|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newscaster?
2. What object did Joe and Al buy from the supermarket?
3. What does Al think will help?
4. What was the name of the pilot that might be interested in making the trade with Joe?
5. What did Joe ask Pat for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
2. What message was scrawled on the wall of the men's bathroom? How did Al interpret this?
3. How did Al know that he was next to die?
4. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
5. How does Pat look at Joe?
6. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
7. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
8. Why does Ella help Joe?
9. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
10. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the manifestations of Jory throughout the novel. When Matt and Bill appear to Tippy, what does this suggest about the state of the characters? How does this compare to the Matrix?
Essay Topic 2
Take a closer look at Joe and Al's work relationship. How are the roles of Al and Joe similar? How do they differ? What is the purpose of their roles in the developing plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Pat as a primary antagonist in the story. What clues point to her as being the main force opposing the group of Runciter Associates? In what regard does she seem like the perfect adversary for Joe?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)