|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what form was the tranquilizer given to Joe to consume?
2. How much does the door charge to open?
3. Who is it that Joe wants to talk to?
4. How is it "too late" for Ella?
5. How much was Joe's coffee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there speculation that the prudence organization could be a racket?
2. Why can't Pat put things back entirely the way they were?
3. What is an Artiforg and what does it do?
4. How did Joe think that Stanton Mick's voice sounded?
5. Why did Joe want to clean his conapt?
6. Why does Bill say he likes Tippy? What does he do following this declaration?
7. How does Mr. Runciter find out who Ms. Wirt's employer is, and why is this information valuable to him?
8. Why does Glen believe that he has figured out where the lot of Hollis' best PSI's have gotten to?
9. In what state does Joe find Wendy?
10. What was interesting to note about Sammy Mundo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Joe's confidence increases throughout the novel. What are the circumstances that increase this confidence? How does he choose to exercise this newfound confidence?
Essay Topic 2
If the sensation of touch is a sense that is entirely related to the body, why is it that the people in half life experience physical sensations like touch? Provide an explanation as to why they wouldn't feel as though they were in a dream.
Essay Topic 3
The major motion picture "Matrix" gained a lot of inspiration from this novel. Compare Ubik to the Matrix. What similarities are present? What are some major differences? How is Neo like Joe? How are the two characters different?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)