|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
(a) That he must tell the king what Pa is planning.
(b) That he finds it interesting, but he needs more than being a duke.
(c) That Pa doesn't know what he is doing.
(d) That Pa can count on both Manure and his men.
2. Why is Pa willing to give away some of the money?
(a) To ensure Manure is loyal.
(b) To buy respect and loyalty.
(c) To earn more from taxes.
(d) To secure his place as king.
3. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
(a) His lack of appropriate manners.
(b) The type of language he uses.
(c) How bad he smells.
(d) His need for better clothes.
4. What do Ma and Manure try to convince Pa to do?
(a) Promote Manure to duke.
(b) Move all of the riches from the castle.
(c) Have a feast.
(d) Kill the rest of the people loyal to the king.
5. What does Ma think will happen to her?
(a) She will be able to kill him.
(b) She will be queen.
(c) She will have money.
(d) She will have to take charge of the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
2. What does Pa allow all of the peasants who did not win the race to do?
3. Who grabs the crown at the parade?
4. What does Pa issue orders for?
5. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)