|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is going to be the bigger problem?
2. What does Mr. Bliss think about Joe and the rest of the employees of Runciter associates?
3. What was the name of the pilot that might be interested in making the trade with Joe?
4. What is the name of the place where Runciter was brought after the Beloved Brethren?
5. Where is the amphetamine dispenser?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
2. What made Mr. Bliss do a double take?
3. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
4. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
5. Why does Ella help Joe?
6. What is wrong with Joe's theory, regarding how to stay alive and stop from being worn out?
7. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
8. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
9. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
10. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jory as a deity. In what way is he a god in the half life world? In what way is he like the god of the underworld? In what ways does he closely resemble a god?
Essay Topic 2
Although this book is set in 1992, explain some technological differences that existed in Ubik and the real world of 1992. What kinds of things are still the products of science fiction? What kinds of things are reality now?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Joe and Wendy as a couple. How did they compliment each other? Use evidence from the book. Provide an explanation as to why Joe didn't ask Wendy out.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)