|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the church official speaking at the funeral?
2. What does the advertisement of Glen Runciter suggest?
3. Why didn't Joe want to get in the elevator?
4. What does Mr. Bliss think about Joe and the rest of the employees of Runciter associates?
5. What is the name of the place where Runciter was brought after the Beloved Brethren?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
2. What made Mr. Bliss do a double take?
3. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
4. How does Pat look at Joe?
5. What message was scrawled on the wall of the men's bathroom? How did Al interpret this?
6. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
7. Why does Ella help Joe?
8. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
9. What point does Joe make that gives Runciter pause for thought?
10. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Joe's confidence increases throughout the novel. What are the circumstances that increase this confidence? How does he choose to exercise this newfound confidence?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the manifestations of Jory throughout the novel. When Matt and Bill appear to Tippy, what does this suggest about the state of the characters? How does this compare to the Matrix?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jory as a deity. In what way is he a god in the half life world? In what way is he like the god of the underworld? In what ways does he closely resemble a god?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)