|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
(b) His wife told him to behave this way.
(c) He has a secret to share with the captain.
(d) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
2. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
(a) That it doesn't taste very good.
(b) How long it took to make.
(c) That there is nothing there that he likes.
(d) How much it will cost.
3. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
(a) His need for better clothes.
(b) The type of language he uses.
(c) How bad he smells.
(d) His lack of appropriate manners.
4. What does Ma think will happen to her?
(a) She will be able to kill him.
(b) She will have to take charge of the situation.
(c) She will be queen.
(d) She will have money.
5. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
(a) Run for president of England.
(b) Murder King Wenceslas.
(c) Get a new job in Poland.
(d) Make a plan and stick to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
2. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
3. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
4. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
5. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)