|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's an artiforg?
2. What did the tattoo on Pat's arm say?
3. What did Wendy ask?
4. Who was in the closet?
5. How old is Ella?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the author describe Hollis?
2. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
3. Why would Ella not like to be in isolation?
4. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
5. How did Al know that he was next to die?
6. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
7. In what state does Joe find Wendy?
8. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
9. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
10. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the creation of Ubik in this book by the people in half life. How is it possible to create something from a half life form? How could this have been possible with Jory's interference?
Essay Topic 2
Provide reasons for the decay of the life around a half-lifer. Why isn't the decay relative to the person in half life? How was it that the entire group of inertials experienced exactly the same decay?
Essay Topic 3
Although this book is set in 1992, explain some technological differences that existed in Ubik and the real world of 1992. What kinds of things are still the products of science fiction? What kinds of things are reality now?
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)