|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma intend to pretend to be?
2. What does Pa say will happen to the peasants if they do not pay their taxes?
(a) They will go down the chute.
(b) They will be massacred.
(c) They will be banished.
(d) They will become slaves.
3. Where does Ma start her search for the kingdom's treasure?
(a) In the dungeon of the palace.
(b) Near the cave where Buggerless is hiding.
(c) Under the fianciers huts.
(d) Crypt where all the kings are buried.
4. Why does Pa believe he is feeling ill?
(a) He ate too much.
(b) He regrets what he did.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He doesn't know why.
5. How much does Pa order he will now receive from the profits of the taxes?
(a) Three fourths.
(c) All of it.
(d) One fourth.
6. What does Pa say just before he leaves?
(a) Ma is in charge.
(b) To collect more money.
(c) To protect the palace.
(d) He loves Ma.
7. What does say that Pa and Ma owe to Manure?
(a) Handsome reward.
(b) Debt of gratitude.
(c) A place of honor in the kingdom.
(d) A kingdom of his own.
8. What does Pa do in regard to the judges?
(a) Tells them who to set free.
(b) Tells them to pay him money.
(c) Tells them how they are to run their courts.
(d) Tells them they are all fired.
9. Who does Ma fight in the cave?
10. What does Pa complain about before he chases Ma away?
(a) How Buggerless got away.
(b) Her constant nagging.
(c) How Manure did not keep his promises.
(d) How much money he lost.
11. What is the song that the Polish army is singing about?
(a) How to march in straight lines.
(b) The desire to work for Manure.
(c) How many buttons on their uniform.
(d) Pa's insanity.
12. What does Ma want Pa to forgive her for?
(a) Sneaking up while he is sleeping.
(b) Leaving the palace.
(c) Stealing his money.
(d) Letting Manure escape.
13. What does Ma say will happen to him if he doesn't live up to his promises?
(a) Manure will steal the throne.
(b) She will leave him.
(c) He will be killed.
(d) He will face the anger of the people.
14. What will happen to those that Pa sends down the chute?
(a) They will be brainwashed.
(b) They will become peasants.
(c) They will be killed.
(d) They will be de-brained.
15. How does Pa speak about Manure?
(a) With awe.
(b) With high regards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma berate Pa for in Scene 8?
2. What tax does Ma indicate isn't making any money?
3. Who does Pa call to his council chambers?
4. How does Ma feel when she finds the gold?
5. What news does the messenger bring to Pa?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)