|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the church official speaking at the funeral?
2. Where do the boys plan on going?
3. How does graffiti convey meaning?
4. Who does Joe meet on the way to the Matador?
5. What isn't natural about being in Cold pac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
2. Why does Ella help Joe?
3. What message was scrawled on the wall of the men's bathroom? How did Al interpret this?
4. What point does Joe make that gives Runciter pause for thought?
5. How can Joe offer some clarity to the group?
6. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
7. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
8. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
9. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
10. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the creation of Ubik in this book by the people in half life. How is it possible to create something from a half life form? How could this have been possible with Jory's interference?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Joe and Wendy as a couple. How did they compliment each other? Use evidence from the book. Provide an explanation as to why Joe didn't ask Wendy out.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of human rights on Terra. How would it be different than the concept of human rights here on Earth? What kinds of things would have to change in our society for rights to be as liberal as they are on Terra?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)