|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the messenger bring to Ma and Pa?
(a) They are being summoned to meet the king.
(b) Manure needs to meet with them in private.
(c) Manure has brought them up on charges.
(d) They are being evicted from their home.
2. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
(a) That he will become a duke.
(b) That the entire country will be better off.
(c) That he will pay him handsomely.
(d) That he will give him a night with Ma.
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When the play stops between acts.
(b) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(c) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(d) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
4. What happens at the parade?
(a) Pa is forced to attack the king himself.
(b) Pa becomes too cowardly and does nothing.
(c) Pa gives the signal and the king is attacked.
(d) Pa is accidently killed.
5. What does Manure complain about in regards to Pa?
(a) The type of language he uses.
(b) His lack of appropriate manners.
(c) How bad he smells.
(d) His need for better clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa do when he he gets tired of hearing what Ma has to say?
2. What type of event are Ma and Pa hosting?
3. How does Ma react to the exchange?
4. What plans do Pa, Ma and the captain discuss?
5. What happens after Manure makes his complaint?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)