|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the letter from that comes by messenger?
2. Which of the following is not something Pa does as he attacks the Czar?
(a) Calls him names.
(b) Shows fear.
(c) Becomes angry.
(d) Apologies for being disrespectful.
3. What does Pa say to the person who comes into the cave?
(a) He tells them that he will surrender.
(b) He tells them that everything he did was her fault.
(c) He tells them that he wants to give up his wife for his own safety.
(d) He tells them to wait until he is finished punishing his wife.
4. Who does Ma fight in the cave?
5. Who appears unexpectedly at Buggerless' rally?
(b) A messenger.
6. Which of the following isn't something Pa complains about on his march to Russia?
(a) About how tired he is.
(b) About Ma's attempt to steal gold.
(c) About how he can't afford a carriage.
(d) About his weapons and belongings.
7. What is the song that the Polish army is singing about?
(a) How to march in straight lines.
(b) The desire to work for Manure.
(c) How many buttons on their uniform.
(d) Pa's insanity.
8. What does Pa insist even though he ran away?
(a) He won the battle.
(b) He wasn't afraid.
(c) He will be seen as a hero.
(d) He has defeated the Russian army.
9. Why does Pa believe he is feeling ill?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He ate too much.
(c) He regrets what he did.
(d) He doesn't know why.
10. Who appears with the Czar?
(b) No one.
11. How does Ma respond to Pa's plans?
(a) She looks for Manure to help her.
(b) She calls him an idiot.
(c) She steals money from him.
(d) She leaves him.
12. What happens when the horse is brought for Pa?
(a) He keeps falling off of it.
(b) The horse refuses to let Pa touch him.
(c) It is not big enough to support his weight.
(d) He refuses to ride it because someone elses isbigger.
13. What does Pa plan to control beyond the finances?
(c) Other kingdoms.
14. What happens to the judges when they refuse?
(a) Pa has them banished.
(b) Pa ignores them and stops the court system.
(c) Pa bribes them until they agree.
(d) Pa sends them down the chute.
15. How does Pa respond to the laughter?
(a) He tells them to shut their mouth.
(b) He sends them all down the chute.
(c) He storms out of the room.
(d) He hits Ma in the mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the councilors and Ma laugh at Pa?
2. Who comes into Pa's cave while he is sleeping?
3. Who protests Pa's decision on the tax profits?
4. What happens to the Czar as they reach the trench?
5. What causes Ma to run off?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)