|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
(a) He is eating the food she is saving for her guests.
(b) He is calling her names.
(c) He is using language she doesn't want her guests to hear.
(d) He is taking down the decorations that she put up.
2. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
(a) Unfulfilled dreams.
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(b) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(c) When the play stops between acts.
(d) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
4. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
(a) Theater event.
(b) Dinner party.
(c) Talent show.
(d) Educational expo.
5. What does Pa do when no one leaves after he completes the first attempt?
(a) He throws food and swears at them.
(b) He walks out of the room and slams the door.
(c) He overturns the table.
(d) He orders them out of his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
2. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
4. What type of play is this?
5. In what way is Pa violent?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)