|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Ella's eyes?
2. What is Mr. Runciters first name?
3. What year was the phone book printed?
4. What does Pat do at the Kibbutz?
5. What best describes the way Runciter felt looking at Pat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a half-life?
2. How does Pat look at Joe?
3. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
4. What kinds of things does Ms. Wirt explain is on the map?
5. How did the author describe Hollis?
6. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
7. What was interesting to note about Sammy Mundo?
8. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
9. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
10. How did Mr. Runciter reveal that he knew who the person was that was financing Ms. Wirt's enterprise?
Essay Topic 1
Although this book is set in 1992, explain some technological differences that existed in Ubik and the real world of 1992. What kinds of things are still the products of science fiction? What kinds of things are reality now?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the novel from a religious point of view. How many things in the novel express a lack of religion on the part of the author? What kind of things could allude to a religion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the product Ubik. What kind of product is it? In layman's terms, what does it do? What is the objective of its regression? Why doesn't it serve Joe at all as a Liver and Kidney Balm?
This section contains 1,395 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)