|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the advertisement of Glen Runciter suggest?
(a) To buy Ubik.
(b) To get sick.
(c) That he's dead.
(d) To buy shares in a stock.
2. What is strange to Joe regarding Pat?
(a) That she is so hostile.
(b) That she is gettting so anxious and frustrated.
(c) That she hasn't gotten rid of the ring yet.
(d) That her talent isn't coming into play.
3. Who was it that stood in Don Denny's place?
(d) All of these.
4. Why did Archer's Drugstore close?
(a) Ed Archer came down with throat cancer.
(b) Wilma Archer took poor Ed for everything he owned in the divorce.
(c) Ed Archer died.
(d) Ed Archer skipped town.
5. What was in the package in Joe's mail box?
(a) All of these.
(b) Ubik spray.
(c) Ubik Liver and Kidney Balm.
(d) Ubik hand sanitizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pat seem, watching Joe?
2. Who was waiting for Joe in his room?
3. What realization did Joe figure out about Hell?
4. What is happening to Al's perception?
5. Where is the amphetamine dispenser?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Runciter trying to do according to A?
2. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
3. What is wrong with Joe's theory, regarding how to stay alive and stop from being worn out?
4. Why does Ella help Joe?
5. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
6. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
7. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
8. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
9. What made Mr. Bliss do a double take?
10. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)