|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died in this chapter?
(a) Edie Dorn.
2. What did G.G. Ashwood tell Pat about Joe?
(a) That Pat would need to get rid of Wendy to get to Joe.
(b) That Joe was a good man.
(c) That she would fall in love with Joe.
(d) That he was in love with Wendy.
3. What was the date on the paper at Joe's con-apt?
(a) September 10, 1940.
(b) September 12, 1939.
(c) September 12, 1938.
(d) September 12, 1929.
4. What did Joe Chip flag down?
(a) A motorist.
(b) A passing cab.
(c) A bus.
(d) A limo.
5. How does graffiti convey meaning?
(a) Softly and discretely.
(b) Harsh and directly.
(c) All of these.
(d) Comfortably and calmly.
6. What picture remained on the wall?
(a) Joe and Runciter.
(b) Joe and his mother.
(c) Joe as a child.
(d) A dying indian on horseback.
7. Why couldn't Runciter help Joe up the stairs?
(a) Pat would have killed him.
(b) None of these.
(c) Pat would have seen him.
(d) Pat would have demanded an explanation.
8. Who does Joe suspect is the entity out to destroy them all?
(a) Sammy Mundo.
(b) Glen Runciter.
(c) Ella Runciter.
(d) Pat Conley.
9. What did Joe get to want more than anything?
(a) For Pat to come back.
(b) To have his friends around him.
(c) To die in peace.
(d) To be alone.
10. What is the name of the Hotel the group is staying at?
(a) The Meremont Hotel.
(b) The Sutton Grand.
(c) Holiday Inn.
(d) The Meremont Motel.
11. Why can't Joe find any Ubik in Des Moines?
(a) Jory doesn't want him to have Ubik,
(b) There wasn't Ubik in that time frame.
(c) Jory controls what is in his world.
(d) All the Ubik's in Des Moines are regressed to the liver and kidney balm.
12. What does Joe ask for on a whim?
(a) A new order of Ubik.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A map of the city of Des Moines.
13. Who was waiting for Joe in his room?
(b) G.G. Ashwood.
(c) Don Denny.
(d) Wendy Wright.
14. Who hasn't died in this chapter?
(b) Fred Zafsky.
(c) Don Denny.
(d) Edie Dorn.
15. What is the name of the place where Runciter was brought after the Beloved Brethren?
(a) The Mortuarium.
(b) The Simple Shepherd Mortuary.
(c) The Single Shepherd Mortuary.
(d) The Shepherds Simple Mortuary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What isn't natural about being in Cold pac?
2. Who was it that stood in Don Denny's place?
3. What had Joe's stove reverted to?
4. Whose writing was it on the note?
5. What does the advertisement of Glen Runciter suggest?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)