|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do people pay for the dispatch of psychological intrusions?
2. What shape were Ms. Wirts' glasses?
3. What is "night coming" a euphemism for?
4. What was Pat's "engagement" ring made of?
5. Where was the poetry from that was recited in Tippy's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe guess was going to happen to all of them and why?
2. Why does Bill say he likes Tippy? What does he do following this declaration?
3. What is the unique feature about Joe's apartment that is different from apartments we know?
4. What typo is in this chapter?
5. Why does Joe Chip believe that he was selected to keep the prudence organizations going?
6. What is the reason to fear the telepaths, according to the anti-PSI agency?
7. What was interesting to note about Sammy Mundo?
8. What kinds of things does Ms. Wirt explain is on the map?
9. What is an Artiforg and what does it do?
10. Provide reasons as to why Joe Chip is stressed in this chapter.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Pat as a primary antagonist in the story. What clues point to her as being the main force opposing the group of Runciter Associates? In what regard does she seem like the perfect adversary for Joe?
Essay Topic 2
The major motion picture "Matrix" gained a lot of inspiration from this novel. Compare Ubik to the Matrix. What similarities are present? What are some major differences? How is Neo like Joe? How are the two characters different?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of human rights on Terra. How would it be different than the concept of human rights here on Earth? What kinds of things would have to change in our society for rights to be as liberal as they are on Terra?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)