|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
(b) The unique relationship between characters.
(c) The character's inner thoughts.
(d) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
2. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
(a) She wants him to go to jail.
(b) She is manipulative.
(c) She is looking out for his best interests.
(d) She cannot act this way herself.
3. What happened in Rosamund's dream?
(a) She saw everyone at the parade turning on the king.
(b) She saw the king dead and the crown given to Pa Ubu.
(c) She saw Pa Ubu killing the king.
(d) She saw Buggerless killing is father.
4. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
(a) He starts to make a plan.
(b) He cusses and tells her to shut up.
(c) He runs out.
(d) He smacks her in the mouth.
5. What is the character Pa defined by?
(a) His love of the people.
(b) His loyalty to others.
(c) His willingness to be a follower.
(d) His desire for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Pa gives the signal?
2. Why does Pa invite everyone to the palace?
3. Who tries to change the king's mind about Buggerless' punishment?
4. When the king says that he has complete trust in Pa Ubu, how do Rosamund and Buggerless respond?
5. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)