|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Denny compare Joe to?
(a) Edie Dorn.
(b) Wendy Wright.
2. What is the recommended restaurant?
(a) Je Adore.
(b) The Marzipan.
(c) The Marsupial.
(d) The Matador.
3. What picture remained on the wall?
(a) Joe and Runciter.
(b) A dying indian on horseback.
(c) Joe and his mother.
(d) Joe as a child.
4. How old was the paper that was on the news stand?
(a) Four years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) A year.
(d) Five years.
5. What isn't natural about being in Cold pac?
(a) That this isn't the normal progression of half-life.
(b) That they are dying off before their time allows them to.
(c) That there is a force trying to kill them.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange to Joe regarding Pat?
2. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
3. Where was Jory's clothes from?
4. What did the pilot want to take Joe to Des Moines?
5. What is the only perceivable problem according to Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ella help Joe?
2. What did Don Denny say about Joe's appearance, and why is this worrisome?
3. How is Pat taking the fact that everyone is slowly being killed off?
4. What things did Joe feel were an improvement when they had regressed?
5. How did Al know that he was next to die?
6. What did this deterioration make Joe feel and why is this a problem?
7. What information does Sammy offer that confirms that Pat is the one destroying each of them, one at a time?
8. What was Joe's impression of the Mortuary?
9. What is a common experience among half-lifers?
10. How did Joe try to turn the carton of Ubik into a spray can?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)