|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa say will happen to the peasants if they do not pay their taxes?
(a) They will go down the chute.
(b) They will be banished.
(c) They will become slaves.
(d) They will be massacred.
2. What is the song that the Polish army is singing about?
(a) How to march in straight lines.
(b) Pa's insanity.
(c) The desire to work for Manure.
(d) How many buttons on their uniform.
3. What does Ma berate Pa for in Scene 8?
(a) For not knowing how to put on his armor.
(b) Having a poorly trained army.
(c) Not spending more money.
(d) Being a coward.
4. Who comes into the cave while Pa is punishing Ma?
(c) The angel.
5. What does Pa say he is going to do himself?
(a) Handle all of the kingdom's affairs.
(b) Decide who will be considered noble.
(c) Rule the courts.
(d) Collect taxes.
6. What will happen to those that Pa sends down the chute?
(a) They will be de-brained.
(b) They will be killed.
(c) They will be brainwashed.
(d) They will become peasants.
7. What does Pa plan to control beyond the finances?
(c) Other kingdoms.
8. What are the peasants talking about when they hear Pa approaching?
(a) How to reinstate Buggerless.
(b) Who will pay their taxes.
(c) Who will kill Pa.
(d) How much they hate him.
9. What does Pa do in regard to the judges?
(a) Tells them they are all fired.
(b) Tells them how they are to run their courts.
(c) Tells them to pay him money.
(d) Tells them who to set free.
10. Who appears unexpectedly at Buggerless' rally?
(c) A messenger.
11. Why do the councilors and Ma laugh at Pa?
(a) He falls down and hurts himself.
(b) He storms out of the building.
(c) He yells at Ma.
(d) He gets confused and mixes up his words.
12. How much does Pa order he will now receive from the profits of the taxes?
(b) One fourth.
(c) All of it.
(d) Three fourths.
13. What does Ma intend to pretend to be?
14. How does Pa respond to the laughter?
(a) He storms out of the room.
(b) He sends them all down the chute.
(c) He tells them to shut their mouth.
(d) He hits Ma in the mouth.
15. Who does Ma fight in the cave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the judges when they refuse?
2. Where was Ma forced to go?
3. How can the peasants tell when Pa is drawing near?
4. What does Ma tell Pa to make sure to do?
5. What does Pa say about war?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)