|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
(d) Unfulfilled dreams.
2. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
(a) A ball at night.
(b) A reception in his honor.
(c) A military parade.
(d) A party at the castle.
3. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) Relationships are the meaning of life.
(b) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
(c) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(d) Life and relationships are chaotic.
4. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
(a) Pa punches Manure in the face.
(b) Pa takes back his offer to make Manure a duke.
(c) Pa walks away.
(d) Pa loses his temper.
5. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
(a) His need for better clothes.
(b) How bad he smells.
(c) The type of language he uses.
(d) His lack of appropriate manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the is a synonym for epithet?
2. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
3. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
4. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
5. How does Ma react to the exchange?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)