|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
(b) His wife told him to behave this way.
(c) He has a secret to share with the captain.
(d) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
2. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
(a) That there is nothing there that he likes.
(b) How much it will cost.
(c) How long it took to make.
(d) That it doesn't taste very good.
3. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
(a) They become friendlier to each other.
(b) They continue arguing.
(c) They pretend like the do not know each other.
(d) They use more vulgarity though it is in code.
4. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(b) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(c) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(d) When the play stops between acts.
5. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
(a) He falls and hurts himself.
(b) He punches Buggerless.
(c) He swears at his wife.
(d) He shakes hands with the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pa react to the news?
2. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
3. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
4. Which of the following characters are the names of the soldiers who are helping with the plan to kill the king?
5. What do the guests complain about?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)