|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the amphetamine dispenser?
(a) In the hall outside the consultation lounge.
(b) There is no amphetamine dispenser.
(c) Outside beside the beverage dispensing machine.
(d) In the waiting room.
2. What did G.G. Ashwood tell Pat about Joe?
(a) That Joe was a good man.
(b) That she would fall in love with Joe.
(c) That he was in love with Wendy.
(d) That Pat would need to get rid of Wendy to get to Joe.
3. Under what circumstance is someone to report to Joe or Don?
(a) If they're feeling hot.
(b) If they feel tired.
(c) If they feel angry.
(d) If they're feeling cold.
4. What was in the package in Joe's mail box?
(a) Ubik Liver and Kidney Balm.
(b) Ubik spray.
(c) Ubik hand sanitizer.
(d) All of these.
5. What is the name of the Ubik representative?
(a) Darla Laney.
(b) Myra Lany.
(c) Melissa Laney.
(d) Myra Laney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Joe take the elevator?
2. What is the oldest Joe thinks they could have regressed and gotten away with it?
3. Who does Joe think Pat is actually working for?
4. What is strange to Joe regarding Pat?
5. Why can't Joe find any Ubik in Des Moines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Glen's thoughts regarding the Prudence organizations?
2. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
3. What was odd about Joe and Al's visit to Baltimore?
4. What was the only thing that Joe decided would resist regression before anything else?
5. What different views do the people of the time frame that Joe has found himself in hold that are contrary to the ones Joe and his coworkers hold?
6. What point does Joe make that gives Runciter pause for thought?
7. What things does Joe learn in this chapter that solves the mystery about their adversary, and the force working against them?
8. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
9. What message was scrawled on the wall of the men's bathroom? How did Al interpret this?
10. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)