|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ma respond to Pa's plans?
(a) She looks for Manure to help her.
(b) She leaves him.
(c) She calls him an idiot.
(d) She steals money from him.
2. What does Ma tell Pa to make sure to do?
(a) Find Manure.
(b) Kill the Czar properly.
(c) Finding Buggerless and killing him.
(d) Take care of the books.
3. How does Ma feel when she finds the gold?
4. Who beats the Czar?
5. What do the men want to do with the bear?
(a) Put it at the front of the cave to scare off others.
(b) Use it as bait.
(c) Cook it and eat it.
(d) Skin it as a trophy.
6. Who appears with the Czar?
(a) No one.
7. What does Pa credit for the victory over the bear?
(a) His ability to fight.
(b) His prayers.
(c) His men's bravery.
(d) His personal appearance.
8. What does Pa plan to control beyond the finances?
(d) Other kingdoms.
9. What news does the messenger bring to Pa?
(a) News about Ma's stealing of the gold.
(b) News about Pa's followers.
(c) News about Buggerless' rebellion.
(d) News about Manure's location.
10. What does Pa say just before he leaves?
(a) To collect more money.
(b) Ma is in charge.
(c) He loves Ma.
(d) To protect the palace.
11. Who is the letter from that comes by messenger?
12. What do the men discuss as Pa is sleeping?
(a) Whether to desert Pa now or later.
(b) Whether Ma can save Pa.
(c) Whether they can turn Pa over to the Russians.
(d) Whether they can join the Russian army.
13. Where was Ma forced to go?
(a) To Russia.
(b) To look for Pa.
(c) Back to her home.
(d) Into the hills.
14. Why makes Pa stop his mourning for one of his soldiers killed by the Russians?
(a) The others demand he stop.
(b) He runs out of things to day.
(c) He hears a noise.
(d) He is suddenly hungry.
15. What does Manure say he will do when he returns?
(a) Restore the kingdom to Buggerless.
(b) Take up the fight of the peasants.
(c) Take Ma away from Pa.
(d) Remove Pa from the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa say he is going to do himself?
2. What does Pa say about war?
3. What happens to the judges when they refuse?
4. How do Ma and Pa escape?
5. What does Pa complain about before he chases Ma away?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)