|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
(a) Pa walks away.
(b) Pa takes back his offer to make Manure a duke.
(c) Pa punches Manure in the face.
(d) Pa loses his temper.
2. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
(a) Talk louder.
(c) Make fun of him.
3. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
(b) She will have to find alternate strategies.
(c) She will have to take drastic steps.
(d) She feels that he will never do it.
4. What does Pa complain about in regards to the menu?
(a) How long it took to make.
(b) That it doesn't taste very good.
(c) That there is nothing there that he likes.
(d) How much it will cost.
5. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(b) When the play stops between acts.
(c) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(d) When a play's characters pause for effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
2. How does Ma react to the exchange?
3. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
4. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
5. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)