|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea does Pa say it is to throw money into the crowd?
2. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) Relationships are the meaning of life.
(b) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(c) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
(d) Life and relationships are chaotic.
3. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Crude language.
(b) Lack of money.
(c) Lack of ambition.
(d) Refusal to talk to her.
4. What are the people doing that helps to form Ma's opinion of them?
(a) Cheering for her husband.
(b) Begging for the return of the king.
(c) Calling for her husband's head.
(d) Fighting over the gold.
5. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) He has a secret to share with the captain.
(b) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
(c) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
(d) His wife told him to behave this way.
6. How does Wenceslas plan on attending the parade?
(a) Without his wife or sons to better protect them.
(b) With his other two sons to protect him.
(c) Without armor or a sword.
(d) Without any soldiers or protection.
7. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
(a) Pa runs away.
(b) Rosamund protects her son.
(c) Manure steps between the men.
(d) Pa kills Buggerless.
8. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
(a) Plans to assassinate the king.
(b) Plans to ruin the king.
(c) Plans to kidnap and release the king.
(d) Plans to have Ma meet the king.
9. What is the character Pa defined by?
(a) His willingness to be a follower.
(b) His love of the people.
(c) His loyalty to others.
(d) His desire for money.
10. Which of the following characters are the names of the soldiers who are helping with the plan to kill the king?
(a) Boleslas and Ladislas.
(b) Manure and Buggerless.
(c) Heads and Tails.
(d) Wenceslas and Duncan.
11. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To never return to the castle.
(b) To kill the king no matter what.
(c) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(d) To have revenge.
12. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
(a) It is not fair to punish the boy by missing the parade.
(b) All of the children should be present at such an event.
(c) The king needs as many loyal people as possible near him.
(d) Pa is indeed a vulgar man and deserved what he got.
13. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(b) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(c) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(d) When the play stops between acts.
14. What happens at the parade?
(a) Pa becomes too cowardly and does nothing.
(b) Pa gives the signal and the king is attacked.
(c) Pa is accidently killed.
(d) Pa is forced to attack the king himself.
15. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
2. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
3. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
4. What is Ma's opinion on Pa's love of money?
5. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)