|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
(a) That he will pay him handsomely.
(b) That he will become a duke.
(c) That he will give him a night with Ma.
(d) That the entire country will be better off.
2. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(a) Make fun of him.
(c) Talk louder.
3. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
(a) He starts to make a plan.
(b) He cusses and tells her to shut up.
(c) He smacks her in the mouth.
(d) He runs out.
4. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(b) Life and relationships are chaotic.
(c) Relationships are the meaning of life.
(d) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
5. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
(a) Run for president of England.
(b) Get a new job in Poland.
(c) Make a plan and stick to it.
(d) Murder King Wenceslas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
2. What happens after Pa gives the signal?
3. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
4. What does Pa return with?
5. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)