|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
(a) Comedy without hope.
(b) A drama which occurs through a dream.
(c) A drama with death and violence.
(d) Comedy with exaggeration and foolishness.
2. What does Pa vow as he leaves?
(a) To kill Buggerless no matter what.
(b) To never return to the castle.
(c) To have revenge.
(d) To kill the king no matter what.
3. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
(b) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
(c) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(d) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
4. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
(a) His lack of appropriate manners.
(b) The type of language he uses.
(c) His need for better clothes.
(d) How bad he smells.
5. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
(a) He uses it to pick his teeth.
(b) He rubs it on their food.
(c) He throws the brush at the guests.
(d) He puts it in Ma's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
3. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
4. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
5. In what way is Pa violent?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)