|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
(a) Promote Manure to duke.
(b) Kill the rest of the people loyal to the king.
(c) Move all of the riches from the castle.
(d) Have a feast.
2. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Lack of ambition.
(b) Lack of money.
(c) Refusal to talk to her.
(d) Crude language.
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(b) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(c) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(d) When the play stops between acts.
4. Who beats the Czar?
5. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(d) Well-bred and arrogant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa complain about before he chases Ma away?
2. What does Ma think will happen to her?
3. Who do Pa and Ma Ubu greet in the palace throne room?
4. What does Ma say will happen to him if he doesn't live up to his promises?
5. Where was Ma forced to go?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)