|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
(a) Comedy with exaggeration and foolishness.
(b) Comedy without hope.
(c) A drama with death and violence.
(d) A drama which occurs through a dream.
2. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
(a) A military parade.
(b) A party at the castle.
(c) A reception in his honor.
(d) A ball at night.
3. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(c) Make fun of him.
(d) Talk louder.
4. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
(a) Unfulfilled dreams.
5. How does Ma react to the exchange?
(a) She verbally attacks Manure herself.
(b) She tries to calm Pa down.
(c) She pushes Manure out of the door.
(d) She agrees with Manure and flees from Pa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
2. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
3. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
4. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
5. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)