|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
(a) Plans to have Ma meet the king.
(b) Plans to assassinate the king.
(c) Plans to kidnap and release the king.
(d) Plans to ruin the king.
2. When the king says that he has complete trust in Pa Ubu, how do Rosamund and Buggerless respond?
(a) They say he is too trusting.
(b) They say he is being foolish.
(c) They say he is too mean hearted.
(d) They say he is hard headed.
3. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To kill the king no matter what.
(b) To have revenge.
(c) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(d) To never return to the castle.
4. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) The character's inner thoughts.
(b) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
(c) The unique relationship between characters.
(d) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
5. Where do Rosamond and Buggerless go to hide?
(a) Cavern in the hills.
(b) Hut in the village.
(c) Nearby kingdom.
(d) To a building near the cemetary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
2. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
3. Why does the king punish Buggerless?
4. What does Ma tell Pa about his thoughts?
5. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pa say is the reason the men were able to have victory over the bear?
2. Where does Ma search for the kingdom's treasure?
3. What does the letter brought to Pa and Ma from the messenger say?
4. What does the messenger bring news of and how does Pa respond to the news?
5. How does Pa act once the guests start arriving?
6. What happens when Pa tries to ride the horse and how do Ma and Pa react?
7. Who is with the king in the throne room when Pa runs in?
8. What happens when Ma tells Pa that the new tax on marriages isn't making money?
9. What information does Ma share with the audience in her soliloquy?
10. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)