|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the second symbol mean?
2. What shape were Ms. Wirts' glasses?
3. Whose face is on the back of present dated currency?
4. What did Mr. Runciter own that was world renowned?
5. Where does Joe sarcastically say Mr. Runciter is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
2. Provide reasons as to why Joe Chip is stressed in this chapter.
3. Why is it a sound business idea that Mr. Runciter sells his services to Ms. Wirt?
4. Why does Joe Chip believe that he was selected to keep the prudence organizations going?
5. Why was Jory able to permeate Ella's conversation?
6. Why couldn't Joe kill Jory?
7. How does Mr. Runciter find out who Ms. Wirt's employer is, and why is this information valuable to him?
8. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
9. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
10. How did Joe think that Stanton Mick's voice sounded?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although this book is set in 1992, explain some technological differences that existed in Ubik and the real world of 1992. What kinds of things are still the products of science fiction? What kinds of things are reality now?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of human rights on Terra. How would it be different than the concept of human rights here on Earth? What kinds of things would have to change in our society for rights to be as liberal as they are on Terra?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the society of Terra from a social viewpoint. What kinds of products or services would rate the highest for its popularity? Why? What kinds of services could be provided, and how would this jeopardize our normal way of life?
This section contains 1,476 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)