|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only visible thing that Pat retained from the different time track?
2. What floor was Glen's office on?
3. Who is mortally injured in the explosion?
4. What was the second symbol Joe drew?
5. How many telepaths were possibly in the workplace of Miss Wirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe get money from the Moratorium owner?
2. What kinds of things does Ms. Wirt explain is on the map?
3. Why was Jory able to permeate Ella's conversation?
4. How did Mr. Runciter reveal that he knew who the person was that was financing Ms. Wirt's enterprise?
5. Why is it a sound business idea that Mr. Runciter sells his services to Ms. Wirt?
6. Why does Glen believe that he has figured out where the lot of Hollis' best PSI's have gotten to?
7. Why couldn't Pat have given Joe the money before he tested her?
8. How does Mr. Runciter find out who Ms. Wirt's employer is, and why is this information valuable to him?
9. Why is there speculation that the prudence organization could be a racket?
10. Why can't Pat put things back entirely the way they were?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the differences between the world of Terra and our Earth. How are things run differently? How are they similar? In what regards is the world described in Ubik false?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pat as a primary antagonist in the story. What clues point to her as being the main force opposing the group of Runciter Associates? In what regard does she seem like the perfect adversary for Joe?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Pat and Jory. How are they alike? How are they different? What kind of nature does each character have? How do they compliment each other well?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)