|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Joe lived in the conapt?
2. How many telepaths were possibly in the workplace of Miss Wirt?
3. Which word best describes the room Joe is in?
4. How many times had he woken Ella in the past?
5. Who was it that Joe was infatuated with?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way(s) did Pat change reality for the group?
2. How does Joe find out that a woman was in the suite with him the previous night?
3. Why is there speculation that the prudence organization could be a racket?
4. How did the author describe Hollis?
5. Why does Joe Chip believe that he was selected to keep the prudence organizations going?
6. In what state does Joe find Wendy?
7. How does Ella explain half-life, and why did Ella believe that he would never fully understand it?
8. Why is it a sound business idea that Mr. Runciter sells his services to Ms. Wirt?
9. Why does Bill say he likes Tippy? What does he do following this declaration?
10. What is the unique feature about Joe's apartment that is different from apartments we know?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the product Ubik. What kind of product is it? In layman's terms, what does it do? What is the objective of its regression? Why doesn't it serve Joe at all as a Liver and Kidney Balm?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Pat and Jory. How are they alike? How are they different? What kind of nature does each character have? How do they compliment each other well?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Stanton Mick. Although he is represented as being a humanoid bomb, he is also represented as being solicitous by putting the crew of the prudence organization in half life. Explain Stanton Mick's role in Ubik.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)