|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
(a) That Pa doesn't know what he is doing.
(b) That Pa can count on both Manure and his men.
(c) That he finds it interesting, but he needs more than being a duke.
(d) That he must tell the king what Pa is planning.
2. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Lack of ambition.
(b) Lack of money.
(c) Crude language.
(d) Refusal to talk to her.
3. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
(a) He blames the king's sons.
(b) Old woman and Manure.
(c) Ma only.
(d) Manure only.
4. What does Pa do when no one leaves after he completes the first attempt?
(a) He throws food and swears at them.
(b) He orders them out of his house.
(c) He overturns the table.
(d) He walks out of the room and slams the door.
5. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(b) When the play stops between acts.
(c) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(d) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
2. Where does Pa meet with King Wenceslas?
3. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
4. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
5. What happens as Pa leaves the king?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)