|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the person waiting in Joe's room give him?
(a) All of these.
(b) A canister of Ubik.
(c) The strength to continue his existence.
(d) A second chance at life.
2. How old was the paper that was on the news stand?
(a) A year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Four years.
3. What object did Joe and Al buy from the supermarket?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) An audio recorder.
(d) A new vidphone.
4. Why did the pilot want the bottle of Ubik?
(a) He thought that he would barter it elsewhere.
(b) He wanted it to make him feel better.
(c) It had alot of gold flakes inside suspended in mineral oil.
(d) It reminded him of his grandmother.
5. What was different about the Carton that they had picked up?
(a) It was empty.
(b) It wasn't quite full.
(c) It appeared older.
(d) It was aged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joe see that made him tell Joe not to get in the elevator?
2. What was in the package in Joe's mail box?
3. Who does Joe think Pat is actually working for?
4. Why can't Joe find any Ubik in Des Moines?
5. What did Joe compare the appearance of his skin to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Joe offer some clarity to the group?
2. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
3. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
4. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
5. What point does Joe make that gives Runciter pause for thought?
6. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
7. What made Mr. Bliss do a double take?
8. How does Pat look at Joe?
9. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
10. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)