|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
(a) That the entire country will be better off.
(b) That he will become a duke.
(c) That he will give him a night with Ma.
(d) That he will pay him handsomely.
2. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
(a) How disgusting the food looks like.
(b) How ugly Ma is.
(c) How worthless Ma is.
(d) How Ma can do nothing right.
3. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
(a) How much it will cost.
(b) That there is nothing there that he likes.
(c) How long it took to make.
(d) That it doesn't taste very good.
4. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
(a) He will prove his love for her.
(b) He will become king.
(c) He will buy her a new house.
(d) He will finally do something great.
5. Which of the following is the best definition for a satire?
(a) A drama which occurs through a dream.
(b) Comedy with exaggeration and foolishness.
(c) Comedy without hope.
(d) A drama with death and violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
2. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
3. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
4. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
5. What does Pa do when no one leaves after he completes the first attempt?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)