|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma have to do to get Pa to pay attention to him?
(a) She has to threaten him.
(b) She has to swear at him.
(c) She has to give him money.
(d) She has to kick him.
2. What do the men want to do with the bear?
(a) Use it as bait.
(b) Put it at the front of the cave to scare off others.
(c) Cook it and eat it.
(d) Skin it as a trophy.
3. What does Pa do to Ma as it becomes light outside?
(a) He smacks her across the face.
(b) He asks her where the money is.
(c) He throws the body of the bear on her.
(d) He tells her he is going to give her to the Russians.
4. What does Manure say he will do when he returns?
(a) Restore the kingdom to Buggerless.
(b) Take Ma away from Pa.
(c) Remove Pa from the throne.
(d) Take up the fight of the peasants.
5. What does Pa say to the person who comes into the cave?
(a) He tells them that he will surrender.
(b) He tells them that he wants to give up his wife for his own safety.
(c) He tells them to wait until he is finished punishing his wife.
(d) He tells them that everything he did was her fault.
6. What does Pa do while his men are fighting the bear?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He prays.
(c) He cowers in the corner.
(d) He helps to fight off the bear.
7. How does Pa speak about Manure?
(b) With awe.
(d) With high regards.
8. What does Buggerless tell his followers?
(a) He needs more money.
(b) He must hunt down Pa.
(c) It is time to reclaim the country.
(d) He has to travel to Russia.
9. How much does Pa order he will now receive from the profits of the taxes?
(a) Three fourths.
(b) One fourth.
(d) All of it.
10. What does Pa mistakenly call the bear?
(a) A cow.
(b) A dog.
(c) A deer.
(d) A horse.
11. What are the peasants talking about when they hear Pa approaching?
(a) Who will pay their taxes.
(b) How to reinstate Buggerless.
(c) How much they hate him.
(d) Who will kill Pa.
12. What is the song that the Polish army is singing about?
(a) The desire to work for Manure.
(b) How many buttons on their uniform.
(c) How to march in straight lines.
(d) Pa's insanity.
13. What does Pa insist even though he ran away?
(a) He won the battle.
(b) He wasn't afraid.
(c) He will be seen as a hero.
(d) He has defeated the Russian army.
14. What does Ma want Pa to forgive her for?
(a) Letting Manure escape.
(b) Sneaking up while he is sleeping.
(c) Leaving the palace.
(d) Stealing his money.
15. What do the men discuss as Pa is sleeping?
(a) Whether they can join the Russian army.
(b) Whether Ma can save Pa.
(c) Whether to desert Pa now or later.
(d) Whether they can turn Pa over to the Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma tell Pa that his only action is?
2. What do the men say to Pa which shows they are finally rebelling?
3. Which of the following is not one of the joys talked about of being king?
4. What do Pa and Ma say Buggerless can have?
5. What does Pa credit for the victory over the bear?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)