|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date on the paper at Joe's con-apt?
2. Where was Jory's clothes from?
3. What does Mr. Bliss think about Joe and the rest of the employees of Runciter associates?
4. Who does Denny compare Joe to?
5. How old was the paper that was on the news stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
2. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
3. What point does Joe make that gives Runciter pause for thought?
4. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
5. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
6. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
7. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
8. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
9. How can Joe offer some clarity to the group?
10. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the differences between the world of Terra and our Earth. How are things run differently? How are they similar? In what regards is the world described in Ubik false?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the novel from a religious point of view. How many things in the novel express a lack of religion on the part of the author? What kind of things could allude to a religion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Pat as a primary antagonist in the story. What clues point to her as being the main force opposing the group of Runciter Associates? In what regard does she seem like the perfect adversary for Joe?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)