|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date on the paper at Joe's con-apt?
2. Who was it that stood in Don Denny's place?
3. Where is the amphetamine dispenser?
4. What was Joe's reward for climbing the stairs?
5. What did Joe see that made him tell Joe not to get in the elevator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
2. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
3. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
4. Why couldn't Joe kill Jory?
5. Why does Ella help Joe?
6. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
7. How can Joe offer some clarity to the group?
8. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
9. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
10. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Pat as a primary antagonist in the story. What clues point to her as being the main force opposing the group of Runciter Associates? In what regard does she seem like the perfect adversary for Joe?
Essay Topic 2
If the sensation of touch is a sense that is entirely related to the body, why is it that the people in half life experience physical sensations like touch? Provide an explanation as to why they wouldn't feel as though they were in a dream.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Pat and Jory. How are they alike? How are they different? What kind of nature does each character have? How do they compliment each other well?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)