|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rosamond and Buggerless go to hide?
(a) Cavern in the hills.
(b) Nearby kingdom.
(c) To a building near the cemetary.
(d) Hut in the village.
2. What is Ma's opinion of the people who are receiving the money?
3. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
(a) The type of language he uses.
(b) His need for better clothes.
(c) How bad he smells.
(d) His lack of appropriate manners.
4. What are the people doing that helps to form Ma's opinion of them?
(a) Begging for the return of the king.
(b) Cheering for her husband.
(c) Calling for her husband's head.
(d) Fighting over the gold.
5. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Crude language.
(b) Lack of ambition.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Refusal to talk to her.
6. What does Buggerless say that he wants to do?
(a) Keep his mother safe.
(b) Kill Manure.
(c) Kill Pa.
(d) Kill his brothers.
7. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
(a) Talent show.
(b) Dinner party.
(c) Educational expo.
(d) Theater event.
8. What is the character Pa defined by?
(a) His loyalty to others.
(b) His willingness to be a follower.
(c) His love of the people.
(d) His desire for money.
9. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
(a) Promote Manure to duke.
(b) Have a feast.
(c) Kill the rest of the people loyal to the king.
(d) Move all of the riches from the castle.
10. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
(a) Pa loses his temper.
(b) Pa punches Manure in the face.
(c) Pa takes back his offer to make Manure a duke.
(d) Pa walks away.
11. What does Manure suggest Pa should do?
(a) Have the people ask for the amount they need.
(b) Stop handing out gold and save it for himself.
(c) Hold auditions where the best will win gold.
(d) Hold a race to earn a chest full of gold.
12. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
(a) A drama with death and violence.
(b) Comedy without hope.
(c) A drama which occurs through a dream.
(d) Comedy with exaggeration and foolishness.
13. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
(a) He smacks her in the mouth.
(b) He runs out.
(c) He cusses and tells her to shut up.
(d) He starts to make a plan.
14. What does Pa issue orders for?
(a) Changes in the palace guards.
(b) A new set of soldiers.
(c) Huge feast and gifts of money.
(d) Presents for his wife and those that helped her.
15. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
(a) That he will pay him handsomely.
(b) That he will become a duke.
(c) That he will give him a night with Ma.
(d) That the entire country will be better off.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scene 7 end?
2. In what way is Pa violent?
3. How does Pa react to the news?
4. What does Pa allow all of the peasants who did not win the race to do?
5. How does Wenceslas plan on attending the parade?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)