|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Joe supposed to go?
2. What is the name of the newscaster?
3. Where was Jory's clothes from?
4. What is the only perceivable problem according to Joe?
5. Why won't Herbert von Vogelsang move people out of the reach of Jory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Al know that he was next to die?
2. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
3. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
4. What point does Joe make that gives Runciter pause for thought?
5. Why couldn't Joe kill Jory?
6. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
7. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
8. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
9. Why does Ella help Joe?
10. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Joe and Wendy as a couple. How did they compliment each other? Use evidence from the book. Provide an explanation as to why Joe didn't ask Wendy out.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jory as a deity. In what way is he a god in the half life world? In what way is he like the god of the underworld? In what ways does he closely resemble a god?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Joe's confidence increases throughout the novel. What are the circumstances that increase this confidence? How does he choose to exercise this newfound confidence?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)