|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
(a) That he and ma are going to be killed.
(b) The king has discovered their plot.
(c) The king is going to kill him.
(d) Manure told the king of their discussion.
2. What does Buggerless call Pa?
(a) A moron.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A waife.
(d) A fool.
3. How many sons does the king have?
4. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
(a) To earn more from taxes.
(b) To secure his place as king.
(c) To ensure Manure is loyal.
(d) To buy respect and loyalty.
5. How does the winner of the race feel?
6. What is Ma's opinion on Pa's love of money?
(a) She thinks it is his one weakness.
(b) She finds it disgusting.
(c) She shares it.
(d) She encourages it.
7. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
(a) Review the details of the plan.
(b) Swear an oath of loyalty to him.
(c) Promise not to speak to anyone else about the plan.
(d) Sign a confession that they were helping him.
8. Who does Buggerless fight with as Rosamund gets away?
9. How does Scene 7 end?
(a) With Manure planning to kill Pa.
(b) Rosamund praying.
(c) With a party.
(d) With Bugglerless making plans.
10. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(b) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
(c) Relationships are the meaning of life.
(d) Life and relationships are chaotic.
11. What does the winner of the race get?
(a) A home in the palace.
(b) A chest of gold.
(c) A place in the kingdom.
(d) A position of trust.
12. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
(a) Old hag.
(b) Old woman.
(c) Beautiful woman.
(d) Loving wife.
13. What does Pa do after he is crowned?
(a) Gives a big speech.
(b) Orders the people to find the queen and Buggerless.
(c) Promotes Manure to duke.
(d) Throws money into the crowd.
14. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
(c) Unfulfilled dreams.
15. What type of play is this?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma tell Pa about his thoughts?
2. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
3. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
4. What does Ma think will happen to her?
5. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)