|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do soliloquys offer to the audience?
(a) Actions which can not be portrayed on a stage.
(b) Insight into motives of characters not introduced.
(c) The character's inner thoughts.
(d) The unique relationship between characters.
2. What happens when Rosamund tells Buggerless that she feels much safer?
(a) He sees his father killed.
(b) He sees his brothers chasing Pa.
(c) He sees his brothers being attacked.
(d) He sees Pa with the crown.
3. In what way is Pa violent?
4. How does Ma feel about her actions and success at convincing Pa to follow her plan?
(a) She feels that he will never do it.
(b) She will have to find alternate strategies.
(c) She will have to take drastic steps.
(d) She thinks she has almost persuaded.
5. Which of the following is the best definition of a soliloquy?
(a) When a character is talking to the audience and is alone.
(b) When a play's characters pause for effect.
(c) When the play stops between acts.
(d) When characters are giving speeches to other characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosamund indicate her concern is based on?
2. What does Pa make all of the participants do before they leave?
3. What does Pa offer to the captain in exchange for his help?
4. What does Pa joke about before he starts eating?
5. How does Pa react to the news?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)