|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
(a) He falls and hurts himself.
(b) He punches Buggerless.
(c) He shakes hands with the king.
(d) He swears at his wife.
2. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
(a) He is calling her names.
(b) He is taking down the decorations that she put up.
(c) He is eating the food she is saving for her guests.
(d) He is using language she doesn't want her guests to hear.
3. How does Pa react to the news?
(a) He cries uncontrollable.
(b) He says he will kill him during the meeting.
(c) He becomes cowardly.
(d) He verbally screams at Ma.
4. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
(a) Promotes Manure to duke.
(b) Orders the people to find the queen and Buggerless.
(c) Throws money into the crowd.
(d) Gives a big speech.
5. What does the king do for Pa?
(a) Makes him a member of the court.
(b) Makes him a duke.
(c) Makes him an offer of more land.
(d) Makes him a count.
6. What type of play is this?
7. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
(a) They pretend like the do not know each other.
(b) They use more vulgarity though it is in code.
(c) They continue arguing.
(d) They become friendlier to each other.
8. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
(b) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(c) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
(d) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
9. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Crude language.
(c) Lack of ambition.
(d) Refusal to talk to her.
10. How does the winner of the race feel?
11. How does Ma react to the exchange?
(a) She tries to calm Pa down.
(b) She pushes Manure out of the door.
(c) She agrees with Manure and flees from Pa.
(d) She verbally attacks Manure herself.
12. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
(a) Kill him in revenge.
(b) Refuse to pay their taxes.
(c) Overthrow him.
(d) Reinstate Buggerless as king.
13. How does Scene 7 end?
(a) With Bugglerless making plans.
(b) Rosamund praying.
(c) With a party.
(d) With Manure planning to kill Pa.
14. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(b) To have revenge.
(c) To kill the king no matter what.
(d) To never return to the castle.
15. What does Pa return with?
(a) An unmentionable brush.
(b) Another dish Ma made.
(c) A special cake for Captain Manure.
(d) His favorite green candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
2. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
3. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
4. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
5. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)