|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jory mean by eating people?
(a) He consumes their half life.
(b) He cannibalizes their flesh.
(c) He plagues the mind causing each half lifer to take their own half life.
(d) He consumes their soul.
2. What isn't natural about being in Cold pac?
(a) That this isn't the normal progression of half-life.
(b) That they are dying off before their time allows them to.
(c) All of these.
(d) That there is a force trying to kill them.
3. What had Joe's stove reverted to?
(a) A natural gas model with clogged burners.
(b) An old electric model, instead of the ionic one he had.
(c) A fireplace.
(d) A microwave.
4. What did Joe compare the appearance of his skin to?
(a) A dry, cooked chicken.
(b) Decaying leather.
(c) A dry, cooked turkey.
(d) Patent Leather.
5. What is the name of the Ubik representative?
(a) Myra Laney.
(b) Myra Lany.
(c) Darla Laney.
(d) Melissa Laney.
6. What did Joe see that made him tell Joe not to get in the elevator?
(a) No elevator at all.
(b) An elevator from 1910.
(c) None of these.
(d) An elevator from the 1940s.
7. What picture remained on the wall?
(a) Joe as a child.
(b) Joe and Runciter.
(c) Joe and his mother.
(d) A dying indian on horseback.
8. What, according to the person in Joe's hotel room, is the limit of Pat's talent to go back in time?
(a) None of these.
9. How many years will the group have to go ahead in order to regain the correct time frame?
(a) Fifty five years.
(b) Twenty five years.
(c) Fifty three years.
(d) Sixty two years.
10. How did Pat seem, watching Joe?
(c) Detached, almost scientific like.
11. What did Joe Chip flag down?
(a) A passing cab.
(b) A limo.
(c) A motorist.
(d) A bus.
12. Who does Joe think Pat is actually working for?
(b) Runciter Associates.
(c) Don Denny.
13. Whose writing was it on the note?
(b) Wendy Wrights.
14. What kind of car was awaiting Joe?
(a) A 1939 Lasalle convertible.
(b) A 1933 Bedford Lorry.
(c) A 1936 Ford Convertible Sedan.
(d) A 1939 Tatra Saloon.
15. Where was Joe supposed to go?
(a) Artie's Drugstore.
(b) Archer's Drugstore.
(c) London Drugs.
(d) Adam's Drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cigarettes did Joe want?
2. What was exhausting to Jory?
3. Why did the pilot want the bottle of Ubik?
4. How old was the paper that was on the news stand?
5. How long had Glen tried to reach his people in cold pac?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)