|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date on the paper at Joe's con-apt?
2. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
3. What was different about the Carton that they had picked up?
4. Where is the amphetamine dispenser?
5. Who does Joe meet on the way to the Matador?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
2. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
3. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
4. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
5. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
6. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
7. How does Pat look at Joe?
8. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
9. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
10. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although this book is set in 1992, explain some technological differences that existed in Ubik and the real world of 1992. What kinds of things are still the products of science fiction? What kinds of things are reality now?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the novel from a religious point of view. How many things in the novel express a lack of religion on the part of the author? What kind of things could allude to a religion?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Pat and Jory. How are they alike? How are they different? What kind of nature does each character have? How do they compliment each other well?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)