|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the market that Joe and Al visited?
(a) The Lucky Seven Supermarket.
(d) The Lucky People Supermarket.
2. Where is the third message to Joe in this chapter?
(a) In the sky.
(b) On the jar of Ubik.
(c) On the wall behind the druggist.
(d) In the bathroom again.
3. Why did Archer's Drugstore close?
(a) Wilma Archer took poor Ed for everything he owned in the divorce.
(b) Ed Archer came down with throat cancer.
(c) Ed Archer skipped town.
(d) Ed Archer died.
4. What had Joe's stove reverted to?
(a) A fireplace.
(b) An old electric model, instead of the ionic one he had.
(c) A microwave.
(d) A natural gas model with clogged burners.
5. How did Pat seem, watching Joe?
(a) Detached, almost scientific like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person waiting in Joe's room give him?
2. What was exhausting to Jory?
3. What, according to the person in Joe's hotel room, is the limit of Pat's talent to go back in time?
4. What is the oldest Joe thinks they could have regressed and gotten away with it?
5. What is happening to Al's perception?
Short Essay Questions
1. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
2. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
3. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
4. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
5. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
6. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
7. What message was scrawled on the wall of the men's bathroom? How did Al interpret this?
8. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
9. Why couldn't Joe kill Jory?
10. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)