|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
(a) Manure has brought them up on charges.
(b) They are being summoned to meet the king.
(c) They are being evicted from their home.
(d) Manure needs to meet with them in private.
2. How does Pa react to the news?
(a) He verbally screams at Ma.
(b) He says he will kill him during the meeting.
(c) He cries uncontrollable.
(d) He becomes cowardly.
3. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(a) Talk louder.
(d) Make fun of him.
4. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
(a) His service in the army.
(b) His honesty and loyalty to the king.
(c) His knowledge of the country.
(d) His childhood best friend.
5. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
(a) He is using language she doesn't want her guests to hear.
(b) He is calling her names.
(c) He is eating the food she is saving for her guests.
(d) He is taking down the decorations that she put up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters are the names of the soldiers who are helping with the plan to kill the king?
2. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
3. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
4. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)