|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bliss think about Joe and the rest of the employees of Runciter associates?
(a) They are professional agitators.
(b) They can spin a good yarn.
(c) They are full of balony.
(d) They are semi psychotic.
2. What did Joe get to want more than anything?
(a) To have his friends around him.
(b) To be alone.
(c) For Pat to come back.
(d) To die in peace.
3. What was different about the Carton that they had picked up?
(a) It was aged.
(b) It wasn't quite full.
(c) It appeared older.
(d) It was empty.
4. Who does Joe suspect is the entity out to destroy them all?
(a) Ella Runciter.
(b) Glen Runciter.
(c) Sammy Mundo.
(d) Pat Conley.
5. What does Joe ask for on a whim?
(a) A new order of Ubik.
(b) A map of the city of Des Moines.
(c) A prostitute.
6. Why can't Joe find any Ubik in Des Moines?
(a) All the Ubik's in Des Moines are regressed to the liver and kidney balm.
(b) There wasn't Ubik in that time frame.
(c) Jory doesn't want him to have Ubik,
(d) Jory controls what is in his world.
7. What does this person represent?
(a) The force trying to destroy him.
(b) The force trying to aide them.
(c) A manifestation of Runciter.
(d) A manifestation of Jory.
8. What did Joe compare the appearance of his skin to?
(a) A dry, cooked turkey.
(b) A dry, cooked chicken.
(c) Decaying leather.
(d) Patent Leather.
9. What is the name of the newscaster?
(a) Joe Hunter.
(b) James Hunter.
(c) Jim Hunter.
(d) John Hunter.
10. Who does Joe now suspect is at work to destroy them?
(b) None of these.
(c) Don Denny.
11. What was in the package in Joe's mail box?
(a) Ubik hand sanitizer.
(b) All of these.
(c) Ubik Liver and Kidney Balm.
(d) Ubik spray.
12. What isn't natural about being in Cold pac?
(a) All of these.
(b) That they are dying off before their time allows them to.
(c) That this isn't the normal progression of half-life.
(d) That there is a force trying to kill them.
13. Why did Archer's Drugstore close?
(a) Wilma Archer took poor Ed for everything he owned in the divorce.
(b) Ed Archer came down with throat cancer.
(c) Ed Archer skipped town.
(d) Ed Archer died.
14. How long had Glen tried to reach his people in cold pac?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Eleven hours.
15. What did the person waiting in Joe's room give him?
(a) All of these.
(b) A second chance at life.
(c) A canister of Ubik.
(d) The strength to continue his existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Herbert von Vogelsang move people out of the reach of Jory?
2. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
3. Why didn't Joe take the elevator?
4. Why didn't Joe want to get in the elevator?
5. What is strange to Joe regarding Pat?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)