|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
(a) A drama which occurs through a dream.
(b) A drama with death and violence.
(c) Comedy with exaggeration and foolishness.
(d) Comedy without hope.
2. How does Ma react to the exchange?
(a) She agrees with Manure and flees from Pa.
(b) She verbally attacks Manure herself.
(c) She tries to calm Pa down.
(d) She pushes Manure out of the door.
3. What does the king do for Pa?
(a) Makes him a member of the court.
(b) Makes him a duke.
(c) Makes him a count.
(d) Makes him an offer of more land.
4. Which of the following characters are the names of the soldiers who are helping with the plan to kill the king?
(a) Heads and Tails.
(b) Wenceslas and Duncan.
(c) Boleslas and Ladislas.
(d) Manure and Buggerless.
5. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(c) Well-bred and arrogant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
2. What is the character Pa defined by?
3. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
4. What does Pa return with?
5. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)