|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buggerless do right after he witnesses the attack?
(a) He takes his mother away.
(b) He calls out the window to the soldiers.
(c) He runs out to help.
(d) He prays with his mother.
2. What does Buggerless say that he wants to do?
(a) Kill Pa.
(b) Kill his brothers.
(c) Keep his mother safe.
(d) Kill Manure.
3. What happens when Buggerless prepares to defend himself from Pa?
(a) Pa runs away.
(b) Rosamund protects her son.
(c) Manure steps between the men.
(d) Pa kills Buggerless.
4. When the king says that he has complete trust in Pa Ubu, how do Rosamund and Buggerless respond?
(a) They say he is being foolish.
(b) They say he is hard headed.
(c) They say he is too mean hearted.
(d) They say he is too trusting.
5. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
(a) All of the children should be present at such an event.
(b) The king needs as many loyal people as possible near him.
(c) Pa is indeed a vulgar man and deserved what he got.
(d) It is not fair to punish the boy by missing the parade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
2. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
3. Who tries to change the king's mind about Buggerless' punishment?
4. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
5. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)