|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When the play stops between acts.
(b) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(c) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(d) When a play's characters pause for effect.
2. Where does Ma start her search for the kingdom's treasure?
(a) Under the fianciers huts.
(b) In the dungeon of the palace.
(c) Near the cave where Buggerless is hiding.
(d) Crypt where all the kings are buried.
3. Why do the councilors and Ma laugh at Pa?
(a) He yells at Ma.
(b) He falls down and hurts himself.
(c) He gets confused and mixes up his words.
(d) He storms out of the building.
4. Who protests Pa's decision on the tax profits?
(a) Tax collectors.
5. How does Pa react to the letter?
(a) With anger.
(b) With terror.
(c) With false bravado.
(d) With a sense of urgency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
2. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
3. What is Ma's opinion of the people who are receiving the money?
4. Who beats the Czar?
5. Why does Pa invite everyone to the palace?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)