|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Ma to run off?
(a) She sees Buggerless approaching.
(b) She hears Pa's voice.
(c) She sees a ghost of a former king.
(d) She hears a strange sound.
2. What happens to the Czar as they reach the trench?
(a) He jumps over it.
(b) He waits to see what Pa does.
(c) He falls into it.
(d) He calls for more support.
3. What does Pa credit for the victory over the bear?
(a) His men's bravery.
(b) His prayers.
(c) His personal appearance.
(d) His ability to fight.
4. What is the gold she finds mixed with?
(c) Other metals.
5. What does Pa mistakenly call the bear?
(a) A deer.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cow.
6. What does Pa say about his speech?
(a) That the Czar should have said such a speech.
(b) That it was a shame no one was listening.
(c) That it was the best thing he ever said.
(d) That he wishes he could remember it.
7. What does Ma want Pa to forgive her for?
(a) Stealing his money.
(b) Letting Manure escape.
(c) Leaving the palace.
(d) Sneaking up while he is sleeping.
8. What does Pa plan to control beyond the finances?
(b) Other kingdoms.
9. What does Ma intend to pretend to be?
10. What does Ma tell Pa that his only action is?
(a) To go into hiding.
(b) To send an assassin for Mannure.
(c) To build a fortress.
(d) To declare war on Russia.
11. What are the peasants talking about when they hear Pa approaching?
(a) How much they hate him.
(b) Who will pay their taxes.
(c) How to reinstate Buggerless.
(d) Who will kill Pa.
12. What do Pa and his followers say as they run away from the Czar?
(a) They have been successful.
(b) They will be back.
(c) It is every man for himself.
(d) The Czar must surrender.
13. How does Pa respond to the laughter?
(a) He tells them to shut their mouth.
(b) He hits Ma in the mouth.
(c) He storms out of the room.
(d) He sends them all down the chute.
14. What does Pa complain about before he chases Ma away?
(a) Her constant nagging.
(b) How much money he lost.
(c) How Manure did not keep his promises.
(d) How Buggerless got away.
15. Where was Ma forced to go?
(a) Into the hills.
(b) Back to her home.
(c) To look for Pa.
(d) To Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears unexpectedly at Buggerless' rally?
2. What does say that Pa and Ma owe to Manure?
3. What does Pa say is the only reason he killed the king?
4. What does Pa do while his men are fighting the bear?
5. Who does Pa call to his council chambers?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)