|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the walls coated with in the isolated chamber?
2. What was the name of the Moratorium in which Runciter's wife was located?
3. What does Pat do at the Kibbutz?
4. What kind of animal does Matt remind Tippy of?
5. Who was it that Joe was infatuated with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Anti-PSI talents necessary?
2. Why does Glen believe that he has figured out where the lot of Hollis' best PSI's have gotten to?
3. Why is it a sound business idea that Mr. Runciter sells his services to Ms. Wirt?
4. Why is there speculation that the prudence organization could be a racket?
5. What kinds of things does Ms. Wirt explain is on the map?
6. Why does Joe Chip believe that he was selected to keep the prudence organizations going?
7. How did Mr. Runciter reveal that he knew who the person was that was financing Ms. Wirt's enterprise?
8. How does Joe find out that a woman was in the suite with him the previous night?
9. Why would Ella not like to be in isolation?
10. How does Ella explain half-life, and why did Ella believe that he would never fully understand it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jory as a deity. In what way is he a god in the half life world? In what way is he like the god of the underworld? In what ways does he closely resemble a god?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Joe and Wendy as a couple. How did they compliment each other? Use evidence from the book. Provide an explanation as to why Joe didn't ask Wendy out.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the product Ubik. What kind of product is it? In layman's terms, what does it do? What is the objective of its regression? Why doesn't it serve Joe at all as a Liver and Kidney Balm?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)