|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many minutes did Joe ask for when he realized a woman was there?
2. Who did the hidden button call?
3. How much was Joe's coffee?
4. How many days did Runciter have to notify the Society that some of the missing PSIs had been found?
5. Who remembered the manager's name of the Beloved Brethren Moratorium?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ella explain half-life, and why did Ella believe that he would never fully understand it?
2. Why is there speculation that the prudence organization could be a racket?
3. What is an Artiforg and what does it do?
4. Why does Joe Chip believe that he was selected to keep the prudence organizations going?
5. How does Joe find out that a woman was in the suite with him the previous night?
6. Why does Bill say he likes Tippy? What does he do following this declaration?
7. How did Mr. Runciter reveal that he knew who the person was that was financing Ms. Wirt's enterprise?
8. Why would Ella not like to be in isolation?
9. What was interesting to note about Sammy Mundo?
10. In what way(s) did Pat change reality for the group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide reasons for the decay of the life around a half-lifer. Why isn't the decay relative to the person in half life? How was it that the entire group of inertials experienced exactly the same decay?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jory as a deity. In what way is he a god in the half life world? In what way is he like the god of the underworld? In what ways does he closely resemble a god?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the product Ubik. What kind of product is it? In layman's terms, what does it do? What is the objective of its regression? Why doesn't it serve Joe at all as a Liver and Kidney Balm?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)