|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To kill the king no matter what.
(b) To never return to the castle.
(c) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(d) To have revenge.
2. When the king says that he has complete trust in Pa Ubu, how do Rosamund and Buggerless respond?
(a) They say he is hard headed.
(b) They say he is being foolish.
(c) They say he is too mean hearted.
(d) They say he is too trusting.
3. How does the winner of the race feel?
4. What is the character Pa defined by?
(a) His loyalty to others.
(b) His love of the people.
(c) His desire for money.
(d) His willingness to be a follower.
5. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(a) Talk louder.
(c) Make fun of him.
6. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
7. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
(a) Manure told the king of their discussion.
(b) The king has discovered their plot.
(c) The king is going to kill him.
(d) That he and ma are going to be killed.
8. Why does the king punish Buggerless?
(a) Because he accused Pa of trying to kill him.
(b) Because he wouldn't follow orders.
(c) Because he was rude to Pa.
(d) Because he voiced concerns.
9. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(b) Well-bred and arrogant.
10. These two scenes are more of a what and less of a parody?
11. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
(b) The unique relationship between characters.
(c) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
(d) The character's inner thoughts.
12. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
(b) His wife told him to behave this way.
(c) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
(d) He has a secret to share with the captain.
13. What does Buggerless do right after he witnesses the attack?
(a) He calls out the window to the soldiers.
(b) He prays with his mother.
(c) He runs out to help.
(d) He takes his mother away.
14. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
(a) Pa walks away.
(b) Pa punches Manure in the face.
(c) Pa loses his temper.
(d) Pa takes back his offer to make Manure a duke.
15. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
(a) Overthrow him.
(b) Kill him in revenge.
(c) Reinstate Buggerless as king.
(d) Refuse to pay their taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Buggerless' punishment?
2. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
3. What is Rosamund concerned about?
4. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
5. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)