|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Lack of ambition.
(c) Crude language.
(d) Refusal to talk to her.
2. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
(a) Make a plan and stick to it.
(b) Murder King Wenceslas.
(c) Run for president of England.
(d) Get a new job in Poland.
3. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(b) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
(c) Relationships are the meaning of life.
(d) Life and relationships are chaotic.
4. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(b) Well-bred and arrogant.
5. What does the winner of the race get?
(a) A place in the kingdom.
(b) A chest of gold.
(c) A position of trust.
(d) A home in the palace.
6. What does Pa allow all of the peasants who did not win the race to do?
(a) Get more land for their efforts.
(b) Have a chance to show their loyalty to him.
(c) Have a job in the castle.
(d) Take one piece of gold from the chest.
7. What type of play is this?
8. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
(a) Manure only.
(b) Ma only.
(c) Old woman and Manure.
(d) He blames the king's sons.
9. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
(b) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
(c) He has a secret to share with the captain.
(d) His wife told him to behave this way.
10. What happened in Rosamund's dream?
(a) She saw the king dead and the crown given to Pa Ubu.
(b) She saw everyone at the parade turning on the king.
(c) She saw Buggerless killing is father.
(d) She saw Pa Ubu killing the king.
11. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
(a) The king has discovered their plot.
(b) That he and ma are going to be killed.
(c) The king is going to kill him.
(d) Manure told the king of their discussion.
12. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She will have to take drastic steps.
(b) She feels that he will never do it.
(c) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
(d) She will have to find alternate strategies.
13. What does the king do for Pa?
(a) Makes him an offer of more land.
(b) Makes him a member of the court.
(c) Makes him a duke.
(d) Makes him a count.
14. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
(a) He shakes hands with the king.
(b) He falls and hurts himself.
(c) He punches Buggerless.
(d) He swears at his wife.
15. How does Buggerless respond to the punishment?
(a) He says that he will kill Pa.
(b) He says that he will do whatever he wants.
(c) He says he'll do as he is told.
(d) He says he doesn't have to listen to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
2. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
3. Who does Buggerless fight with as Rosamund gets away?
4. What do Ma and Manure want Pa to do with the money?
5. Why does Pa invite everyone to the palace?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)