|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
(b) Unfulfilled dreams.
2. How does Pa react to the news?
(a) He says he will kill him during the meeting.
(b) He verbally screams at Ma.
(c) He cries uncontrollable.
(d) He becomes cowardly.
3. What does Ma tell Pa about his thoughts?
(a) She says that the king knows of their plan.
(b) She says he blew their plans.
(c) She says he should relax.
(d) She says he is stupid.
4. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
(a) Manure has brought them up on charges.
(b) They are being evicted from their home.
(c) Manure needs to meet with them in private.
(d) They are being summoned to meet the king.
5. What does Pa allow all of the peasants who did not win the race to do?
(a) Have a chance to show their loyalty to him.
(b) Have a job in the castle.
(c) Get more land for their efforts.
(d) Take one piece of gold from the chest.
6. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
(a) Plans to kidnap and release the king.
(b) Plans to ruin the king.
(c) Plans to assassinate the king.
(d) Plans to have Ma meet the king.
7. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
(a) Comedy without hope.
(b) A drama with death and violence.
(c) Comedy with exaggeration and foolishness.
(d) A drama which occurs through a dream.
8. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She will have to find alternate strategies.
(b) She will have to take drastic steps.
(c) She feels that he will never do it.
(d) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
9. What do the guests complain about?
(a) How often this happens at their house.
(b) How bad the food is.
(c) How bad a host he is.
(d) How bizarre his behavior is.
10. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(d) Well-bred and arrogant.
11. How does Wenceslas plan on attending the parade?
(a) Without armor or a sword.
(b) Without any soldiers or protection.
(c) Without his wife or sons to better protect them.
(d) With his other two sons to protect him.
12. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
(b) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
(c) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(d) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
13. What does Pa issue orders for?
(a) Changes in the palace guards.
(b) Huge feast and gifts of money.
(c) Presents for his wife and those that helped her.
(d) A new set of soldiers.
14. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(b) When the play stops between acts.
(c) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(d) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
15. How does Buggerless respond to the punishment?
(a) He says that he will kill Pa.
(b) He says he'll do as he is told.
(c) He says that he will do whatever he wants.
(d) He says he doesn't have to listen to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
2. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
3. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
4. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
5. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)