|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma tell Pa to make sure to do?
(a) Kill the Czar properly.
(b) Find Manure.
(c) Take care of the books.
(d) Finding Buggerless and killing him.
2. What does Buggerless tell his followers?
(a) He must hunt down Pa.
(b) He needs more money.
(c) It is time to reclaim the country.
(d) He has to travel to Russia.
3. What are the peasants talking about when they hear Pa approaching?
(a) How to reinstate Buggerless.
(b) Who will pay their taxes.
(c) How much they hate him.
(d) Who will kill Pa.
4. What do Pa and Ma say Buggerless can have?
(a) The land.
(b) The crown.
(c) The bear.
(d) The money.
5. How does Pa speak about Manure?
(b) With high regards.
(c) With awe.
6. What does Pa do while his men are fighting the bear?
(a) He helps to fight off the bear.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He cowers in the corner.
(d) He prays.
7. Which of the following is not one of the joys talked about of being king?
(a) Collecting taxes.
(b) Having lots of food.
(c) Killing people.
(d) Fighting Russians.
8. What does Ma want Pa to forgive her for?
(a) Sneaking up while he is sleeping.
(b) Stealing his money.
(c) Letting Manure escape.
(d) Leaving the palace.
9. What does Pa say to the person who comes into the cave?
(a) He tells them that he will surrender.
(b) He tells them that he wants to give up his wife for his own safety.
(c) He tells them that everything he did was her fault.
(d) He tells them to wait until he is finished punishing his wife.
10. What does Pa say there is no way he will do?
(a) Listen to what Ma says.
(b) Make Manure a duke.
(c) Watch the amount of money they spend.
(d) Watch what he eats.
11. How does Pa react to the letter?
(a) With anger.
(b) With false bravado.
(c) With terror.
(d) With a sense of urgency.
12. What will happen to those that Pa sends down the chute?
(a) They will be de-brained.
(b) They will be killed.
(c) They will be brainwashed.
(d) They will become peasants.
13. Who does Pa call to his council chambers?
(d) Loyal followers.
14. What does Pa say will happen to the peasants if they do not pay their taxes?
(a) They will go down the chute.
(b) They will become slaves.
(c) They will be massacred.
(d) They will be banished.
15. Which of the following is not something Pa does as he attacks the Czar?
(a) Shows fear.
(b) Apologies for being disrespectful.
(c) Calls him names.
(d) Becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ma suggest Pa win over Buggerless?
2. Why does Pa order lunch to be served?
3. How does Ma respond to Pa's plans?
4. What does Ma tell him is the only thing he can do to receive forgiveness?
5. What does Pa say about his speech?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)