|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
(a) To ensure Manure is loyal.
(b) To buy respect and loyalty.
(c) To earn more from taxes.
(d) To secure his place as king.
2. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To have revenge.
(b) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(c) To kill the king no matter what.
(d) To never return to the castle.
3. What is the character Pa defined by?
(a) His willingness to be a follower.
(b) His desire for money.
(c) His loyalty to others.
(d) His love of the people.
4. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
(a) How much it will cost.
(b) That there is nothing there that he likes.
(c) How long it took to make.
(d) That it doesn't taste very good.
5. In what way is Pa violent?
6. What does Rosamund indicate her concern is based on?
(a) A dream.
(b) The fortuneteller's words.
(c) The prophecy.
(d) Her gut feelings.
7. What are the people doing that helps to form Ma's opinion of them?
(a) Begging for the return of the king.
(b) Calling for her husband's head.
(c) Cheering for her husband.
(d) Fighting over the gold.
8. What does Ma think will happen to her?
(a) She will be able to kill him.
(b) She will have to take charge of the situation.
(c) She will have money.
(d) She will be queen.
9. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
(a) Plans to have Ma meet the king.
(b) Plans to kidnap and release the king.
(c) Plans to ruin the king.
(d) Plans to assassinate the king.
10. How does Pa react to the news?
(a) He says he will kill him during the meeting.
(b) He becomes cowardly.
(c) He verbally screams at Ma.
(d) He cries uncontrollable.
11. Whose idea does Pa say it is to throw money into the crowd?
12. What do the guests complain about?
(a) How bad the food is.
(b) How bizarre his behavior is.
(c) How often this happens at their house.
(d) How bad a host he is.
13. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She feels that he will never do it.
(b) She will have to take drastic steps.
(c) She will have to find alternate strategies.
(d) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
14. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
(a) Refuse to pay their taxes.
(b) Reinstate Buggerless as king.
(c) Overthrow him.
(d) Kill him in revenge.
15. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
(a) Manure told the king of their discussion.
(b) That he and ma are going to be killed.
(c) The king is going to kill him.
(d) The king has discovered their plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
3. Which of the following characters are the names of the soldiers who are helping with the plan to kill the king?
4. How does the winner of the race feel?
5. Which of the is a synonym for epithet?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)