|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
(a) A Pontiac.
(b) A Willy's-Knight.
(c) A Pierce-Arrow.
(d) A Chrysler.
2. What was Joe's reward for climbing the stairs?
(a) Pat would go away.
(b) He would be alone at last.
(c) The key to his room.
(d) The privacy of his room.
3. What was exhausting to Jory?
(a) Creating the miles and miles of countryside from New York to Des Moines.
(b) Convincing the group that Pat was responsible.
(c) Maintaining the existence of 1992.
(d) Stopping Runciter from breaking through.
4. What had Joe's stove reverted to?
(a) A microwave.
(b) A fireplace.
(c) A natural gas model with clogged burners.
(d) An old electric model, instead of the ionic one he had.
5. Why did the pilot want the bottle of Ubik?
(a) It had alot of gold flakes inside suspended in mineral oil.
(b) It reminded him of his grandmother.
(c) He wanted it to make him feel better.
(d) He thought that he would barter it elsewhere.
6. Where is the third message to Joe in this chapter?
(a) In the sky.
(b) On the jar of Ubik.
(c) In the bathroom again.
(d) On the wall behind the druggist.
7. What was different about the Carton that they had picked up?
(a) It wasn't quite full.
(b) It was empty.
(c) It appeared older.
(d) It was aged.
8. What did Joe Chip flag down?
(a) A passing cab.
(b) A limo.
(c) A motorist.
(d) A bus.
9. Who was going to send Joe a car?
(a) Ms. Bliss.
(b) Mrs. Bliss.
(c) Ms. Jones.
(d) Mr. Jericho.
10. What is the name of the newscaster?
(a) James Hunter.
(b) John Hunter.
(c) Jim Hunter.
(d) Joe Hunter.
11. What did Joe ask Pat for?
(a) A stiff drink.
(b) A sturdy hand.
(c) None of these
(d) A cigarette.
12. How old was the paper that was on the news stand?
(a) Four years.
(b) A year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Forty years.
13. What color was the drugstore?
14. What did Joe compare the appearance of his skin to?
(a) A dry, cooked turkey.
(b) A dry, cooked chicken.
(c) Decaying leather.
(d) Patent Leather.
15. Who was it that stood in Don Denny's place?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What isn't natural about being in Cold pac?
2. What does Mr. Bliss think about Joe and the rest of the employees of Runciter associates?
3. What was the date on the paper at Joe's con-apt?
4. What was in the package in Joe's mail box?
5. Who died in this chapter?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)