|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ma's opinion of the people who are receiving the money?
2. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
(a) Swear an oath of loyalty to him.
(b) Promise not to speak to anyone else about the plan.
(c) Review the details of the plan.
(d) Sign a confession that they were helping him.
3. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
(a) Promotes Manure to duke.
(b) Gives a big speech.
(c) Throws money into the crowd.
(d) Orders the people to find the queen and Buggerless.
4. How does the winner of the race feel?
5. What does Buggerless call Pa?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A moron.
(c) A waife.
(d) A fool.
6. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
(a) Hold a race to earn a chest full of gold.
(b) Hold auditions where the best will win gold.
(c) Stop handing out gold and save it for himself.
(d) Have the people ask for the amount they need.
7. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
(a) He falls and hurts himself.
(b) He shakes hands with the king.
(c) He punches Buggerless.
(d) He swears at his wife.
8. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
(a) How worthless Ma is.
(b) How disgusting the food looks like.
(c) How ugly Ma is.
(d) How Ma can do nothing right.
9. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
(a) That he will pay him handsomely.
(b) That the entire country will be better off.
(c) That he will become a duke.
(d) That he will give him a night with Ma.
10. When the king says that he has complete trust in Pa Ubu, how do Rosamund and Buggerless respond?
(a) They say he is too trusting.
(b) They say he is hard headed.
(c) They say he is too mean hearted.
(d) They say he is being foolish.
11. In what way is Pa violent?
12. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
(a) He will buy her a new house.
(b) He will finally do something great.
(c) He will become king.
(d) He will prove his love for her.
13. What happens when Rosamund tells Buggerless that she feels much safer?
(a) He sees Pa with the crown.
(b) He sees his father killed.
(c) He sees his brothers being attacked.
(d) He sees his brothers chasing Pa.
14. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She will have to take drastic steps.
(b) She feels that he will never do it.
(c) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
(d) She will have to find alternate strategies.
15. What does Buggerless say that he wants to do?
(a) Kill Pa.
(b) Kill Manure.
(c) Kill his brothers.
(d) Keep his mother safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
2. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
3. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
4. What is the character Pa defined by?
5. Where do Rosamond and Buggerless go to hide?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)