|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joe now suspect is at work to destroy them?
(a) None of these.
(d) Don Denny.
2. What did Joe ask Pat for?
(a) A sturdy hand.
(b) None of these
(c) A stiff drink.
(d) A cigarette.
3. How many years will the group have to go ahead in order to regain the correct time frame?
(a) Sixty two years.
(b) Twenty five years.
(c) Fifty five years.
(d) Fifty three years.
4. What had Joe's stove reverted to?
(a) A fireplace.
(b) A microwave.
(c) An old electric model, instead of the ionic one he had.
(d) A natural gas model with clogged burners.
5. What does Jory mean by eating people?
(a) He consumes their soul.
(b) He cannibalizes their flesh.
(c) He plagues the mind causing each half lifer to take their own half life.
(d) He consumes their half life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What racist term does Joe hear used that he had never heard before?
2. What kind of car was awaiting Joe?
3. Why won't Herbert von Vogelsang move people out of the reach of Jory?
4. Who died in this chapter?
5. What did the pilot want to take Joe to Des Moines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
2. Why couldn't Joe kill Jory?
3. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
4. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
5. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
6. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
7. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
8. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
9. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
10. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)