|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
(a) Have the people ask for the amount they need.
(b) Hold auditions where the best will win gold.
(c) Stop handing out gold and save it for himself.
(d) Hold a race to earn a chest full of gold.
2. How does Pa react to the news?
(a) He becomes cowardly.
(b) He says he will kill him during the meeting.
(c) He verbally screams at Ma.
(d) He cries uncontrollable.
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(b) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(c) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(d) When the play stops between acts.
4. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
(a) How much it will cost.
(b) That it doesn't taste very good.
(c) How long it took to make.
(d) That there is nothing there that he likes.
5. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) Relationships are the meaning of life.
(b) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
(c) Life and relationships are chaotic.
(d) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
6. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
(a) Old hag.
(b) Loving wife.
(c) Old woman.
(d) Beautiful woman.
7. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(b) Make fun of him.
(d) Talk louder.
8. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
9. What happens when Rosamund tells Buggerless that she feels much safer?
(a) He sees Pa with the crown.
(b) He sees his brothers being attacked.
(c) He sees his father killed.
(d) He sees his brothers chasing Pa.
10. Whose idea does Pa say it is to throw money into the crowd?
11. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
12. What does Ma tell Pa about his thoughts?
(a) She says he is stupid.
(b) She says he blew their plans.
(c) She says that the king knows of their plan.
(d) She says he should relax.
13. Where do Rosamond and Buggerless go to hide?
(a) Hut in the village.
(b) Cavern in the hills.
(c) Nearby kingdom.
(d) To a building near the cemetary.
14. What happened in Rosamund's dream?
(a) She saw the king dead and the crown given to Pa Ubu.
(b) She saw Buggerless killing is father.
(c) She saw Pa Ubu killing the king.
(d) She saw everyone at the parade turning on the king.
15. How does Scene 7 end?
(a) With a party.
(b) With Manure planning to kill Pa.
(c) With Bugglerless making plans.
(d) Rosamund praying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
2. Which of the following characters are the names of the soldiers who are helping with the plan to kill the king?
3. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
4. What do the people involved in the plan argue over?
5. What does Rosamund indicate her concern is based on?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)