|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buggerless call Pa?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A fool.
(c) A waife.
(d) A moron.
2. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
(b) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
(c) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
(d) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
3. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
(a) His need for better clothes.
(b) His lack of appropriate manners.
(c) How bad he smells.
(d) The type of language he uses.
4. How does Ma react to the exchange?
(a) She agrees with Manure and flees from Pa.
(b) She tries to calm Pa down.
(c) She pushes Manure out of the door.
(d) She verbally attacks Manure herself.
5. How many sons does the king have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play is this?
2. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
3. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
4. In what way is Pa violent?
5. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)