|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
(a) That there is nothing there that he likes.
(b) How long it took to make.
(c) How much it will cost.
(d) That it doesn't taste very good.
2. What do the guests complain about?
(a) How bad the food is.
(b) How bizarre his behavior is.
(c) How bad a host he is.
(d) How often this happens at their house.
3. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
(a) How Ma can do nothing right.
(b) How disgusting the food looks like.
(c) How worthless Ma is.
(d) How ugly Ma is.
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
(a) He is cowardly.
(b) He is king.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is happy.
5. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
(b) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
(c) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(d) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
3. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
4. What does Pa do first to get rid of all of the guests except the captain?
5. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)