|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
(a) They are being evicted from their home.
(b) Manure needs to meet with them in private.
(c) Manure has brought them up on charges.
(d) They are being summoned to meet the king.
2. How does Pa describe Ma to the king?
(a) Old woman.
(b) Loving wife.
(c) Old hag.
(d) Beautiful woman.
3. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
(a) His lack of appropriate manners.
(b) His need for better clothes.
(c) The type of language he uses.
(d) How bad he smells.
4. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
(b) The character's inner thoughts.
(c) The unique relationship between characters.
(d) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
5. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
(a) Pa punches Manure in the face.
(b) Pa takes back his offer to make Manure a duke.
(c) Pa loses his temper.
(d) Pa walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
2. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
3. Where does Pa meet with King Wenceslas?
4. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
5. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)