|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa plan to control beyond the finances?
(a) Other kingdoms.
2. Who is the letter from that comes by messenger?
3. Why do the councilors and Ma laugh at Pa?
(a) He gets confused and mixes up his words.
(b) He storms out of the building.
(c) He falls down and hurts himself.
(d) He yells at Ma.
4. How do Ma and Pa escape?
(a) Pa swings the bear's body and knocks people to the ground.
(b) Buggerless trips and falls to the ground.
(c) Pa kills Buggerless and everyone else runs away.
(d) Ma begs for mercy.
5. What does Ma tell Pa to make sure to do?
(a) Finding Buggerless and killing him.
(b) Kill the Czar properly.
(c) Find Manure.
(d) Take care of the books.
6. What does Pa insist even though he ran away?
(a) He has defeated the Russian army.
(b) He will be seen as a hero.
(c) He wasn't afraid.
(d) He won the battle.
7. What does Pa say there is no way he will do?
(a) Listen to what Ma says.
(b) Watch the amount of money they spend.
(c) Watch what he eats.
(d) Make Manure a duke.
8. Why does Pa believe he is feeling ill?
(a) He regrets what he did.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) He doesn't know why.
(d) He ate too much.
9. What is the gold she finds mixed with?
(c) Other metals.
10. What do the men want to do with the bear?
(a) Put it at the front of the cave to scare off others.
(b) Cook it and eat it.
(c) Skin it as a trophy.
(d) Use it as bait.
11. What happens to the Czar as they reach the trench?
(a) He calls for more support.
(b) He waits to see what Pa does.
(c) He jumps over it.
(d) He falls into it.
12. What does Pa say he is going to do himself?
(a) Rule the courts.
(b) Collect taxes.
(c) Handle all of the kingdom's affairs.
(d) Decide who will be considered noble.
13. What does Manure say he will do when he returns?
(a) Take up the fight of the peasants.
(b) Take Ma away from Pa.
(c) Restore the kingdom to Buggerless.
(d) Remove Pa from the throne.
14. Why does Pa order lunch to be served?
(a) He says that the Russians never fight at midday.
(b) He says that a full stomach will protect them.
(c) He says that he is too scared to fight right now.
(d) He says that he must eat before a battle.
15. What does Pa say is the only reason he killed the king?
(a) Ma made him.
(b) He wanted riches.
(c) He needed to escape.
(d) He likes killing people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the judges when they refuse?
2. Who appears with the Czar?
3. How does Pa react to the letter?
4. How much does Pa order he will now receive from the profits of the taxes?
5. What do Pa and his followers say as they run away from the Czar?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)