|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa say to the person who comes into the cave?
(a) He tells them that everything he did was her fault.
(b) He tells them that he will surrender.
(c) He tells them that he wants to give up his wife for his own safety.
(d) He tells them to wait until he is finished punishing his wife.
2. What does Pa say just before he leaves?
(a) Ma is in charge.
(b) To collect more money.
(c) He loves Ma.
(d) To protect the palace.
3. What does Ma tell Pa to make sure to do?
(a) Take care of the books.
(b) Finding Buggerless and killing him.
(c) Find Manure.
(d) Kill the Czar properly.
4. Where do Pa and his followers take refuge?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a pub.
(c) In the Czar's castle.
(d) In a trench.
5. What tax does Ma indicate isn't making any money?
6. What does Pa say about his speech?
(a) That it was the best thing he ever said.
(b) That he wishes he could remember it.
(c) That the Czar should have said such a speech.
(d) That it was a shame no one was listening.
7. What does say that Pa and Ma owe to Manure?
(a) Debt of gratitude.
(b) A place of honor in the kingdom.
(c) A kingdom of his own.
(d) Handsome reward.
8. What does Pa say he is going to do himself?
(a) Collect taxes.
(b) Decide who will be considered noble.
(c) Handle all of the kingdom's affairs.
(d) Rule the courts.
9. Who comes into Pa's cave while he is sleeping?
10. How do Ma and Pa escape?
(a) Pa swings the bear's body and knocks people to the ground.
(b) Buggerless trips and falls to the ground.
(c) Ma begs for mercy.
(d) Pa kills Buggerless and everyone else runs away.
11. How does Pa respond to the laughter?
(a) He sends them all down the chute.
(b) He storms out of the room.
(c) He tells them to shut their mouth.
(d) He hits Ma in the mouth.
12. Which of the following isn't something Pa complains about on his march to Russia?
(a) About his weapons and belongings.
(b) About Ma's attempt to steal gold.
(c) About how tired he is.
(d) About how he can't afford a carriage.
13. Who appears with the Czar?
(c) No one.
14. Where did Manure go?
15. What is the gold she finds mixed with?
(b) Other metals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma have to do to get Pa to pay attention to him?
2. Who do Pa and Ma Ubu greet in the palace throne room?
3. What does Ma intend to pretend to be?
4. What does Pa complain about before he chases Ma away?
5. What does Manure say he will do when he returns?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)