|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
(a) That he will give him a night with Ma.
(b) That the entire country will be better off.
(c) That he will become a duke.
(d) That he will pay him handsomely.
2. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
(a) That Pa can count on both Manure and his men.
(b) That he must tell the king what Pa is planning.
(c) That Pa doesn't know what he is doing.
(d) That he finds it interesting, but he needs more than being a duke.
3. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
(a) He throws the brush at the guests.
(b) He rubs it on their food.
(c) He puts it in Ma's hair.
(d) He uses it to pick his teeth.
4. Why does Pa want to get rid of all of the guests except Captain Manure?
(a) He knows the captain is sleeping with his wife.
(b) He wants to talk to the captain alone.
(c) His wife told him to behave this way.
(d) He has a secret to share with the captain.
5. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
(a) Plans to kidnap and release the king.
(b) Plans to ruin the king.
(c) Plans to assassinate the king.
(d) Plans to have Ma meet the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
2. What does Ma think will happen to her?
3. How does Ma react to the exchange?
4. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
5. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)