|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa say will happen to the peasants if they do not pay their taxes?
(a) They will be massacred.
(b) They will be banished.
(c) They will become slaves.
(d) They will go down the chute.
2. What tax does Ma indicate isn't making any money?
3. What do the men want to do with the bear?
(a) Cook it and eat it.
(b) Put it at the front of the cave to scare off others.
(c) Use it as bait.
(d) Skin it as a trophy.
4. What do Pa and Ma say Buggerless can have?
(a) The crown.
(b) The money.
(c) The bear.
(d) The land.
5. Who protests Pa's decision on the tax profits?
(c) Tax collectors.
6. How does Ma suggest Pa win over Buggerless?
(a) With a strong hand.
(b) With lies.
(c) With generousity.
(d) With bribes.
7. Where is Manure in Scene 5?
(a) With Buggerless.
(c) In the throne room.
(d) In Pa's old home.
8. Where was Ma forced to go?
(a) To look for Pa.
(b) Into the hills.
(c) To Russia.
(d) Back to her home.
9. How does Ma feel when she finds the gold?
10. What happens when the horse is brought for Pa?
(a) The horse refuses to let Pa touch him.
(b) He refuses to ride it because someone elses isbigger.
(c) It is not big enough to support his weight.
(d) He keeps falling off of it.
11. How can the peasants tell when Pa is drawing near?
(a) They hear him swearing.
(b) They see him walking in.
(c) They have set up a warning system.
(d) They can smell him.
12. What news does the messenger bring to Pa?
(a) News about Manure's location.
(b) News about Buggerless' rebellion.
(c) News about Pa's followers.
(d) News about Ma's stealing of the gold.
13. What do the men say to Pa which shows they are finally rebelling?
(a) If he doesn't help with the bear he won't get any meat.
(b) If he isn't nicer, they will leave him behind.
(c) If he doesn't stop complaining, they'll give him to the Russians.
(d) If he doesn't shut up, they will shut him up.
14. What does Pa credit for the victory over the bear?
(a) His ability to fight.
(b) His personal appearance.
(c) His men's bravery.
(d) His prayers.
15. What does Pa brag about?
(a) How foolish the soldiers were.
(b) How well the men listened.
(c) How much money he will make.
(d) How well he fought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa say about war?
2. What causes Ma to run off?
3. Who beats the Czar?
4. What does Pa say is the only reason he killed the king?
5. What do Pa and his followers say as they run away from the Czar?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)