|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the amphetamine dispenser?
2. What of these appliances hadn't disappeared from Joe's con-apt?
3. What is the name of the newscaster?
4. Why didn't Joe want to get in the elevator?
5. What is the only perceivable problem according to Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
2. Why does Ella help Joe?
3. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
4. How does Pat look at Joe?
5. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
6. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
7. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
8. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
9. How did Al know that he was next to die?
10. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Pat as a primary antagonist in the story. What clues point to her as being the main force opposing the group of Runciter Associates? In what regard does she seem like the perfect adversary for Joe?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the product Ubik. What kind of product is it? In layman's terms, what does it do? What is the objective of its regression? Why doesn't it serve Joe at all as a Liver and Kidney Balm?
Essay Topic 3
Provide reasons for the decay of the life around a half-lifer. Why isn't the decay relative to the person in half life? How was it that the entire group of inertials experienced exactly the same decay?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)