|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What level of blr units of telepathic aura does Melipone emanate?
2. Where is Mr. Runciter's dead wife located?
3. What had Joe and Mr. Runciter decided on?
4. What was considered fashionable?
5. What best describes the advert that Mr. Runciter helped to write?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things does Ms. Wirt explain is on the map?
2. How does Joe get money from the Moratorium owner?
3. What is a half-life?
4. Why was Jory able to permeate Ella's conversation?
5. Why is there speculation that the prudence organization could be a racket?
6. Why are Anti-PSI talents necessary?
7. Why couldn't Pat have given Joe the money before he tested her?
8. Why can't Pat put things back entirely the way they were?
9. In what way(s) did Pat change reality for the group?
10. Why does Glen believe that he has figured out where the lot of Hollis' best PSI's have gotten to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the differences between the world of Terra and our Earth. How are things run differently? How are they similar? In what regards is the world described in Ubik false?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the product Ubik. What kind of product is it? In layman's terms, what does it do? What is the objective of its regression? Why doesn't it serve Joe at all as a Liver and Kidney Balm?
Essay Topic 3
Although this book is set in 1992, explain some technological differences that existed in Ubik and the real world of 1992. What kinds of things are still the products of science fiction? What kinds of things are reality now?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)