|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(b) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
(c) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
(d) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
2. According to the play, desire must be backed up by what?
3. How do Ma and Pa escape?
(a) Ma begs for mercy.
(b) Buggerless trips and falls to the ground.
(c) Pa swings the bear's body and knocks people to the ground.
(d) Pa kills Buggerless and everyone else runs away.
4. What does Pa allow all of the peasants who did not win the race to do?
(a) Take one piece of gold from the chest.
(b) Get more land for their efforts.
(c) Have a chance to show their loyalty to him.
(d) Have a job in the castle.
5. What does Pa do as the Captain continues to make orders?
(a) Goes deep into the ship.
(b) Says counter orders.
(c) Makes jokes.
(d) Make comments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa insist even though he ran away?
2. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
3. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
5. What does Pa say there is no way he will do?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)