|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5, 6, and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
(b) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(c) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
(d) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
2. What does Pa return with?
(a) Another dish Ma made.
(b) A special cake for Captain Manure.
(c) His favorite green candle.
(d) An unmentionable brush.
3. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) The character's inner thoughts.
(b) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
(c) The unique relationship between characters.
(d) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
4. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
(a) Educational expo.
(b) Dinner party.
(c) Theater event.
(d) Talent show.
5. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
(a) They continue arguing.
(b) They become friendlier to each other.
(c) They pretend like the do not know each other.
(d) They use more vulgarity though it is in code.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
2. What does the king remind Pa that he has to come to?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
4. Who does Pa blame as he runs into the room to meet with the king?
5. Which of the following characters are the names of the soldiers who are helping with the plan to kill the king?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)