|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guests complain about?
(a) How bizarre his behavior is.
(b) How bad a host he is.
(c) How bad the food is.
(d) How often this happens at their house.
2. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
(a) A reception in his honor.
(b) A military parade.
(c) A party at the castle.
(d) A ball at night.
3. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
(a) He is eating the food she is saving for her guests.
(b) He is calling her names.
(c) He is using language she doesn't want her guests to hear.
(d) He is taking down the decorations that she put up.
4. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
(a) Refuse to pay their taxes.
(b) Overthrow him.
(c) Reinstate Buggerless as king.
(d) Kill him in revenge.
5. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She feels that he will never do it.
(b) She will have to find alternate strategies.
(c) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
(d) She will have to take drastic steps.
6. How many sons does the king have?
7. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
(a) His childhood best friend.
(b) His service in the army.
(c) His honesty and loyalty to the king.
(d) His knowledge of the country.
8. What is Ma's opinion on Pa's love of money?
(a) She encourages it.
(b) She finds it disgusting.
(c) She thinks it is his one weakness.
(d) She shares it.
9. What do Ma and Manure want Pa to do with the money?
(a) Pay those that helped him richly.
(b) Hide it so that if he is overthrown they do not lose it.
(c) Divide it among themselves evenly.
(d) Distribute it to the people to celebrate his success.
10. What is Ma's opinion of the people who are receiving the money?
11. How does Scene 7 end?
(a) Rosamund praying.
(b) With Bugglerless making plans.
(c) With a party.
(d) With Manure planning to kill Pa.
12. How does Ma react to the exchange?
(a) She agrees with Manure and flees from Pa.
(b) She verbally attacks Manure herself.
(c) She pushes Manure out of the door.
(d) She tries to calm Pa down.
13. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(a) Make fun of him.
(d) Talk louder.
14. Who does Buggerless fight with as Rosamund gets away?
15. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(b) To have revenge.
(c) To never return to the castle.
(d) To kill the king no matter what.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
2. What does the winner of the race get?
3. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
4. Why does Pa invite everyone to the palace?
5. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)