|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tax does Ma indicate isn't making any money?
2. What does Ma berate Pa for in Scene 8?
(a) Being a coward.
(b) Having a poorly trained army.
(c) Not spending more money.
(d) For not knowing how to put on his armor.
3. Where was Ma forced to go?
(a) To look for Pa.
(b) Back to her home.
(c) To Russia.
(d) Into the hills.
4. What does Pa plan to control beyond the finances?
(b) Other kingdoms.
5. Which of the following is not one of the joys talked about of being king?
(a) Collecting taxes.
(b) Fighting Russians.
(c) Having lots of food.
(d) Killing people.
6. Where do Pa and his followers take refuge?
(a) In the Czar's castle.
(b) In a trench.
(c) In a pub.
(d) In a cave.
7. What does Pa insist even though he ran away?
(a) He will be seen as a hero.
(b) He wasn't afraid.
(c) He has defeated the Russian army.
(d) He won the battle.
8. How do Ma and Pa escape?
(a) Pa kills Buggerless and everyone else runs away.
(b) Pa swings the bear's body and knocks people to the ground.
(c) Buggerless trips and falls to the ground.
(d) Ma begs for mercy.
9. How can the peasants tell when Pa is drawing near?
(a) They see him walking in.
(b) They have set up a warning system.
(c) They hear him swearing.
(d) They can smell him.
10. What does Pa do in regard to the judges?
(a) Tells them to pay him money.
(b) Tells them who to set free.
(c) Tells them how they are to run their courts.
(d) Tells them they are all fired.
11. What does Ma want Pa to forgive her for?
(a) Letting Manure escape.
(b) Stealing his money.
(c) Sneaking up while he is sleeping.
(d) Leaving the palace.
12. What is the song that the Polish army is singing about?
(a) How many buttons on their uniform.
(b) The desire to work for Manure.
(c) How to march in straight lines.
(d) Pa's insanity.
13. What happens to the Czar as they reach the trench?
(a) He waits to see what Pa does.
(b) He falls into it.
(c) He jumps over it.
(d) He calls for more support.
14. What does Pa credit for the victory over the bear?
(a) His prayers.
(b) His personal appearance.
(c) His men's bravery.
(d) His ability to fight.
15. What do the men want to do with the bear?
(a) Put it at the front of the cave to scare off others.
(b) Cook it and eat it.
(c) Use it as bait.
(d) Skin it as a trophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the councilors and Ma laugh at Pa?
2. What does Ma tell him is the only thing he can do to receive forgiveness?
3. How does Pa speak about Manure?
4. What does Ma tell Pa to make sure to do?
5. Why did Pa take the account books with him to battle?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)