|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ma react to the exchange?
(a) She verbally attacks Manure herself.
(b) She pushes Manure out of the door.
(c) She tries to calm Pa down.
(d) She agrees with Manure and flees from Pa.
2. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
(a) A party at the castle.
(b) A reception in his honor.
(c) A military parade.
(d) A ball at night.
3. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To kill the king no matter what.
(b) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(c) To never return to the castle.
(d) To have revenge.
4. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When the play stops between acts.
(b) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(c) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(d) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
5. Whose idea does Pa say it is to throw money into the crowd?
6. What does the winner of the race get?
(a) A position of trust.
(b) A home in the palace.
(c) A place in the kingdom.
(d) A chest of gold.
7. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
(a) He will buy her a new house.
(b) He will become king.
(c) He will finally do something great.
(d) He will prove his love for her.
8. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
(a) He shakes hands with the king.
(b) He punches Buggerless.
(c) He falls and hurts himself.
(d) He swears at his wife.
9. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
10. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(a) Make fun of him.
(d) Talk louder.
11. What does Pa issue orders for?
(a) Changes in the palace guards.
(b) Presents for his wife and those that helped her.
(c) Huge feast and gifts of money.
(d) A new set of soldiers.
12. What do Ma and Manure want Pa to do with the money?
(a) Distribute it to the people to celebrate his success.
(b) Hide it so that if he is overthrown they do not lose it.
(c) Divide it among themselves evenly.
(d) Pay those that helped him richly.
13. What does Ma think will happen to her?
(a) She will be able to kill him.
(b) She will be queen.
(c) She will have money.
(d) She will have to take charge of the situation.
14. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
(a) That it doesn't taste very good.
(b) How long it took to make.
(c) That there is nothing there that he likes.
(d) How much it will cost.
15. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
(a) Kill him in revenge.
(b) Reinstate Buggerless as king.
(c) Overthrow him.
(d) Refuse to pay their taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
2. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
3. What happens at the parade?
4. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)