|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joe compare the appearance of his skin to?
2. What was different about the Carton that they had picked up?
3. What object did Joe and Al buy from the supermarket?
4. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
5. What is happening to Al's perception?
Essay Topic 1
If the sensation of touch is a sense that is entirely related to the body, why is it that the people in half life experience physical sensations like touch? Provide an explanation as to why they wouldn't feel as though they were in a dream.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jory as a deity. In what way is he a god in the half life world? In what way is he like the god of the underworld? In what ways does he closely resemble a god?
Essay Topic 3
Take a closer look at Joe and Al's work relationship. How are the roles of Al and Joe similar? How do they differ? What is the purpose of their roles in the developing plot of the story?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)