|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
(a) He is king.
(b) He is cowardly.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is poor.
2. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
(a) He is using language she doesn't want her guests to hear.
(b) He is calling her names.
(c) He is taking down the decorations that she put up.
(d) He is eating the food she is saving for her guests.
3. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(c) Well-bred and arrogant.
4. What does Pa do when no one leaves after he completes the first attempt?
(a) He overturns the table.
(b) He orders them out of his house.
(c) He throws food and swears at them.
(d) He walks out of the room and slams the door.
5. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(b) Relationships are the meaning of life.
(c) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
(d) Life and relationships are chaotic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
2. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
3. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
4. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
5. What do the guests complain about?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)