|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ma fight in the cave?
2. Who appears unexpectedly at Buggerless' rally?
(a) A messenger.
3. What is always Pa's first reaction in battle?
(a) Tearing the person apart.
4. How does Pa react to the letter?
(a) With anger.
(b) With terror.
(c) With a sense of urgency.
(d) With false bravado.
5. What does Ma tell Pa to make sure to do?
(a) Find Manure.
(b) Kill the Czar properly.
(c) Take care of the books.
(d) Finding Buggerless and killing him.
6. How does Pa respond to the laughter?
(a) He tells them to shut their mouth.
(b) He sends them all down the chute.
(c) He hits Ma in the mouth.
(d) He storms out of the room.
7. What does Pa do in regard to the judges?
(a) Tells them they are all fired.
(b) Tells them to pay him money.
(c) Tells them how they are to run their courts.
(d) Tells them who to set free.
8. What does Pa plan to control beyond the finances?
(a) Other kingdoms.
9. What does Pa say will happen to the peasants if they do not pay their taxes?
(a) They will become slaves.
(b) They will go down the chute.
(c) They will be banished.
(d) They will be massacred.
10. What does Ma tell Pa that his only action is?
(a) To declare war on Russia.
(b) To build a fortress.
(c) To go into hiding.
(d) To send an assassin for Mannure.
11. What does Pa say just before he leaves?
(a) He loves Ma.
(b) To collect more money.
(c) Ma is in charge.
(d) To protect the palace.
12. Who comes into the cave while Pa is punishing Ma?
(d) The angel.
13. Which of the following isn't something Pa complains about on his march to Russia?
(a) About how he can't afford a carriage.
(b) About Ma's attempt to steal gold.
(c) About his weapons and belongings.
(d) About how tired he is.
14. What will happen to those that Pa sends down the chute?
(a) They will be brainwashed.
(b) They will become peasants.
(c) They will be killed.
(d) They will be de-brained.
15. What does Pa mistakenly call the bear?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A deer.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma tell him is the only thing he can do to receive forgiveness?
2. What are the peasants talking about when they hear Pa approaching?
3. Why does Pa order lunch to be served?
4. What is the song that the Polish army is singing about?
5. Who does Pa call to his council chambers?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)