|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was exhausting to Jory?
2. What is going to be the bigger problem?
3. What picture remained on the wall?
4. Who does Joe now suspect is at work to destroy them?
5. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
2. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
3. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
4. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
5. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
6. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
7. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
8. How does Pat look at Joe?
9. How can Joe offer some clarity to the group?
10. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the novel from a religious point of view. How many things in the novel express a lack of religion on the part of the author? What kind of things could allude to a religion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Joe and Wendy as a couple. How did they compliment each other? Use evidence from the book. Provide an explanation as to why Joe didn't ask Wendy out.
Essay Topic 3
If the sensation of touch is a sense that is entirely related to the body, why is it that the people in half life experience physical sensations like touch? Provide an explanation as to why they wouldn't feel as though they were in a dream.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)