|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
(a) How ugly Ma is.
(b) How disgusting the food looks like.
(c) How Ma can do nothing right.
(d) How worthless Ma is.
2. Which of the following is one of the main themes of this play?
(a) It is through life and relationships that meaning can be drawn.
(b) Life and relationships are chaotic.
(c) Relationships are the meaning of life.
(d) Excessive natures are poor relationships.
3. Which of the is a synonym for epithet?
(d) Tombstone phrase.
4. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
(b) The unique relationship between characters.
(c) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
(d) The character's inner thoughts.
5. What is the main plot line in Act 1 of this play?
(b) Unfulfilled dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Pa violent?
2. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
3. How does Ma react to the exchange?
4. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
5. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)