|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
(a) A party at the castle.
(b) A reception in his honor.
(c) A ball at night.
(d) A military parade.
2. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(b) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(c) When the play stops between acts.
(d) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
3. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
(c) Unfulfilled dreams.
4. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
(a) He will finally do something great.
(b) He will become king.
(c) He will buy her a new house.
(d) He will prove his love for her.
5. In what way is Pa violent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
2. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
3. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
4. What does Pa return with?
5. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)