|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guests complain about?
(a) How bad the food is.
(b) How bad a host he is.
(c) How often this happens at their house.
(d) How bizarre his behavior is.
2. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
(a) Make a plan and stick to it.
(b) Run for president of England.
(c) Murder King Wenceslas.
(d) Get a new job in Poland.
3. What happens at the parade?
(a) Pa is accidently killed.
(b) Pa gives the signal and the king is attacked.
(c) Pa is forced to attack the king himself.
(d) Pa becomes too cowardly and does nothing.
4. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
(b) The character's inner thoughts.
(c) The unique relationship between characters.
(d) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
5. What do Ma and Manure want Pa to do with the money?
(a) Hide it so that if he is overthrown they do not lose it.
(b) Pay those that helped him richly.
(c) Distribute it to the people to celebrate his success.
(d) Divide it among themselves evenly.
6. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
(a) The king is going to kill him.
(b) That he and ma are going to be killed.
(c) The king has discovered their plot.
(d) Manure told the king of their discussion.
7. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
(a) Swear an oath of loyalty to him.
(b) Promise not to speak to anyone else about the plan.
(c) Sign a confession that they were helping him.
(d) Review the details of the plan.
8. What happens after Pa gives the signal?
(a) Manure will slice the king in two.
(b) Pa will sneak into the king's quarters and the others will protect him.
(c) Ma will distract the king.
(d) The two soldiers will hold down the king.
9. How does Buggerless respond to the punishment?
(a) He says he doesn't have to listen to his father.
(b) He says that he will kill Pa.
(c) He says that he will do whatever he wants.
(d) He says he'll do as he is told.
10. How does Ma react to the exchange?
(a) She tries to calm Pa down.
(b) She pushes Manure out of the door.
(c) She verbally attacks Manure herself.
(d) She agrees with Manure and flees from Pa.
11. What does Buggerless call Pa?
(a) A fool.
(b) A moron.
(c) A waife.
(d) A murderer.
12. What does the winner of the race get?
(a) A chest of gold.
(b) A home in the palace.
(c) A place in the kingdom.
(d) A position of trust.
13. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
(a) She wants him to go to jail.
(b) She cannot act this way herself.
(c) She is manipulative.
(d) She is looking out for his best interests.
14. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
(a) Theater event.
(b) Dinner party.
(c) Talent show.
(d) Educational expo.
15. What does Pa issue orders for?
(a) Huge feast and gifts of money.
(b) Changes in the palace guards.
(c) Presents for his wife and those that helped her.
(d) A new set of soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. These two scenes are more of a what and less of a parody?
2. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
3. What does the king do for Pa?
4. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
5. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)