|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe ask for on a whim?
(a) A new order of Ubik.
(b) A map of the city of Des Moines.
(c) A prostitute.
2. What is the name of the Ubik representative?
(a) Myra Laney.
(b) Darla Laney.
(c) Melissa Laney.
(d) Myra Lany.
3. Who does Denny compare Joe to?
(a) Edie Dorn.
(d) Wendy Wright.
4. Who was going to send Joe a car?
(a) Mrs. Bliss.
(b) Mr. Jericho.
(c) Ms. Jones.
(d) Ms. Bliss.
5. Why did Joe realize that it would be impossible to make the transition to live in this time frame?
(a) They were too aware of the future.
(b) They had already talked to openly about the future.
(c) They knew too much.
(d) All of these.
6. What object did Joe and Al buy from the supermarket?
(a) An audio recorder.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A new vidphone.
(d) A tape recorder.
7. What picture remained on the wall?
(a) Joe as a child.
(b) A dying indian on horseback.
(c) Joe and Runciter.
(d) Joe and his mother.
8. How many years will the group have to go ahead in order to regain the correct time frame?
(a) Fifty three years.
(b) Fifty five years.
(c) Twenty five years.
(d) Sixty two years.
9. What realization did Joe figure out about Hell?
(a) It was his destiny to go there.
(b) He was doomed to spend eternity in Hell.
(c) It was cold, ice cold.
(d) It was a lonely place.
10. Why won't Herbert von Vogelsang move people out of the reach of Jory?
(a) Both of these.
(b) There are several Jory types in the moratoriums.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) He is paid substantial money to keep Jory near people.
11. What was the name of the market that Joe and Al visited?
(a) The Lucky People Supermarket.
(d) The Lucky Seven Supermarket.
12. What is the recommended restaurant?
(a) Je Adore.
(b) The Matador.
(c) The Marsupial.
(d) The Marzipan.
13. What was the date on the paper at Joe's con-apt?
(a) September 12, 1939.
(b) September 12, 1938.
(c) September 10, 1940.
(d) September 12, 1929.
14. What is the name of the Hotel the group is staying at?
(a) The Meremont Hotel.
(b) Holiday Inn.
(c) The Meremont Motel.
(d) The Sutton Grand.
15. What was in the package in Joe's mail box?
(a) Ubik Liver and Kidney Balm.
(b) All of these.
(c) Ubik spray.
(d) Ubik hand sanitizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was exhausting to Jory?
2. What did the pilot want to take Joe to Des Moines?
3. What is the name of the newscaster?
4. What did Joe ask Pat for?
5. What did Joe compare the appearance of his skin to?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)