|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
2. Why won't Herbert von Vogelsang move people out of the reach of Jory?
3. How long had Glen tried to reach his people in cold pac?
4. Who is paying for everything?
5. What picture remained on the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
2. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
3. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
4. What message was scrawled on the wall of the men's bathroom? How did Al interpret this?
5. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
6. What is wrong with Joe's theory, regarding how to stay alive and stop from being worn out?
7. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
8. How did Al know that he was next to die?
9. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
10. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide reasons for the decay of the life around a half-lifer. Why isn't the decay relative to the person in half life? How was it that the entire group of inertials experienced exactly the same decay?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the society of Terra from a social viewpoint. What kinds of products or services would rate the highest for its popularity? Why? What kinds of services could be provided, and how would this jeopardize our normal way of life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the product Ubik. What kind of product is it? In layman's terms, what does it do? What is the objective of its regression? Why doesn't it serve Joe at all as a Liver and Kidney Balm?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)