|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many telepaths did Mr. Runciter say that he wanted to send to this location?
2. How much did Mr. Runciter offer her to join the company?
3. How much longer is the half-lifespan of an individual in a Swiss Moratorium as opposed to an American one?
4. What shape were Ms. Wirts' glasses?
5. Who did Joe identify was the owner of the voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was activating Ella a sin against her?
2. How did the author describe Hollis?
3. Why couldn't Pat have given Joe the money before he tested her?
4. How does Ella explain half-life, and why did Ella believe that he would never fully understand it?
5. What does Joe guess was going to happen to all of them and why?
6. Why does Bill say he likes Tippy? What does he do following this declaration?
7. Why are Anti-PSI talents necessary?
8. Why was Jory able to permeate Ella's conversation?
9. How does Joe get money from the Moratorium owner?
10. How does Joe find out that a woman was in the suite with him the previous night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Take a closer look at Joe and Al's work relationship. How are the roles of Al and Joe similar? How do they differ? What is the purpose of their roles in the developing plot of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the repeated references to cigarettes in this novel. How does this relate to the culture of the day in which the novel was written? How have things changed in regards to the references to smoking in literature?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the novel from a religious point of view. How many things in the novel express a lack of religion on the part of the author? What kind of things could allude to a religion?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)