|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa insist even though he ran away?
(a) He will be seen as a hero.
(b) He has defeated the Russian army.
(c) He wasn't afraid.
(d) He won the battle.
2. What do Pa and Ma say Buggerless can have?
(a) The crown.
(b) The bear.
(c) The land.
(d) The money.
3. What happens to the Czar as they reach the trench?
(a) He jumps over it.
(b) He falls into it.
(c) He waits to see what Pa does.
(d) He calls for more support.
4. What happens to the judges when they refuse?
(a) Pa bribes them until they agree.
(b) Pa ignores them and stops the court system.
(c) Pa sends them down the chute.
(d) Pa has them banished.
5. What does Pa say about his speech?
(a) That he wishes he could remember it.
(b) That it was the best thing he ever said.
(c) That it was a shame no one was listening.
(d) That the Czar should have said such a speech.
6. Who does Pa call to his council chambers?
(c) Loyal followers.
7. What does Pa say to the person who comes into the cave?
(a) He tells them that he wants to give up his wife for his own safety.
(b) He tells them that everything he did was her fault.
(c) He tells them that he will surrender.
(d) He tells them to wait until he is finished punishing his wife.
8. What does Pa plan to control beyond the finances?
(c) Other kingdoms.
9. What does Pa say just before he leaves?
(a) To collect more money.
(b) He loves Ma.
(c) To protect the palace.
(d) Ma is in charge.
10. What happens when the horse is brought for Pa?
(a) He keeps falling off of it.
(b) He refuses to ride it because someone elses isbigger.
(c) It is not big enough to support his weight.
(d) The horse refuses to let Pa touch him.
11. What is always Pa's first reaction in battle?
(b) Tearing the person apart.
12. How does Ma suggest Pa win over Buggerless?
(a) With generousity.
(b) With lies.
(c) With bribes.
(d) With a strong hand.
13. Why does Pa order lunch to be served?
(a) He says that he must eat before a battle.
(b) He says that he is too scared to fight right now.
(c) He says that the Russians never fight at midday.
(d) He says that a full stomach will protect them.
14. What does Manure say he will do when he returns?
(a) Take up the fight of the peasants.
(b) Restore the kingdom to Buggerless.
(c) Take Ma away from Pa.
(d) Remove Pa from the throne.
15. What does Pa do to Ma as it becomes light outside?
(a) He smacks her across the face.
(b) He tells her he is going to give her to the Russians.
(c) He asks her where the money is.
(d) He throws the body of the bear on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pa react to the message?
2. What causes Ma to run off?
3. Why do the councilors and Ma laugh at Pa?
4. What does Pa do while his men are fighting the bear?
5. What do the men say to Pa which shows they are finally rebelling?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)