|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pa and his followers say as they run away from the Czar?
(a) It is every man for himself.
(b) The Czar must surrender.
(c) They have been successful.
(d) They will be back.
2. What does Ma tell Pa that his only action is?
(a) To declare war on Russia.
(b) To build a fortress.
(c) To go into hiding.
(d) To send an assassin for Mannure.
3. How does Ma suggest Pa win over Buggerless?
(a) With a strong hand.
(b) With bribes.
(c) With generousity.
(d) With lies.
4. How does Pa react to the message?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He asks for advice as to what to do next.
(c) He immediately turns around to help her.
(d) He tells the messenger he's lying.
5. What does Ma tell him is the only thing he can do to receive forgiveness?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Forgive his wife.
(c) Leave Poland.
(d) Stop killing people.
6. What happens to the Czar as they reach the trench?
(a) He calls for more support.
(b) He falls into it.
(c) He waits to see what Pa does.
(d) He jumps over it.
7. Who does Pa call to his council chambers?
(a) Loyal followers.
8. Where does Ma start her search for the kingdom's treasure?
(a) In the dungeon of the palace.
(b) Crypt where all the kings are buried.
(c) Near the cave where Buggerless is hiding.
(d) Under the fianciers huts.
9. Who appears unexpectedly at Buggerless' rally?
(c) A messenger.
10. How does Pa react to the letter?
(a) With a sense of urgency.
(b) With terror.
(c) With anger.
(d) With false bravado.
11. Which of the following is not one of the joys talked about of being king?
(a) Having lots of food.
(b) Fighting Russians.
(c) Killing people.
(d) Collecting taxes.
12. What does Pa complain about before he chases Ma away?
(a) How Manure did not keep his promises.
(b) How much money he lost.
(c) How Buggerless got away.
(d) Her constant nagging.
13. What news does the messenger bring to Pa?
(a) News about Pa's followers.
(b) News about Ma's stealing of the gold.
(c) News about Manure's location.
(d) News about Buggerless' rebellion.
14. Why does Pa order lunch to be served?
(a) He says that a full stomach will protect them.
(b) He says that the Russians never fight at midday.
(c) He says that he is too scared to fight right now.
(d) He says that he must eat before a battle.
15. Why makes Pa stop his mourning for one of his soldiers killed by the Russians?
(a) He is suddenly hungry.
(b) He hears a noise.
(c) He runs out of things to day.
(d) The others demand he stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ma fight in the cave?
2. Who protests Pa's decision on the tax profits?
3. What does Pa do to Ma as it becomes light outside?
4. Where do Pa and his followers take refuge?
5. Why did Pa take the account books with him to battle?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)