|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa return with?
(a) His favorite green candle.
(b) An unmentionable brush.
(c) Another dish Ma made.
(d) A special cake for Captain Manure.
2. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
(a) Beautiful woman.
(b) Old hag.
(c) Loving wife.
(d) Old woman.
3. How does Buggerless respond to the punishment?
(a) He says that he will do whatever he wants.
(b) He says he'll do as he is told.
(c) He says he doesn't have to listen to his father.
(d) He says that he will kill Pa.
4. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
(a) She is looking out for his best interests.
(b) She is manipulative.
(c) She wants him to go to jail.
(d) She cannot act this way herself.
5. What does the king do for Pa?
(a) Makes him a count.
(b) Makes him an offer of more land.
(c) Makes him a duke.
(d) Makes him a member of the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buggerless say that he wants to do?
2. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
3. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
4. How does Ma react to the exchange?
5. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)