Act 1, Scene 1
* The play opens with two characters, Ma and Pa Ubu, who are talking in a crude way.
* They use idiosyncratic curse words and epithets.
* Ma is yelling at Pa about his lack of ambition and telling him that she wants him to kill the king and his family so that he can be king.
* Pa alternates between being violent verbally and being a total coward.
* Eventually, he runs out.
* Ma then talks to the audience alone.
* She says that she thinks she has almost persuaded her husband to kill the king.
* She also hopes that very soon she will be the queen of Poland.
Act 1, Scenes 2, 3, and 4
* Ma is having a dinner party.
* Pa makes bad jokes about how ugly Ma is and starts eating the party food without permission.
* Ma gets angry that he is eating the food.
* The first guests arrive along with Captain...
This section contains 1,778 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)