|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of payment doesn't Joe offer the druggist?
(a) Credit card.
(b) None of these.
2. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
(a) A Pierce-Arrow.
(b) A Chrysler.
(c) A Pontiac.
(d) A Willy's-Knight.
3. What is the recommended restaurant?
(a) The Marzipan.
(b) Je Adore.
(c) The Marsupial.
(d) The Matador.
4. What does the advertisement of Glen Runciter suggest?
(a) To buy Ubik.
(b) To buy shares in a stock.
(c) To get sick.
(d) That he's dead.
5. What did Joe see that made him tell Joe not to get in the elevator?
(a) No elevator at all.
(b) An elevator from 1910.
(c) An elevator from the 1940s.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car was awaiting Joe?
2. What did Joe get to want more than anything?
3. What is the name of the Hotel the group is staying at?
4. What is the name of the Ubik representative?
5. What does this person represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
2. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
3. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
4. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
5. Why does Ella help Joe?
6. Why couldn't Joe kill Jory?
7. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
8. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
9. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
10. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)