|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is it that Joe is able to converse with the group in cold pac?
(a) They've been wired together.
(b) They know each other so well.
(c) They are traveling through each others' minds.
(d) Runciter put them in the same room together.
2. What does the advertisement of Glen Runciter suggest?
(a) To buy Ubik.
(b) That he's dead.
(c) To buy shares in a stock.
(d) To get sick.
3. What did the Ubik revert to?
(a) Tonic of Ubik.
(b) Elixer of Ubique.
(c) Ubik Tonique.
(d) Ubiquitous Drink.
4. How does graffiti convey meaning?
(a) Softly and discretely.
(b) All of these.
(c) Comfortably and calmly.
(d) Harsh and directly.
5. What did Joe compare the appearance of his skin to?
(a) A dry, cooked chicken.
(b) Decaying leather.
(c) A dry, cooked turkey.
(d) Patent Leather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date on the paper at Joe's con-apt?
2. What does this person represent?
3. What did G.G. Ashwood tell Pat about Joe?
4. Under what circumstance is someone to report to Joe or Don?
5. What did Joe get to want more than anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
2. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
3. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
4. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
5. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
6. What point does Joe make that gives Runciter pause for thought?
7. Why does Ella help Joe?
8. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
9. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
10. How can Joe offer some clarity to the group?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)