|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following isn't something Pa complains about on his march to Russia?
(a) About how tired he is.
(b) About how he can't afford a carriage.
(c) About his weapons and belongings.
(d) About Ma's attempt to steal gold.
2. Where do Pa and his followers take refuge?
(a) In the Czar's castle.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a pub.
(d) In a trench.
3. Where did Manure go?
4. Who does Ma fight in the cave?
5. What does Ma tell Pa to make sure to do?
(a) Finding Buggerless and killing him.
(b) Take care of the books.
(c) Find Manure.
(d) Kill the Czar properly.
6. What does Pa brag about?
(a) How well he fought.
(b) How well the men listened.
(c) How much money he will make.
(d) How foolish the soldiers were.
7. How does Pa react to the letter?
(a) With anger.
(b) With terror.
(c) With false bravado.
(d) With a sense of urgency.
8. What do Pa and his followers say as they run away from the Czar?
(a) It is every man for himself.
(b) They will be back.
(c) They have been successful.
(d) The Czar must surrender.
9. How much does Pa order he will now receive from the profits of the taxes?
(b) One fourth.
(c) Three fourths.
(d) All of it.
10. What does Ma want Pa to forgive her for?
(a) Stealing his money.
(b) Leaving the palace.
(c) Sneaking up while he is sleeping.
(d) Letting Manure escape.
11. What does Pa say is the only reason he killed the king?
(a) He likes killing people.
(b) He wanted riches.
(c) He needed to escape.
(d) Ma made him.
12. Who do Pa and Ma Ubu greet in the palace throne room?
(d) Family members.
13. What is the song that the Polish army is singing about?
(a) The desire to work for Manure.
(b) How to march in straight lines.
(c) How many buttons on their uniform.
(d) Pa's insanity.
14. Who comes into the cave while Pa is punishing Ma?
(c) The angel.
15. Who protests Pa's decision on the tax profits?
(d) Tax collectors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the joys talked about of being king?
2. What does Pa say will happen to the peasants if they do not pay their taxes?
3. How can the peasants tell when Pa is drawing near?
4. What does Ma berate Pa for in Scene 8?
5. What does Buggerless tell his followers?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)