|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person waiting in Joe's room give him?
2. What racist term does Joe hear used that he had never heard before?
3. Who is the church official speaking at the funeral?
4. How does graffiti convey meaning?
5. What is the name of the place where Runciter was brought after the Beloved Brethren?
Short Essay Questions
1. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
2. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
3. How does Pat look at Joe?
4. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
5. What is wrong with Joe's theory, regarding how to stay alive and stop from being worn out?
6. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
7. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
8. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
9. How did Al know that he was next to die?
10. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pat and Jory. How are they alike? How are they different? What kind of nature does each character have? How do they compliment each other well?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the product Ubik. What kind of product is it? In layman's terms, what does it do? What is the objective of its regression? Why doesn't it serve Joe at all as a Liver and Kidney Balm?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jory as a deity. In what way is he a god in the half life world? In what way is he like the god of the underworld? In what ways does he closely resemble a god?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)