he completes the first attempt?
5. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pa call a meeting of his councilors?
2. What are the peasants gossiping about?
3. As Pa is leading the army on a march to Russia what is he complaining about?
4. What happens when Ma tells Pa that the new tax on marriages isn't making money?
5. Who are the two main characters and what are they discussing as the play opens?
6. What happens when Pa goes to the peasants and demand they pay their taxes?
7. What reason does the queen give for asking the king to reconsider Buggerless' punishment?
8. What does Pa do to get everyone to leave and how do they respond?
9. How does Pa react to the king's offer and what does he give the king?
10. How does Pa act once the guests start arriving?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)