|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
(a) Review the details of the plan.
(b) Swear an oath of loyalty to him.
(c) Sign a confession that they were helping him.
(d) Promise not to speak to anyone else about the plan.
2. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
(a) His service in the army.
(b) His knowledge of the country.
(c) His childhood best friend.
(d) His honesty and loyalty to the king.
3. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
(a) He puts it in Ma's hair.
(b) He rubs it on their food.
(c) He uses it to pick his teeth.
(d) He throws the brush at the guests.
4. What happens after Pa gives the signal?
(a) Ma will distract the king.
(b) Manure will slice the king in two.
(c) The two soldiers will hold down the king.
(d) Pa will sneak into the king's quarters and the others will protect him.
5. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
(b) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
(c) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(d) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
2. What does Buggerless call Pa?
3. What does Pa allow all of the peasants who did not win the race to do?
4. Why does Pa invite everyone to the palace?
5. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)