|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose face is on the back of present dated currency?
2. Why couldn't Mr. Runciter talk to his wife in the lounge?
3. What color is the light that Ella keeps moving towards?
4. What allowed Tippy to sleep for hours and days on end?
5. Which word best describes the room Joe is in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what terms is Pat hired?
2. How does Ella explain half-life, and why did Ella believe that he would never fully understand it?
3. How did the author describe Hollis?
4. What is a half-life?
5. What was interesting to note about Sammy Mundo?
6. Why did Runciter immediately want to pack everything up?
7. Why is it a sound business idea that Mr. Runciter sells his services to Ms. Wirt?
8. Why can't Pat put things back entirely the way they were?
9. Provide reasons as to why Joe Chip is stressed in this chapter.
10. How did Mr. Runciter reveal that he knew who the person was that was financing Ms. Wirt's enterprise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jory as a deity. In what way is he a god in the half life world? In what way is he like the god of the underworld? In what ways does he closely resemble a god?
Essay Topic 2
The major motion picture "Matrix" gained a lot of inspiration from this novel. Compare Ubik to the Matrix. What similarities are present? What are some major differences? How is Neo like Joe? How are the two characters different?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Stanton Mick. Although he is represented as being a humanoid bomb, he is also represented as being solicitous by putting the crew of the prudence organization in half life. Explain Stanton Mick's role in Ubik.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)