|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ma get angry with Pa?
(a) He is eating the food she is saving for her guests.
(b) He is using language she doesn't want her guests to hear.
(c) He is calling her names.
(d) He is taking down the decorations that she put up.
2. What do the guests complain about?
(a) How often this happens at their house.
(b) How bad the food is.
(c) How bizarre his behavior is.
(d) How bad a host he is.
3. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
(a) He will buy her a new house.
(b) He will become king.
(c) He will prove his love for her.
(d) He will finally do something great.
4. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
(a) She wants him to go to jail.
(b) She is manipulative.
(c) She is looking out for his best interests.
(d) She cannot act this way herself.
5. Which of the following best describes the characters in this play?
(d) Well-bred and arrogant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
2. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
3. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)