Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the poetry from that was recited in Tippy's dream?
2. What is "night coming" a euphemism for?
3. Who is it that Joe wants to talk to?
4. Which word best describes the room Joe is in?
5. What was the day in which the half-lifers were publicly honored?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
2. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
3. Under what terms is Pat hired?
4. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
5. Why was Jory able to permeate Ella's conversation?
6. What is the unique feature about Joe's apartment that is different from apartments we know?
7. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
8. Why does Joe Chip believe that he was selected to keep the prudence organizations going?
9. What typo is in this chapter?
10. What was interesting to note about Sammy Mundo?
Discuss Joe and Wendy as a couple. How did they compliment each other? Use evidence from the book. Provide an explanation as to why Joe didn't ask Wendy out.
Discuss the concept of human rights on Terra. How would it be different than the concept of human rights here on Earth? What kinds of things would have to change in our society for rights to be as liberal as they are on Terra?
Examine the differences between the world of Terra and our Earth. How are things run differently? How are they similar? In what regards is the world described in Ubik false?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)