|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Manure go?
2. How does Ma feel when she finds the gold?
3. How does Pa react to the letter?
(a) With a sense of urgency.
(b) With false bravado.
(c) With terror.
(d) With anger.
4. What does Pa say is the only reason he killed the king?
(a) He needed to escape.
(b) He likes killing people.
(c) He wanted riches.
(d) Ma made him.
5. What does Manure say he will do when he returns?
(a) Take Ma away from Pa.
(b) Remove Pa from the throne.
(c) Restore the kingdom to Buggerless.
(d) Take up the fight of the peasants.
6. Where does Ma start her search for the kingdom's treasure?
(a) Crypt where all the kings are buried.
(b) In the dungeon of the palace.
(c) Under the fianciers huts.
(d) Near the cave where Buggerless is hiding.
7. What does Pa say to the person who comes into the cave?
(a) He tells them that he will surrender.
(b) He tells them that everything he did was her fault.
(c) He tells them that he wants to give up his wife for his own safety.
(d) He tells them to wait until he is finished punishing his wife.
8. What does Pa plan to control beyond the finances?
(d) Other kingdoms.
9. What does Ma berate Pa for in Scene 8?
(a) Being a coward.
(b) Not spending more money.
(c) For not knowing how to put on his armor.
(d) Having a poorly trained army.
10. What is the gold she finds mixed with?
(c) Other metals.
11. Why does Pa believe he is feeling ill?
(a) He ate too much.
(b) He doesn't know why.
(c) He regrets what he did.
(d) He was poisoned.
12. How does Ma suggest Pa win over Buggerless?
(a) With lies.
(b) With a strong hand.
(c) With generousity.
(d) With bribes.
13. Which of the following is not something Pa does as he attacks the Czar?
(a) Calls him names.
(b) Apologies for being disrespectful.
(c) Becomes angry.
(d) Shows fear.
14. Who protests Pa's decision on the tax profits?
(a) Tax collectors.
15. What does Pa say about his speech?
(a) That the Czar should have said such a speech.
(b) That it was a shame no one was listening.
(c) That it was the best thing he ever said.
(d) That he wishes he could remember it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following isn't something Pa complains about on his march to Russia?
2. What does Ma tell Pa that his only action is?
3. What does Pa do in regard to the judges?
4. What does say that Pa and Ma owe to Manure?
5. Which of the following is not one of the joys talked about of being king?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)