|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the pilot want the bottle of Ubik?
(a) He thought that he would barter it elsewhere.
(b) It reminded him of his grandmother.
(c) It had alot of gold flakes inside suspended in mineral oil.
(d) He wanted it to make him feel better.
2. Why did Archer's Drugstore close?
(a) Ed Archer died.
(b) Ed Archer came down with throat cancer.
(c) Ed Archer skipped town.
(d) Wilma Archer took poor Ed for everything he owned in the divorce.
3. Why couldn't Runciter help Joe up the stairs?
(a) None of these.
(b) Pat would have seen him.
(c) Pat would have demanded an explanation.
(d) Pat would have killed him.
4. How is it that Joe is able to converse with the group in cold pac?
(a) Runciter put them in the same room together.
(b) They've been wired together.
(c) They are traveling through each others' minds.
(d) They know each other so well.
5. Where was Joe supposed to go?
(a) Adam's Drugs.
(b) Artie's Drugstore.
(c) London Drugs.
(d) Archer's Drugstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Ubik revert to?
2. Why won't Herbert von Vogelsang move people out of the reach of Jory?
3. Where do the boys plan on going?
4. What is happening to Al's perception?
5. What did the person waiting in Joe's room give him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
2. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
3. How did Al know that he was next to die?
4. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
5. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
6. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
7. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
8. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
9. What made Mr. Bliss do a double take?
10. Why does Ella help Joe?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)