|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat do at the Kibbutz?
2. Who was it that Joe was infatuated with?
3. What was the name of the ship that was to take them to Luna?
4. Why couldn't Pat have gone back in time to save Mr. Runciter?
5. Why doesn't Glen wake up his wife more often?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Ella not like to be in isolation?
2. Why are Anti-PSI talents necessary?
3. Under what terms is Pat hired?
4. What was interesting to note about Sammy Mundo?
5. Why did Runciter immediately want to pack everything up?
6. Why was Jory able to permeate Ella's conversation?
7. What is a half-life?
8. What is the unique feature about Joe's apartment that is different from apartments we know?
9. How did Joe think that Stanton Mick's voice sounded?
10. What kinds of things does Ms. Wirt explain is on the map?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide reasons for the decay of the life around a half-lifer. Why isn't the decay relative to the person in half life? How was it that the entire group of inertials experienced exactly the same decay?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Joe and Wendy as a couple. How did they compliment each other? Use evidence from the book. Provide an explanation as to why Joe didn't ask Wendy out.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the product Ubik. What kind of product is it? In layman's terms, what does it do? What is the objective of its regression? Why doesn't it serve Joe at all as a Liver and Kidney Balm?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)