|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Mr. Runciter want the adds for the prudence organizations to run on TV?
2. How much longer is the half-lifespan of an individual in a Swiss Moratorium as opposed to an American one?
3. How many minutes did Joe ask for when he realized a woman was there?
4. Who else had a similar experience to Tippy while asleep?
5. Who is it that Joe wants to talk to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way(s) did Pat change reality for the group?
2. Why would Ella not like to be in isolation?
3. What kinds of things does Ms. Wirt explain is on the map?
4. What is the unique feature about Joe's apartment that is different from apartments we know?
5. What is an Artiforg and what does it do?
6. Why does Bill say he likes Tippy? What does he do following this declaration?
7. How does Ella explain half-life, and why did Ella believe that he would never fully understand it?
8. Why is there speculation that the prudence organization could be a racket?
9. Provide reasons as to why Joe Chip is stressed in this chapter.
10. Why can't Pat put things back entirely the way they were?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Pat as a primary antagonist in the story. What clues point to her as being the main force opposing the group of Runciter Associates? In what regard does she seem like the perfect adversary for Joe?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jory as a deity. In what way is he a god in the half life world? In what way is he like the god of the underworld? In what ways does he closely resemble a god?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Pat's fascination with her own power. How does it lead her into trouble later on? For what reasons does this power provide Pat with a false sense of security?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)