|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to change the king's mind about Buggerless' punishment?
(a) Pa Ubu.
(c) Queen Rosamund.
2. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
(c) Unfulfilled dreams.
3. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When the play stops between acts.
(b) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(c) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(d) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
5. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
(b) The character's inner thoughts.
(c) The unique relationship between characters.
(d) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
6. What does Pa return with?
(a) A special cake for Captain Manure.
(b) His favorite green candle.
(c) Another dish Ma made.
(d) An unmentionable brush.
7. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
(a) The type of language he uses.
(b) His lack of appropriate manners.
(c) His need for better clothes.
(d) How bad he smells.
8. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
(a) He swears at his wife.
(b) He falls and hurts himself.
(c) He shakes hands with the king.
(d) He punches Buggerless.
9. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
(a) They use more vulgarity though it is in code.
(b) They continue arguing.
(c) They become friendlier to each other.
(d) They pretend like the do not know each other.
10. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
(a) Review the details of the plan.
(b) Sign a confession that they were helping him.
(c) Swear an oath of loyalty to him.
(d) Promise not to speak to anyone else about the plan.
11. In what way is Pa violent?
12. What happened in Rosamund's dream?
(a) She saw the king dead and the crown given to Pa Ubu.
(b) She saw everyone at the parade turning on the king.
(c) She saw Pa Ubu killing the king.
(d) She saw Buggerless killing is father.
13. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
(a) Manure told the king of their discussion.
(b) The king is going to kill him.
(c) The king has discovered their plot.
(d) That he and ma are going to be killed.
14. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To have revenge.
(b) To kill the king no matter what.
(c) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(d) To never return to the castle.
15. How does Buggerless respond to the punishment?
(a) He says he'll do as he is told.
(b) He says that he will kill Pa.
(c) He says he doesn't have to listen to his father.
(d) He says that he will do whatever he wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
2. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
3. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
4. What does Pa do when no one leaves after he completes the first attempt?
5. What does Buggerless say that he wants to do?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)