|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Joe's reward for climbing the stairs?
(a) Pat would go away.
(b) The key to his room.
(c) He would be alone at last.
(d) The privacy of his room.
2. Who does Joe think Pat is actually working for?
(a) Runciter Associates.
(d) Don Denny.
3. Who is the church official speaking at the funeral?
(a) Father Joseph.
(b) Father Abernathy.
(c) Father James.
(d) Father Christopher.
4. Who does Joe suspect is the entity out to destroy them all?
(a) Pat Conley.
(b) Ella Runciter.
(c) Glen Runciter.
(d) Sammy Mundo.
5. Why can't Joe find any Ubik in Des Moines?
(a) Jory doesn't want him to have Ubik,
(b) All the Ubik's in Des Moines are regressed to the liver and kidney balm.
(c) Jory controls what is in his world.
(d) There wasn't Ubik in that time frame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joe see that made him tell Joe not to get in the elevator?
2. What had Joe's stove reverted to?
3. Where was Jory's clothes from?
4. What realization did Joe figure out about Hell?
5. Why did Joe realize that it would be impossible to make the transition to live in this time frame?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
2. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
3. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
4. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
5. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
6. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
7. What made Mr. Bliss do a double take?
8. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
9. What message was scrawled on the wall of the men's bathroom? How did Al interpret this?
10. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)