|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pa and his followers say as they run away from the Czar?
(a) They have been successful.
(b) They will be back.
(c) The Czar must surrender.
(d) It is every man for himself.
2. What does Pa plan to control beyond the finances?
(c) Other kingdoms.
3. How does Pa respond to the laughter?
(a) He hits Ma in the mouth.
(b) He storms out of the room.
(c) He sends them all down the chute.
(d) He tells them to shut their mouth.
4. Why makes Pa stop his mourning for one of his soldiers killed by the Russians?
(a) He is suddenly hungry.
(b) The others demand he stop.
(c) He runs out of things to day.
(d) He hears a noise.
5. What happens to the Czar as they reach the trench?
(a) He falls into it.
(b) He calls for more support.
(c) He waits to see what Pa does.
(d) He jumps over it.
6. What does Pa say is the only reason he killed the king?
(a) Ma made him.
(b) He needed to escape.
(c) He likes killing people.
(d) He wanted riches.
7. Who do Pa and Ma Ubu greet in the palace throne room?
(d) Family members.
8. What does Ma want Pa to forgive her for?
(a) Sneaking up while he is sleeping.
(b) Letting Manure escape.
(c) Leaving the palace.
(d) Stealing his money.
9. Who comes into Pa's cave while he is sleeping?
10. Which of the following is not something Pa does as he attacks the Czar?
(a) Calls him names.
(b) Becomes angry.
(c) Shows fear.
(d) Apologies for being disrespectful.
11. Why do the councilors and Ma laugh at Pa?
(a) He gets confused and mixes up his words.
(b) He storms out of the building.
(c) He yells at Ma.
(d) He falls down and hurts himself.
12. Who comes into the cave while Pa is punishing Ma?
(a) The angel.
13. What does Pa do while his men are fighting the bear?
(a) He prays.
(b) He cowers in the corner.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He helps to fight off the bear.
14. What does Pa mistakenly call the bear?
(a) A deer.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
15. What news does the messenger bring to Pa?
(a) News about Ma's stealing of the gold.
(b) News about Pa's followers.
(c) News about Buggerless' rebellion.
(d) News about Manure's location.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ma start her search for the kingdom's treasure?
2. What does Manure say he will do when he returns?
3. What do the men say to Pa which shows they are finally rebelling?
4. Which of the following isn't something Pa complains about on his march to Russia?
5. How does Pa react to the message?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)