|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
(a) Manure has brought them up on charges.
(b) Manure needs to meet with them in private.
(c) They are being evicted from their home.
(d) They are being summoned to meet the king.
2. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) The unique relationship between characters.
(b) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
(c) The character's inner thoughts.
(d) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
3. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
(a) They use more vulgarity though it is in code.
(b) They continue arguing.
(c) They pretend like the do not know each other.
(d) They become friendlier to each other.
4. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
(a) She cannot act this way herself.
(b) She is manipulative.
(c) She is looking out for his best interests.
(d) She wants him to go to jail.
5. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(a) Make fun of him.
(b) Talk louder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
2. Where does Pa meet with King Wenceslas?
3. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
4. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
5. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)