|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the package in Joe's mail box?
2. What did the person waiting in Joe's room give him?
3. What did the Ubik revert to?
4. What object did Joe and Al buy from the supermarket?
5. Who was waiting for Joe in his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
2. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
3. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
4. How can Joe offer some clarity to the group?
5. How does Pat look at Joe?
6. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
7. What is wrong with Joe's theory, regarding how to stay alive and stop from being worn out?
8. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
9. What point does Joe make that gives Runciter pause for thought?
10. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the manifestations of Jory throughout the novel. When Matt and Bill appear to Tippy, what does this suggest about the state of the characters? How does this compare to the Matrix?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pat as a primary antagonist in the story. What clues point to her as being the main force opposing the group of Runciter Associates? In what regard does she seem like the perfect adversary for Joe?
Essay Topic 3
If the sensation of touch is a sense that is entirely related to the body, why is it that the people in half life experience physical sensations like touch? Provide an explanation as to why they wouldn't feel as though they were in a dream.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)