|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
(a) Plans to assassinate the king.
(b) Plans to kidnap and release the king.
(c) Plans to have Ma meet the king.
(d) Plans to ruin the king.
2. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
(a) Murder King Wenceslas.
(b) Make a plan and stick to it.
(c) Get a new job in Poland.
(d) Run for president of England.
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(b) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(c) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(d) When the play stops between acts.
4. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
(a) Pa punches Manure in the face.
(b) Pa walks away.
(c) Pa takes back his offer to make Manure a duke.
(d) Pa loses his temper.
5. How does Ma react to the exchange?
(a) She pushes Manure out of the door.
(b) She tries to calm Pa down.
(c) She verbally attacks Manure herself.
(d) She agrees with Manure and flees from Pa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
2. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
3. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
4. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
5. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)