|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
(a) That he will pay him handsomely.
(b) That the entire country will be better off.
(c) That he will become a duke.
(d) That he will give him a night with Ma.
2. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(a) Talk louder.
(d) Make fun of him.
3. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
(a) He will become king.
(b) He will prove his love for her.
(c) He will buy her a new house.
(d) He will finally do something great.
4. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
(d) Unfulfilled dreams.
5. What happens after Pa gives the signal?
(a) The two soldiers will hold down the king.
(b) Manure will slice the king in two.
(c) Pa will sneak into the king's quarters and the others will protect him.
(d) Ma will distract the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
3. What type of play is this?
4. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
5. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)