|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buggerless call Pa?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A waife.
(c) A moron.
(d) A fool.
2. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
(b) The unique relationship between characters.
(c) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
(d) The character's inner thoughts.
3. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
(a) A party at the castle.
(b) A reception in his honor.
(c) A military parade.
(d) A ball at night.
4. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
(a) They become friendlier to each other.
(b) They pretend like the do not know each other.
(c) They use more vulgarity though it is in code.
(d) They continue arguing.
5. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
(a) They are being evicted from their home.
(b) They are being summoned to meet the king.
(c) Manure needs to meet with them in private.
(d) Manure has brought them up on charges.
6. What is Buggerless' punishment?
(a) He must ride with Pa during the parade.
(b) He must leave the kingdom.
(c) He cannot attend the parade.
(d) He must go and apologize to Pa.
7. Where do Rosamond and Buggerless go to hide?
(a) Hut in the village.
(b) To a building near the cemetary.
(c) Cavern in the hills.
(d) Nearby kingdom.
8. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
(a) A drama which occurs through a dream.
(b) A drama with death and violence.
(c) Comedy without hope.
(d) Comedy with exaggeration and foolishness.
9. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
(a) Move all of the riches from the castle.
(b) Have a feast.
(c) Promote Manure to duke.
(d) Kill the rest of the people loyal to the king.
10. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(a) Make fun of him.
(d) Talk louder.
11. Whose idea does Pa say it is to throw money into the crowd?
12. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To kill the king no matter what.
(b) To never return to the castle.
(c) To have revenge.
(d) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
13. What does Pa return with?
(a) His favorite green candle.
(b) An unmentionable brush.
(c) A special cake for Captain Manure.
(d) Another dish Ma made.
14. What happens when Rosamund tells Buggerless that she feels much safer?
(a) He sees Pa with the crown.
(b) He sees his brothers chasing Pa.
(c) He sees his father killed.
(d) He sees his brothers being attacked.
15. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
(a) Old woman.
(b) Beautiful woman.
(c) Loving wife.
(d) Old hag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
2. How does Wenceslas plan on attending the parade?
3. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
4. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
5. What does Pa issue orders for?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)