|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joe realize that it would be impossible to make the transition to live in this time frame?
(a) They knew too much.
(b) They had already talked to openly about the future.
(c) They were too aware of the future.
(d) All of these.
2. Where was Joe supposed to go?
(a) Adam's Drugs.
(b) Archer's Drugstore.
(c) London Drugs.
(d) Artie's Drugstore.
3. What did the Ubik revert to?
(a) Elixer of Ubique.
(b) Tonic of Ubik.
(c) Ubiquitous Drink.
(d) Ubik Tonique.
4. Where is the third message to Joe in this chapter?
(a) In the sky.
(b) In the bathroom again.
(c) On the jar of Ubik.
(d) On the wall behind the druggist.
5. Why didn't Joe want to get in the elevator?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) It looked too old to be functioning.
(d) It was the last thing that Al had seen before he died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization did Joe figure out about Hell?
2. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
3. What did G.G. Ashwood tell Pat about Joe?
4. What was Joe's reward for climbing the stairs?
5. Who was waiting for Joe in his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Mr. Bliss do a double take?
2. Why couldn't Joe kill Jory?
3. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
4. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
5. How can Joe offer some clarity to the group?
6. How did Al know that he was next to die?
7. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
8. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
9. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
10. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)