Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the poetry from that was recited in Tippy's dream?
2. What is "night coming" a euphemism for?
3. Who is it that Joe wants to talk to?
4. Which word best describes the room Joe is in?
5. What was the day in which the half-lifers were publicly honored?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
2. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
3. Under what terms is Pat hired?
4. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
5. Why was Jory able to permeate Ella's conversation?
6. What is the unique feature about Joe's apartment that is different from apartments we know?
7. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
8. Why does Joe Chip believe that he was selected to keep the prudence organizations going?
9. What typo is in this chapter?
10. What was interesting to note about Sammy Mundo?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the creation of Ubik in this book by the people in half life. How is it possible to create something from a half life form? How could this have been possible with Jory's interference?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Pat's fascination with her own power. How does it lead her into trouble later on? For what reasons does this power provide Pat with a false sense of security?
Essay Topic 3
If the sensation of touch is a sense that is entirely related to the body, why is it that the people in half life experience physical sensations like touch? Provide an explanation as to why they wouldn't feel as though they were in a dream.
This section contains 1,409 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)