|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
(a) Run for president of England.
(b) Get a new job in Poland.
(c) Make a plan and stick to it.
(d) Murder King Wenceslas.
2. What do the guests complain about?
(a) How often this happens at their house.
(b) How bad the food is.
(c) How bizarre his behavior is.
(d) How bad a host he is.
3. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
(a) To secure his place as king.
(b) To ensure Manure is loyal.
(c) To earn more from taxes.
(d) To buy respect and loyalty.
4. What does Pa issue orders for?
(a) Presents for his wife and those that helped her.
(b) Changes in the palace guards.
(c) A new set of soldiers.
(d) Huge feast and gifts of money.
5. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
(a) All of the children should be present at such an event.
(b) Pa is indeed a vulgar man and deserved what he got.
(c) It is not fair to punish the boy by missing the parade.
(d) The king needs as many loyal people as possible near him.
6. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(b) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(c) When the play stops between acts.
(d) When a play's characters pause for effect.
7. What does Ma think will happen to her?
(a) She will be queen.
(b) She will have to take charge of the situation.
(c) She will have money.
(d) She will be able to kill him.
8. How does Ma react to the exchange?
(a) She tries to calm Pa down.
(b) She verbally attacks Manure herself.
(c) She agrees with Manure and flees from Pa.
(d) She pushes Manure out of the door.
9. What does Buggerless call Pa?
(a) A waife.
(b) A moron.
(c) A fool.
(d) A murderer.
10. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
11. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
(a) The king is going to kill him.
(b) The king has discovered their plot.
(c) That he and ma are going to be killed.
(d) Manure told the king of their discussion.
12. What does Ma tell Pa about his thoughts?
(a) She says that the king knows of their plan.
(b) She says he should relax.
(c) She says he blew their plans.
(d) She says he is stupid.
13. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is cowardly.
(c) He is king.
(d) He is poor.
14. What happens after Pa gives the signal?
(a) Ma will distract the king.
(b) The two soldiers will hold down the king.
(c) Manure will slice the king in two.
(d) Pa will sneak into the king's quarters and the others will protect him.
15. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(b) To have revenge.
(c) To never return to the castle.
(d) To kill the king no matter what.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the king says that he has complete trust in Pa Ubu, how do Rosamund and Buggerless respond?
2. Why does the king punish Buggerless?
3. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
4. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
5. What does Pa do when no one leaves after he completes the first attempt?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)