|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car was awaiting Joe?
2. What is the name of the newscaster?
3. Where was Joe supposed to go?
4. Under what circumstance is someone to report to Joe or Don?
5. What was different about the Carton that they had picked up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pat look at Joe?
2. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
3. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
4. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
5. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
6. What made Mr. Bliss do a double take?
7. Why couldn't Joe kill Jory?
8. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
9. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
10. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Stanton Mick. Although he is represented as being a humanoid bomb, he is also represented as being solicitous by putting the crew of the prudence organization in half life. Explain Stanton Mick's role in Ubik.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of human rights on Terra. How would it be different than the concept of human rights here on Earth? What kinds of things would have to change in our society for rights to be as liberal as they are on Terra?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the manifestations of Jory throughout the novel. When Matt and Bill appear to Tippy, what does this suggest about the state of the characters? How does this compare to the Matrix?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)