|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
(a) How Ma can do nothing right.
(b) How ugly Ma is.
(c) How disgusting the food looks like.
(d) How worthless Ma is.
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of the character Pa?
(a) He is king.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is cowardly.
3. What does Pa return with?
(a) His favorite green candle.
(b) An unmentionable brush.
(c) Another dish Ma made.
(d) A special cake for Captain Manure.
4. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(b) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(c) When the play stops between acts.
(d) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
5. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
(a) His need for better clothes.
(b) His lack of appropriate manners.
(c) How bad he smells.
(d) The type of language he uses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma think will happen to her?
2. What happens between Ma and Pa when the guests come in?
3. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
4. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
5. What does Ma think will happen if Pa succeeds with her plan?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)