|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
(a) Swear an oath of loyalty to him.
(b) Sign a confession that they were helping him.
(c) Review the details of the plan.
(d) Promise not to speak to anyone else about the plan.
2. What happens at the parade?
(a) Pa becomes too cowardly and does nothing.
(b) Pa gives the signal and the king is attacked.
(c) Pa is forced to attack the king himself.
(d) Pa is accidently killed.
3. How many sons does the king have?
4. How does Wenceslas plan on attending the parade?
(a) With his other two sons to protect him.
(b) Without his wife or sons to better protect them.
(c) Without armor or a sword.
(d) Without any soldiers or protection.
5. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To kill the king no matter what.
(b) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(c) To never return to the castle.
(d) To have revenge.
6. How does Scene 7 end?
(a) With a party.
(b) With Manure planning to kill Pa.
(c) Rosamund praying.
(d) With Bugglerless making plans.
7. What is Ma's opinion on Pa's love of money?
(a) She thinks it is his one weakness.
(b) She encourages it.
(c) She finds it disgusting.
(d) She shares it.
8. What does Buggerless call Pa?
(a) A waife.
(b) A fool.
(c) A moron.
(d) A murderer.
9. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
(a) His childhood best friend.
(b) His service in the army.
(c) His honesty and loyalty to the king.
(d) His knowledge of the country.
10. What does the king do for Pa?
(a) Makes him a count.
(b) Makes him a duke.
(c) Makes him a member of the court.
(d) Makes him an offer of more land.
11. What does Pa do when no one leaves after he completes the first attempt?
(a) He throws food and swears at them.
(b) He overturns the table.
(c) He walks out of the room and slams the door.
(d) He orders them out of his house.
12. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Crude language.
(b) Lack of ambition.
(c) Refusal to talk to her.
(d) Lack of money.
13. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(a) Talk louder.
(b) Make fun of him.
14. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
(a) To secure his place as king.
(b) To earn more from taxes.
(c) To ensure Manure is loyal.
(d) To buy respect and loyalty.
15. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
(a) He punches Buggerless.
(b) He swears at his wife.
(c) He shakes hands with the king.
(d) He falls and hurts himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
2. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
3. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
4. These two scenes are more of a what and less of a parody?
5. What does Pa allow all of the peasants who did not win the race to do?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)