|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was it that stood in Don Denny's place?
2. What did Joe see that made him tell Joe not to get in the elevator?
3. What did Joe get to want more than anything?
4. What was the name of the pilot that might be interested in making the trade with Joe?
5. Who died in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
2. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
3. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
4. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
5. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
6. What made Mr. Bliss do a double take?
7. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
8. What message was scrawled on the wall of the men's bathroom? How did Al interpret this?
9. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
10. How did Al know that he was next to die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Pat as a primary antagonist in the story. What clues point to her as being the main force opposing the group of Runciter Associates? In what regard does she seem like the perfect adversary for Joe?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the society of Terra from a social viewpoint. What kinds of products or services would rate the highest for its popularity? Why? What kinds of services could be provided, and how would this jeopardize our normal way of life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Joe's confidence increases throughout the novel. What are the circumstances that increase this confidence? How does he choose to exercise this newfound confidence?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)