|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
(a) They continue arguing.
(b) They use more vulgarity though it is in code.
(c) They become friendlier to each other.
(d) They pretend like the do not know each other.
2. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
(a) Crude language.
(b) Lack of ambition.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Refusal to talk to her.
3. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(b) Well-bred and arrogant.
4. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She will have to take drastic steps.
(b) She feels that he will never do it.
(c) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
(d) She will have to find alternate strategies.
5. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
(a) He uses it to pick his teeth.
(b) He puts it in Ma's hair.
(c) He rubs it on their food.
(d) He throws the brush at the guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma Ubu want Pa to do?
2. What does Pa return with?
3. What type of play is this?
4. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
5. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)