|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the is a synonym for epithet?
(c) Tombstone phrase.
2. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(b) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(c) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(d) When the play stops between acts.
3. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
(a) He is king.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is cowardly.
(d) He is poor.
4. What does the king do for Pa?
(a) Makes him a count.
(b) Makes him an offer of more land.
(c) Makes him a member of the court.
(d) Makes him a duke.
5. What does the king refer to from Pa's past?
(a) His honesty and loyalty to the king.
(b) His knowledge of the country.
(c) His service in the army.
(d) His childhood best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
2. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
4. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
5. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)