|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the manager of the Moratorium's name mean?
2. What is the first piece of advice that Ella gives Glen?
3. How much longer is the half-lifespan of an individual in a Swiss Moratorium as opposed to an American one?
4. What best describes the advert that Mr. Runciter helped to write?
5. Who was at Joe's door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe get money from the Moratorium owner?
2. What kinds of things does Ms. Wirt explain is on the map?
3. How does Ella explain half-life, and why did Ella believe that he would never fully understand it?
4. Why was activating Ella a sin against her?
5. How does Mr. Runciter find out who Ms. Wirt's employer is, and why is this information valuable to him?
6. Why are Anti-PSI talents necessary?
7. Why couldn't Pat have given Joe the money before he tested her?
8. Why does Bill say he likes Tippy? What does he do following this declaration?
9. In what way(s) did Pat change reality for the group?
10. Why did Joe want to clean his conapt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the product Ubik. What kind of product is it? In layman's terms, what does it do? What is the objective of its regression? Why doesn't it serve Joe at all as a Liver and Kidney Balm?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the novel from a religious point of view. How many things in the novel express a lack of religion on the part of the author? What kind of things could allude to a religion?
Essay Topic 3
The major motion picture "Matrix" gained a lot of inspiration from this novel. Compare Ubik to the Matrix. What similarities are present? What are some major differences? How is Neo like Joe? How are the two characters different?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)