|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joe meet on the way to the Matador?
(a) Wendy Wright.
(b) None of these.
(c) Ella Runciter.
(d) Glen Runciter.
2. What was the date on the paper at Joe's con-apt?
(a) September 12, 1939.
(b) September 10, 1940.
(c) September 12, 1938.
(d) September 12, 1929.
3. What kind of car was awaiting Joe?
(a) A 1939 Lasalle convertible.
(b) A 1939 Tatra Saloon.
(c) A 1933 Bedford Lorry.
(d) A 1936 Ford Convertible Sedan.
4. What was exhausting to Jory?
(a) Convincing the group that Pat was responsible.
(b) Stopping Runciter from breaking through.
(c) Maintaining the existence of 1992.
(d) Creating the miles and miles of countryside from New York to Des Moines.
5. What is the name of the newscaster?
(a) John Hunter.
(b) Joe Hunter.
(c) Jim Hunter.
(d) James Hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object did Joe and Al buy from the supermarket?
2. What does this person represent?
3. Who died in this chapter?
4. What is the only perceivable problem according to Joe?
5. Why didn't Joe take the elevator?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pat look at Joe?
2. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
3. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
4. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
5. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
6. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
7. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
8. What made Mr. Bliss do a double take?
9. How did Al know that he was next to die?
10. What is wrong with Joe's theory, regarding how to stay alive and stop from being worn out?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)