|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who beats the Czar?
2. What does Pa say to the person who comes into the cave?
(a) He tells them that he wants to give up his wife for his own safety.
(b) He tells them that everything he did was her fault.
(c) He tells them to wait until he is finished punishing his wife.
(d) He tells them that he will surrender.
3. What is the gold she finds mixed with?
(b) Other metals.
4. What do Pa and his followers say as they run away from the Czar?
(a) They will be back.
(b) They have been successful.
(c) The Czar must surrender.
(d) It is every man for himself.
5. Which of the following is not something Pa does as he attacks the Czar?
(a) Shows fear.
(b) Apologies for being disrespectful.
(c) Becomes angry.
(d) Calls him names.
6. What does Ma berate Pa for in Scene 8?
(a) Having a poorly trained army.
(b) Not spending more money.
(c) For not knowing how to put on his armor.
(d) Being a coward.
7. How does Ma respond to Pa's plans?
(a) She calls him an idiot.
(b) She steals money from him.
(c) She looks for Manure to help her.
(d) She leaves him.
8. What is always Pa's first reaction in battle?
(a) Tearing the person apart.
9. What does Pa do in regard to the judges?
(a) Tells them to pay him money.
(b) Tells them how they are to run their courts.
(c) Tells them they are all fired.
(d) Tells them who to set free.
10. What does Ma tell Pa that his only action is?
(a) To go into hiding.
(b) To send an assassin for Mannure.
(c) To build a fortress.
(d) To declare war on Russia.
11. Who protests Pa's decision on the tax profits?
(c) Tax collectors.
12. Why do the councilors and Ma laugh at Pa?
(a) He gets confused and mixes up his words.
(b) He yells at Ma.
(c) He falls down and hurts himself.
(d) He storms out of the building.
13. Who comes into Pa's cave while he is sleeping?
14. What happens when the horse is brought for Pa?
(a) The horse refuses to let Pa touch him.
(b) He keeps falling off of it.
(c) It is not big enough to support his weight.
(d) He refuses to ride it because someone elses isbigger.
15. What does Pa say will happen to the peasants if they do not pay their taxes?
(a) They will be massacred.
(b) They will become slaves.
(c) They will go down the chute.
(d) They will be banished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men discuss as Pa is sleeping?
2. What does Ma tell Pa to make sure to do?
3. Why does Pa order lunch to be served?
4. What does Pa insist even though he ran away?
5. What are the peasants talking about when they hear Pa approaching?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)