|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma have to do to get Pa to pay attention to him?
(a) She has to swear at him.
(b) She has to threaten him.
(c) She has to kick him.
(d) She has to give him money.
2. Which of the following is not one of the joys talked about of being king?
(a) Collecting taxes.
(b) Having lots of food.
(c) Fighting Russians.
(d) Killing people.
3. Who does Ma fight in the cave?
4. What does Pa do to Ma as it becomes light outside?
(a) He smacks her across the face.
(b) He tells her he is going to give her to the Russians.
(c) He asks her where the money is.
(d) He throws the body of the bear on her.
5. Which of the following isn't something Pa complains about on his march to Russia?
(a) About how tired he is.
(b) About his weapons and belongings.
(c) About Ma's attempt to steal gold.
(d) About how he can't afford a carriage.
6. What does Ma say will happen to him if he doesn't live up to his promises?
(a) He will be killed.
(b) Manure will steal the throne.
(c) She will leave him.
(d) He will face the anger of the people.
7. What does Pa say to the person who comes into the cave?
(a) He tells them that he wants to give up his wife for his own safety.
(b) He tells them to wait until he is finished punishing his wife.
(c) He tells them that he will surrender.
(d) He tells them that everything he did was her fault.
8. What do Pa and his followers say as they run away from the Czar?
(a) The Czar must surrender.
(b) They have been successful.
(c) They will be back.
(d) It is every man for himself.
9. How does Ma suggest Pa win over Buggerless?
(a) With a strong hand.
(b) With lies.
(c) With bribes.
(d) With generousity.
10. How does Pa respond to the laughter?
(a) He storms out of the room.
(b) He hits Ma in the mouth.
(c) He sends them all down the chute.
(d) He tells them to shut their mouth.
11. What does Pa say there is no way he will do?
(a) Watch the amount of money they spend.
(b) Watch what he eats.
(c) Make Manure a duke.
(d) Listen to what Ma says.
12. Who comes into Pa's cave while he is sleeping?
13. Where do Pa and his followers take refuge?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In the Czar's castle.
(c) In a trench.
(d) In a pub.
14. Why do the councilors and Ma laugh at Pa?
(a) He yells at Ma.
(b) He storms out of the building.
(c) He falls down and hurts himself.
(d) He gets confused and mixes up his words.
15. Why does Pa believe he is feeling ill?
(a) He ate too much.
(b) He regrets what he did.
(c) He doesn't know why.
(d) He was poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa brag about?
2. Which of the following is not something Pa dreams about?
3. What does Ma tell Pa to make sure to do?
4. What does Ma tell him is the only thing he can do to receive forgiveness?
5. What does Pa say he is going to do himself?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)