Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
(a) He falls and hurts himself.
(b) He shakes hands with the king.
(c) He punches Buggerless.
(d) He swears at his wife.
2. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
(a) They become friendlier to each other.
(b) They continue arguing.
(c) They use more vulgarity though it is in code.
(d) They pretend like the do not know each other.
3. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
(a) Orders the people to find the queen and Buggerless.
(b) Promotes Manure to duke.
(c) Throws money into the crowd.
(d) Gives a big speech.
4. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
(a) Have the people ask for the amount they need.
(b) Stop handing out gold and save it for himself.
(c) Hold auditions where the best will win gold.
(d) Hold a race to earn a chest full of gold.
5. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Lack of ambition.
(c) Refusal to talk to her.
(d) Crude language.
6. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
(a) Pa kills Buggerless.
(b) Rosamund protects her son.
(c) Manure steps between the men.
(d) Pa runs away.
7. What does Rosamund indicate her concern is based on?
(a) The fortuneteller's words.
(b) The prophecy.
(c) A dream.
(d) Her gut feelings.
8. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To never return to the castle.
(b) To kill the king no matter what.
(c) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(d) To have revenge.
9. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) Life and relationships are chaotic.
(b) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(c) Relationships are the meaning of life.
(d) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
10. What are the people doing that helps to form Ma's opinion of them?
(a) Begging for the return of the king.
(b) Calling for her husband's head.
(c) Cheering for her husband.
(d) Fighting over the gold.
11. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
(a) To earn more from taxes.
(b) To secure his place as king.
(c) To buy respect and loyalty.
(d) To ensure Manure is loyal.
12. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
(a) Manure only.
(b) He blames the king's sons.
(c) Ma only.
(d) Old woman and Manure.
13. What is the character Pa defined by?
(a) His willingness to be a follower.
(b) His desire for money.
(c) His love of the people.
(d) His loyalty to others.
14. What do the people involved in the plan argue over?
(a) What method to use to kill the king.
(b) Who will actually kill the king.
(c) When they should kill the king.
(d) Who will become the king after he is killed.
15. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
(a) He is taking down the decorations that she put up.
(b) He is using language she doesn't want her guests to hear.
(c) He is eating the food she is saving for her guests.
(d) He is calling her names.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
2. What is Rosamund concerned about?
3. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
4. What do Ma and Manure want Pa to do with the money?
5. How does Ma react to the exchange?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)