|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat explained that she was the anti______.
2. What did the second symbol mean?
3. Who is mortally injured in the explosion?
4. What shape were Ms. Wirts' glasses?
5. What wasn't on Al Hammond's list?
Short Essay Questions
1. Provide reasons as to why Joe Chip is stressed in this chapter.
2. In what way(s) did Pat change reality for the group?
3. Why did Joe want to clean his conapt?
4. What is the unique feature about Joe's apartment that is different from apartments we know?
5. How did Mr. Runciter reveal that he knew who the person was that was financing Ms. Wirt's enterprise?
6. What is an Artiforg and what does it do?
7. Why does Glen believe that he has figured out where the lot of Hollis' best PSI's have gotten to?
8. Why couldn't Pat have given Joe the money before he tested her?
9. Why is there speculation that the prudence organization could be a racket?
10. Under what terms is Pat hired?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Stanton Mick. Although he is represented as being a humanoid bomb, he is also represented as being solicitous by putting the crew of the prudence organization in half life. Explain Stanton Mick's role in Ubik.
Essay Topic 2
Provide reasons for the decay of the life around a half-lifer. Why isn't the decay relative to the person in half life? How was it that the entire group of inertials experienced exactly the same decay?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the society of Terra from a social viewpoint. What kinds of products or services would rate the highest for its popularity? Why? What kinds of services could be provided, and how would this jeopardize our normal way of life?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)