|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was exhausting to Jory?
2. What does Joe ask for on a whim?
3. What did Joe see that made him tell Joe not to get in the elevator?
4. How did Pat seem, watching Joe?
5. How old was the paper that was on the news stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Mr. Bliss do a double take?
2. How did Al know that he was next to die?
3. What is wrong with Joe's theory, regarding how to stay alive and stop from being worn out?
4. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
5. Why does Ella help Joe?
6. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
7. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
8. Why couldn't Joe kill Jory?
9. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
10. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Pat's fascination with her own power. How does it lead her into trouble later on? For what reasons does this power provide Pat with a false sense of security?
Essay Topic 2
Provide reasons for the decay of the life around a half-lifer. Why isn't the decay relative to the person in half life? How was it that the entire group of inertials experienced exactly the same decay?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the differences between the world of Terra and our Earth. How are things run differently? How are they similar? In what regards is the world described in Ubik false?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)