|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
(a) He will prove his love for her.
(b) He will buy her a new house.
(c) He will become king.
(d) He will finally do something great.
2. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) His wife told him to behave this way.
(b) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
(c) He has a secret to share with the captain.
(d) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
3. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She will have to take drastic steps.
(b) She feels that he will never do it.
(c) She will have to find alternate strategies.
(d) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
4. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(a) Well-bred and arrogant.
5. What does Pa return with?
(a) Another dish Ma made.
(b) His favorite green candle.
(c) A special cake for Captain Manure.
(d) An unmentionable brush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
2. What do the guests complain about?
3. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
4. In what way is Pa violent?
5. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)