|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(b) Life and relationships are chaotic.
(c) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
(d) Relationships are the meaning of life.
2. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
(a) That he must tell the king what Pa is planning.
(b) That he finds it interesting, but he needs more than being a duke.
(c) That Pa doesn't know what he is doing.
(d) That Pa can count on both Manure and his men.
3. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
(a) She is looking out for his best interests.
(b) She is manipulative.
(c) She wants him to go to jail.
(d) She cannot act this way herself.
4. What do the guests complain about?
(a) How bad the food is.
(b) How bizarre his behavior is.
(c) How often this happens at their house.
(d) How bad a host he is.
5. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
(a) He is taking down the decorations that she put up.
(b) He is eating the food she is saving for her guests.
(c) He is using language she doesn't want her guests to hear.
(d) He is calling her names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
2. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
3. What type of play is this?
4. How does Ma react to the exchange?
5. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)