|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ma feel obligated to encourage Pa to seek out his ambitions?
(a) She wants him to go to jail.
(b) She cannot act this way herself.
(c) She is looking out for his best interests.
(d) She is manipulative.
2. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
(a) How disgusting the food looks like.
(b) How Ma can do nothing right.
(c) How ugly Ma is.
(d) How worthless Ma is.
3. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
(a) That he finds it interesting, but he needs more than being a duke.
(b) That he must tell the king what Pa is planning.
(c) That Pa doesn't know what he is doing.
(d) That Pa can count on both Manure and his men.
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
(a) He is king.
(b) He is cowardly.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is poor.
5. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
(a) He starts to make a plan.
(b) He smacks her in the mouth.
(c) He cusses and tells her to shut up.
(d) He runs out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ma Ubu upset with Pa Ubu for?
2. What type of play is this?
3. How does Pa feel when he hears what Manure has to say?
4. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
5. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)