|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(b) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(c) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(d) When the play stops between acts.
2. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
(a) His service in the army.
(b) His honesty and loyalty to the king.
(c) His knowledge of the country.
(d) His childhood best friend.
3. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is cowardly.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is king.
4. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(b) Life and relationships are chaotic.
(c) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
(d) Relationships are the meaning of life.
5. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
(a) That the entire country will be better off.
(b) That he will become a duke.
(c) That he will give him a night with Ma.
(d) That he will pay him handsomely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
2. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
3. What is Buggerless' punishment?
4. In what way is Pa violent?
5. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)