|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pa react to the news?
(a) He cries uncontrollable.
(b) He says he will kill him during the meeting.
(c) He verbally screams at Ma.
(d) He becomes cowardly.
2. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(b) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(c) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
(d) When the play stops between acts.
3. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
(a) He smacks her in the mouth.
(b) He runs out.
(c) He starts to make a plan.
(d) He cusses and tells her to shut up.
4. Which of the following describes how the language of the play opens?
(a) A language foreign to theEnglish speaking reader.
(b) Crudely filled with cursing and epithets.
(c) Eccentric and sometimes unintelligible language.
(d) Proper English mixed with some slang terms.
5. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
(a) Talent show.
(b) Theater event.
(c) Educational expo.
(d) Dinner party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the king punish Buggerless?
2. What type of play is this?
3. What does Buggerless do right after he witnesses the attack?
4. How does Buggerless respond to the punishment?
5. When the king says that he has complete trust in Pa Ubu, how do Rosamund and Buggerless respond?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)