|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe ask for on a whim?
2. What was Joe's reward for climbing the stairs?
3. Why didn't Joe take the elevator?
4. Why did Joe realize that it would be impossible to make the transition to live in this time frame?
5. What is the name of the Ubik representative?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pat look at Joe?
2. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
3. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
4. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
5. How did Al know that he was next to die?
6. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
7. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
8. What point does Joe make that gives Runciter pause for thought?
9. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
10. What message was scrawled on the wall of the men's bathroom? How did Al interpret this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide reasons for the decay of the life around a half-lifer. Why isn't the decay relative to the person in half life? How was it that the entire group of inertials experienced exactly the same decay?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Joe's confidence increases throughout the novel. What are the circumstances that increase this confidence? How does he choose to exercise this newfound confidence?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Pat's fascination with her own power. How does it lead her into trouble later on? For what reasons does this power provide Pat with a false sense of security?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)