|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Mr. Runciter talk to his wife in the lounge?
2. What was considered fashionable?
3. What is the first thing that Joe suspects?
4. What did Wendy ask?
5. What was it called that blew up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason to fear the telepaths, according to the anti-PSI agency?
2. What is a half-life?
3. Under what terms is Pat hired?
4. Why did Runciter immediately want to pack everything up?
5. Why is there speculation that the prudence organization could be a racket?
6. In what state does Joe find Wendy?
7. Why did Joe want to clean his conapt?
8. Why does Joe Chip believe that he was selected to keep the prudence organizations going?
9. What typo is in this chapter?
10. How does Mr. Runciter find out who Ms. Wirt's employer is, and why is this information valuable to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The major motion picture "Matrix" gained a lot of inspiration from this novel. Compare Ubik to the Matrix. What similarities are present? What are some major differences? How is Neo like Joe? How are the two characters different?
Essay Topic 2
If the sensation of touch is a sense that is entirely related to the body, why is it that the people in half life experience physical sensations like touch? Provide an explanation as to why they wouldn't feel as though they were in a dream.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Pat as a primary antagonist in the story. What clues point to her as being the main force opposing the group of Runciter Associates? In what regard does she seem like the perfect adversary for Joe?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)