|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the market that Joe and Al visited?
(b) The Lucky Seven Supermarket.
(d) The Lucky People Supermarket.
2. What of these appliances hadn't disappeared from Joe's con-apt?
(a) The coffee pot.
(b) The homeopape machine.
(c) The garbage disposal.
(d) His TV.
3. What is the name of the place where Runciter was brought after the Beloved Brethren?
(a) The Single Shepherd Mortuary.
(b) The Mortuarium.
(c) The Shepherds Simple Mortuary.
(d) The Simple Shepherd Mortuary.
4. What was in the package in Joe's mail box?
(a) Ubik hand sanitizer.
(b) All of these.
(c) Ubik spray.
(d) Ubik Liver and Kidney Balm.
5. What was Joe's reward for climbing the stairs?
(a) The privacy of his room.
(b) The key to his room.
(c) He would be alone at last.
(d) Pat would go away.
6. What is strange to Joe regarding Pat?
(a) That she is so hostile.
(b) That she is gettting so anxious and frustrated.
(c) That she hasn't gotten rid of the ring yet.
(d) That her talent isn't coming into play.
7. What is the recommended restaurant?
(a) Je Adore.
(b) The Matador.
(c) The Marsupial.
(d) The Marzipan.
8. What is happening to Al's perception?
(a) Things are getting younger.
(b) None of these.
(c) Things are getting older.
(d) He seems to be regressing.
9. Where is the third message to Joe in this chapter?
(a) In the sky.
(b) In the bathroom again.
(c) On the wall behind the druggist.
(d) On the jar of Ubik.
10. What did G.G. Ashwood tell Pat about Joe?
(a) That she would fall in love with Joe.
(b) That Joe was a good man.
(c) That he was in love with Wendy.
(d) That Pat would need to get rid of Wendy to get to Joe.
11. Who is the church official speaking at the funeral?
(a) Father Abernathy.
(b) Father Christopher.
(c) Father James.
(d) Father Joseph.
12. What does the advertisement of Glen Runciter suggest?
(a) To get sick.
(b) To buy Ubik.
(c) To buy shares in a stock.
(d) That he's dead.
13. What did Joe ask Pat for?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A sturdy hand.
(c) A stiff drink.
(d) None of these
14. Who is paying for everything?
(a) The mortuary.
(b) All of these.
(d) Runciter Associates.
15. What did the pilot want to take Joe to Des Moines?
(a) The twice reverted bottle of Ubik.
(b) An interesting story for the journey.
(c) Joe to sing him a song.
(d) To know what his business was in Des Moines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object did Joe and Al buy from the supermarket?
2. What had Joe's stove reverted to?
3. What picture remained on the wall?
4. What realization did Joe figure out about Hell?
5. What does this person represent?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)