|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the second symbol mean?
2. What was it called that blew up?
3. What color is the light that Ella keeps moving towards?
4. Why couldn't Mr. Runciter talk to his wife in the lounge?
5. What was the second symbol Joe drew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Jory able to permeate Ella's conversation?
2. Under what terms is Pat hired?
3. Why would Ella not like to be in isolation?
4. Why is there speculation that the prudence organization could be a racket?
5. What is an Artiforg and what does it do?
6. Why can't Pat put things back entirely the way they were?
7. Why is it a sound business idea that Mr. Runciter sells his services to Ms. Wirt?
8. Why are Anti-PSI talents necessary?
9. Why was activating Ella a sin against her?
10. Why does Glen believe that he has figured out where the lot of Hollis' best PSI's have gotten to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The major motion picture "Matrix" gained a lot of inspiration from this novel. Compare Ubik to the Matrix. What similarities are present? What are some major differences? How is Neo like Joe? How are the two characters different?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the society of Terra from a social viewpoint. What kinds of products or services would rate the highest for its popularity? Why? What kinds of services could be provided, and how would this jeopardize our normal way of life?
Essay Topic 3
Although this book is set in 1992, explain some technological differences that existed in Ubik and the real world of 1992. What kinds of things are still the products of science fiction? What kinds of things are reality now?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)