|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 1, 2, and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the person give for wanting the king to change his mind?
(a) The king needs as many loyal people as possible near him.
(b) Pa is indeed a vulgar man and deserved what he got.
(c) It is not fair to punish the boy by missing the parade.
(d) All of the children should be present at such an event.
2. What does Manure say to Pa's suggestion?
(a) That Pa can count on both Manure and his men.
(b) That he must tell the king what Pa is planning.
(c) That he finds it interesting, but he needs more than being a duke.
(d) That Pa doesn't know what he is doing.
3. What does Buggerless say that he wants to do?
(a) Kill Manure.
(b) Keep his mother safe.
(c) Kill his brothers.
(d) Kill Pa.
4. What does Ma have to do to get Pa to pay attention to him?
(a) She has to kick him.
(b) She has to threaten him.
(c) She has to swear at him.
(d) She has to give him money.
5. What does Pa insist even though he ran away?
(a) He has defeated the Russian army.
(b) He wasn't afraid.
(c) He will be seen as a hero.
(d) He won the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma berate Pa for in Scene 8?
2. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
3. Where did Manure go?
4. What do the Captain and other guests do when Pa goes out?
5. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)