|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Joe supposed to go?
2. What is the recommended restaurant?
3. Who does Joe now suspect is at work to destroy them?
4. What is the name of the place where Runciter was brought after the Beloved Brethren?
5. What did Joe compare the appearance of his skin to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
2. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
3. Why couldn't Joe kill Jory?
4. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
5. What is wrong with Joe's theory, regarding how to stay alive and stop from being worn out?
6. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
7. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
8. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
9. How does Pat look at Joe?
10. How can Joe offer some clarity to the group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pat and Jory. How are they alike? How are they different? What kind of nature does each character have? How do they compliment each other well?
Essay Topic 2
If the sensation of touch is a sense that is entirely related to the body, why is it that the people in half life experience physical sensations like touch? Provide an explanation as to why they wouldn't feel as though they were in a dream.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Pat's fascination with her own power. How does it lead her into trouble later on? For what reasons does this power provide Pat with a false sense of security?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)