|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object did Joe and Al buy from the supermarket?
2. Who does Denny compare Joe to?
3. What is going to be the bigger problem?
4. What does the advertisement of Glen Runciter suggest?
5. What was different about the Carton that they had picked up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
2. How does Pat look at Joe?
3. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
4. What is wrong with Joe's theory, regarding how to stay alive and stop from being worn out?
5. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
6. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
7. What message was scrawled on the wall of the men's bathroom? How did Al interpret this?
8. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
9. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
10. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Take a closer look at Joe and Al's work relationship. How are the roles of Al and Joe similar? How do they differ? What is the purpose of their roles in the developing plot of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Pat and Jory. How are they alike? How are they different? What kind of nature does each character have? How do they compliment each other well?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the differences between the world of Terra and our Earth. How are things run differently? How are they similar? In what regards is the world described in Ubik false?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)