|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
(a) That he must tell the king what Pa is planning.
(b) That he finds it interesting, but he needs more than being a duke.
(c) That Pa can count on both Manure and his men.
(d) That Pa doesn't know what he is doing.
2. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(b) Life and relationships are chaotic.
(c) Relationships are the meaning of life.
(d) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
3. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
(a) He will buy her a new house.
(b) He will become king.
(c) He will finally do something great.
(d) He will prove his love for her.
4. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
(a) To ensure Manure is loyal.
(b) To secure his place as king.
(c) To buy respect and loyalty.
(d) To earn more from taxes.
5. What is Ma's opinion on Pa's love of money?
(a) She finds it disgusting.
(b) She encourages it.
(c) She thinks it is his one weakness.
(d) She shares it.
6. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
(a) A party at the castle.
(b) A reception in his honor.
(c) A military parade.
(d) A ball at night.
7. Who tries to change the king's mind about Buggerless' punishment?
(a) Pa Ubu.
(d) Queen Rosamund.
8. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
(a) He is using language she doesn't want her guests to hear.
(b) He is taking down the decorations that she put up.
(c) He is calling her names.
(d) He is eating the food she is saving for her guests.
9. What does Buggerless do right after he witnesses the attack?
(a) He takes his mother away.
(b) He calls out the window to the soldiers.
(c) He prays with his mother.
(d) He runs out to help.
10. What does the king do for Pa?
(a) Makes him a duke.
(b) Makes him a count.
(c) Makes him a member of the court.
(d) Makes him an offer of more land.
11. What happens when Rosamund tells Buggerless that she feels much safer?
(a) He sees his father killed.
(b) He sees his brothers chasing Pa.
(c) He sees Pa with the crown.
(d) He sees his brothers being attacked.
12. What happens at the parade?
(a) Pa becomes too cowardly and does nothing.
(b) Pa is forced to attack the king himself.
(c) Pa gives the signal and the king is attacked.
(d) Pa is accidently killed.
13. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
(b) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
(c) The unique relationship between characters.
(d) The character's inner thoughts.
14. What do the guests complain about?
(a) How bad a host he is.
(b) How bad the food is.
(c) How often this happens at their house.
(d) How bizarre his behavior is.
15. Why does Pa invite everyone to the palace?
(a) To open the castle.
(b) To protect him.
(c) For a feast.
(d) For the race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
2. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
3. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
4. Which of the is a synonym for epithet?
5. What do Ma and Manure want Pa to do with the money?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)