|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
2. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
(a) That he must tell the king what Pa is planning.
(b) That he finds it interesting, but he needs more than being a duke.
(c) That Pa doesn't know what he is doing.
(d) That Pa can count on both Manure and his men.
3. What does Ma think will happen to her?
(a) She will be queen.
(b) She will be able to kill him.
(c) She will have to take charge of the situation.
(d) She will have money.
4. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) He has a secret to share with the captain.
(b) His wife told him to behave this way.
(c) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
(d) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
5. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is king.
(d) He is cowardly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
3. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
4. What does Pa return with?
5. In what way is Pa violent?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)