|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date on the paper at Joe's con-apt?
2. Where was Joe supposed to go?
3. What does the advertisement of Glen Runciter suggest?
4. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
5. What is happening to Al's perception?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although this book is set in 1992, explain some technological differences that existed in Ubik and the real world of 1992. What kinds of things are still the products of science fiction? What kinds of things are reality now?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pat as a primary antagonist in the story. What clues point to her as being the main force opposing the group of Runciter Associates? In what regard does she seem like the perfect adversary for Joe?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the society of Terra from a social viewpoint. What kinds of products or services would rate the highest for its popularity? Why? What kinds of services could be provided, and how would this jeopardize our normal way of life?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)