|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma think will happen to her?
(a) She will be able to kill him.
(b) She will be queen.
(c) She will have to take charge of the situation.
(d) She will have money.
2. What is Ma's opinion on Pa's love of money?
(a) She thinks it is his one weakness.
(b) She finds it disgusting.
(c) She encourages it.
(d) She shares it.
3. What does Manure say the people will do if he doesn't give them money?
(a) Overthrow him.
(b) Reinstate Buggerless as king.
(c) Kill him in revenge.
(d) Refuse to pay their taxes.
4. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
(a) Orders the people to find the queen and Buggerless.
(b) Promotes Manure to duke.
(c) Throws money into the crowd.
(d) Gives a big speech.
5. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
(a) Pa is indeed a vulgar man and deserved what he got.
(b) All of the children should be present at such an event.
(c) The king needs as many loyal people as possible near him.
(d) It is not fair to punish the boy by missing the parade.
6. How does Pa react to the news?
(a) He verbally screams at Ma.
(b) He cries uncontrollable.
(c) He says he will kill him during the meeting.
(d) He becomes cowardly.
7. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
(a) A reception in his honor.
(b) A military parade.
(c) A party at the castle.
(d) A ball at night.
8. What does Buggerless call Pa?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A moron.
(c) A fool.
(d) A waife.
9. What is Rosamund concerned about?
(a) The king and Buggerless's relationship.
(b) Wenceslas' safety.
(c) Her son's well being.
(d) What will happen in the parade.
10. What does the winner of the race get?
(a) A chest of gold.
(b) A position of trust.
(c) A home in the palace.
(d) A place in the kingdom.
11. What does Rosamund indicate her concern is based on?
(a) The prophecy.
(b) The fortuneteller's words.
(c) A dream.
(d) Her gut feelings.
12. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
(a) Kill the rest of the people loyal to the king.
(b) Have a feast.
(c) Move all of the riches from the castle.
(d) Promote Manure to duke.
13. Whose idea does Pa say it is to throw money into the crowd?
14. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
(a) How worthless Ma is.
(b) How Ma can do nothing right.
(c) How ugly Ma is.
(d) How disgusting the food looks like.
15. What happens when Rosamund tells Buggerless that she feels much safer?
(a) He sees Pa with the crown.
(b) He sees his father killed.
(c) He sees his brothers being attacked.
(d) He sees his brothers chasing Pa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
2. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
3. What is the character Pa defined by?
4. In what way is Pa violent?
5. What are the people doing that helps to form Ma's opinion of them?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)