|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did G.G. Ashwood tell Pat about Joe?
2. What had Joe's stove reverted to?
3. Under what circumstance is someone to report to Joe or Don?
4. Who does Joe meet on the way to the Matador?
5. What is the name of the newscaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Joe's theory, regarding how to stay alive and stop from being worn out?
2. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
3. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
4. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
5. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
6. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
7. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
8. Why does Ella help Joe?
9. How does Pat look at Joe?
10. How can Joe offer some clarity to the group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jory as a deity. In what way is he a god in the half life world? In what way is he like the god of the underworld? In what ways does he closely resemble a god?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Stanton Mick. Although he is represented as being a humanoid bomb, he is also represented as being solicitous by putting the crew of the prudence organization in half life. Explain Stanton Mick's role in Ubik.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the creation of Ubik in this book by the people in half life. How is it possible to create something from a half life form? How could this have been possible with Jory's interference?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)