|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
(a) A drama which occurs through a dream.
(b) Comedy without hope.
(c) A drama with death and violence.
(d) Comedy with exaggeration and foolishness.
2. What does the king do for Pa?
(a) Makes him an offer of more land.
(b) Makes him a duke.
(c) Makes him a member of the court.
(d) Makes him a count.
3. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Lack of ambition.
(b) Crude language.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Refusal to talk to her.
4. Which of the is a synonym for epithet?
(d) Tombstone phrase.
5. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
(a) Unfulfilled dreams.
6. What does Rosamund indicate her concern is based on?
(a) Her gut feelings.
(b) The prophecy.
(c) The fortuneteller's words.
(d) A dream.
7. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
(a) Loving wife.
(b) Old woman.
(c) Old hag.
(d) Beautiful woman.
8. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
(a) Promote Manure to duke.
(b) Kill the rest of the people loyal to the king.
(c) Have a feast.
(d) Move all of the riches from the castle.
9. What does Pa issue orders for?
(a) Huge feast and gifts of money.
(b) Changes in the palace guards.
(c) A new set of soldiers.
(d) Presents for his wife and those that helped her.
10. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
(a) Manure only.
(b) Ma only.
(c) Old woman and Manure.
(d) He blames the king's sons.
11. What happens after Pa gives the signal?
(a) Manure will slice the king in two.
(b) Pa will sneak into the king's quarters and the others will protect him.
(c) Ma will distract the king.
(d) The two soldiers will hold down the king.
12. What is Rosamund concerned about?
(a) Her son's well being.
(b) What will happen in the parade.
(c) The king and Buggerless's relationship.
(d) Wenceslas' safety.
13. How does the winner of the race feel?
14. What do the guests complain about?
(a) How often this happens at their house.
(b) How bad a host he is.
(c) How bizarre his behavior is.
(d) How bad the food is.
15. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
(a) He puts it in Ma's hair.
(b) He rubs it on their food.
(c) He throws the brush at the guests.
(d) He uses it to pick his teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
2. What do the people involved in the plan argue over?
3. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
4. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
5. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)