|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in Rosamund's dream?
(a) She saw Buggerless killing is father.
(b) She saw Pa Ubu killing the king.
(c) She saw the king dead and the crown given to Pa Ubu.
(d) She saw everyone at the parade turning on the king.
2. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Crude language.
(b) Refusal to talk to her.
(c) Lack of ambition.
(d) Lack of money.
3. How does Wenceslas plan on attending the parade?
(a) Without his wife or sons to better protect them.
(b) Without armor or a sword.
(c) Without any soldiers or protection.
(d) With his other two sons to protect him.
4. Why does Pa invite everyone to the palace?
(a) For the race.
(b) To protect him.
(c) To open the castle.
(d) For a feast.
5. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
6. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
(a) Stop handing out gold and save it for himself.
(b) Have the people ask for the amount they need.
(c) Hold a race to earn a chest full of gold.
(d) Hold auditions where the best will win gold.
7. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
(a) Promotes Manure to duke.
(b) Orders the people to find the queen and Buggerless.
(c) Gives a big speech.
(d) Throws money into the crowd.
8. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
(a) How Ma can do nothing right.
(b) How worthless Ma is.
(c) How ugly Ma is.
(d) How disgusting the food looks like.
9. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
(b) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
(c) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
(d) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
10. What does Pa allow all of the peasants who did not win the race to do?
(a) Take one piece of gold from the chest.
(b) Get more land for their efforts.
(c) Have a chance to show their loyalty to him.
(d) Have a job in the castle.
11. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
(a) That the entire country will be better off.
(b) That he will give him a night with Ma.
(c) That he will become a duke.
(d) That he will pay him handsomely.
12. What are the people doing that helps to form Ma's opinion of them?
(a) Calling for her husband's head.
(b) Fighting over the gold.
(c) Cheering for her husband.
(d) Begging for the return of the king.
13. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
14. Who tries to change the king's mind about Buggerless' punishment?
(a) Pa Ubu.
(d) Queen Rosamund.
15. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
(b) He has a secret to share with the captain.
(c) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
(d) His wife told him to behave this way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Buggerless' punishment?
2. What happens after Pa gives the signal?
3. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
4. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
5. What is the character Pa defined by?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)