|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Joe take the elevator?
(a) None of these.
(b) He wanted the exercise of the stairs.
(c) He thought it might revert out of existence.
(d) He feared he would see what Al saw.
2. What is the only perceivable problem according to Joe?
(a) Medicine and dentistry.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Adjusting to the era.
3. Whose writing was it on the note?
(d) Wendy Wrights.
4. Why did Archer's Drugstore close?
(a) Ed Archer skipped town.
(b) Ed Archer came down with throat cancer.
(c) Ed Archer died.
(d) Wilma Archer took poor Ed for everything he owned in the divorce.
5. What did the Ubik revert to?
(a) Elixer of Ubique.
(b) Tonic of Ubik.
(c) Ubiquitous Drink.
(d) Ubik Tonique.
Short Answer Questions
1. What racist term does Joe hear used that he had never heard before?
2. Who does Joe suspect is the entity out to destroy them all?
3. What object did Joe and Al buy from the supermarket?
4. What is the name of the Ubik representative?
5. What does Al think will help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Joe's theory, regarding how to stay alive and stop from being worn out?
2. How did Al know that he was next to die?
3. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
4. What does Don Denny go to do, and what does he tell Pat to do in his absence?
5. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
6. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
7. How is Don Denny intuitive in this chapter?
8. What point does Joe make that gives Runciter pause for thought?
9. What according to the advertisement does Ubik actually do?
10. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)