|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Ma to run off?
(a) She sees a ghost of a former king.
(b) She hears Pa's voice.
(c) She hears a strange sound.
(d) She sees Buggerless approaching.
2. What does Pa say to the person who comes into the cave?
(a) He tells them that everything he did was her fault.
(b) He tells them that he will surrender.
(c) He tells them that he wants to give up his wife for his own safety.
(d) He tells them to wait until he is finished punishing his wife.
3. How does Ma feel when she finds the gold?
4. What do the men discuss as Pa is sleeping?
(a) Whether to desert Pa now or later.
(b) Whether they can join the Russian army.
(c) Whether Ma can save Pa.
(d) Whether they can turn Pa over to the Russians.
5. How do Ma and Pa escape?
(a) Pa swings the bear's body and knocks people to the ground.
(b) Buggerless trips and falls to the ground.
(c) Ma begs for mercy.
(d) Pa kills Buggerless and everyone else runs away.
6. Who comes into the cave while Pa is punishing Ma?
(d) The angel.
7. What do the men want to do with the bear?
(a) Cook it and eat it.
(b) Put it at the front of the cave to scare off others.
(c) Skin it as a trophy.
(d) Use it as bait.
8. What does Pa say will happen to the peasants if they do not pay their taxes?
(a) They will go down the chute.
(b) They will be banished.
(c) They will be massacred.
(d) They will become slaves.
9. Who protests Pa's decision on the tax profits?
(d) Tax collectors.
10. How does Pa react to the letter?
(a) With anger.
(b) With a sense of urgency.
(c) With false bravado.
(d) With terror.
11. What tax does Ma indicate isn't making any money?
12. What do Pa and his followers say as they run away from the Czar?
(a) The Czar must surrender.
(b) It is every man for himself.
(c) They have been successful.
(d) They will be back.
13. What does Pa insist even though he ran away?
(a) He won the battle.
(b) He has defeated the Russian army.
(c) He wasn't afraid.
(d) He will be seen as a hero.
14. How does Pa speak about Manure?
(a) With awe.
(c) With high regards.
15. Who is the letter from that comes by messenger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma want Pa to forgive her for?
2. What does Pa say just before he leaves?
3. Where was Ma forced to go?
4. What does Ma berate Pa for in Scene 8?
5. What is the song that the Polish army is singing about?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)