|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
(b) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(c) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
(d) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
2. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(b) When the play stops between acts.
(c) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(d) When a play's characters pause for effect.
4. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
(a) Plans to have Ma meet the king.
(b) Plans to ruin the king.
(c) Plans to kidnap and release the king.
(d) Plans to assassinate the king.
5. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
(b) His wife told him to behave this way.
(c) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
(d) He has a secret to share with the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
2. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
3. Where does Pa meet with King Wenceslas?
4. What does Pa believe is the cause of the message delivered to him?
5. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)