|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
(a) A ball at night.
(b) A military parade.
(c) A party at the castle.
(d) A reception in his honor.
2. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
(a) How long it took to make.
(b) That it doesn't taste very good.
(c) How much it will cost.
(d) That there is nothing there that he likes.
3. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
(d) Unfulfilled dreams.
4. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She feels that he will never do it.
(b) She will have to take drastic steps.
(c) She will have to find alternate strategies.
(d) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
5. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
(b) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
(c) He has a secret to share with the captain.
(d) His wife told him to behave this way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
2. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
3. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
4. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
5. What does Pa return with?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)