|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Joe find any Ubik in Des Moines?
(a) Jory controls what is in his world.
(b) There wasn't Ubik in that time frame.
(c) Jory doesn't want him to have Ubik,
(d) All the Ubik's in Des Moines are regressed to the liver and kidney balm.
2. What does Mr. Bliss think about Joe and the rest of the employees of Runciter associates?
(a) They are semi psychotic.
(b) They are full of balony.
(c) They are professional agitators.
(d) They can spin a good yarn.
3. What does Jory mean by eating people?
(a) He plagues the mind causing each half lifer to take their own half life.
(b) He consumes their half life.
(c) He consumes their soul.
(d) He cannibalizes their flesh.
4. Where was Joe supposed to go?
(a) London Drugs.
(b) Archer's Drugstore.
(c) Artie's Drugstore.
(d) Adam's Drugs.
5. What did the person waiting in Joe's room give him?
(a) The strength to continue his existence.
(b) A second chance at life.
(c) A canister of Ubik.
(d) All of these.
6. How does graffiti convey meaning?
(a) Softly and discretely.
(b) Comfortably and calmly.
(c) All of these.
(d) Harsh and directly.
7. What is the only perceivable problem according to Joe?
(a) Medicine and dentistry.
(b) Adjusting to the era.
(c) Getting a job.
8. Why didn't Joe want to get in the elevator?
(a) It was the last thing that Al had seen before he died.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) It looked too old to be functioning.
(d) Both of these.
9. What was the name of the market that Joe and Al visited?
(c) The Lucky Seven Supermarket.
(d) The Lucky People Supermarket.
10. What was the name of the pilot that might be interested in making the trade with Joe?
11. Why did Archer's Drugstore close?
(a) Ed Archer came down with throat cancer.
(b) Ed Archer skipped town.
(c) Wilma Archer took poor Ed for everything he owned in the divorce.
(d) Ed Archer died.
12. What was in the package in Joe's mail box?
(a) Ubik hand sanitizer.
(b) Ubik Liver and Kidney Balm.
(c) All of these.
(d) Ubik spray.
13. What picture remained on the wall?
(a) Joe and his mother.
(b) Joe as a child.
(c) A dying indian on horseback.
(d) Joe and Runciter.
14. Who was going to send Joe a car?
(a) Ms. Jones.
(b) Mr. Jericho.
(c) Mrs. Bliss.
(d) Ms. Bliss.
15. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
(a) A Willy's-Knight.
(b) A Pierce-Arrow.
(c) A Chrysler.
(d) A Pontiac.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Glen tried to reach his people in cold pac?
2. What kind of cigarettes did Joe want?
3. Who does Joe suspect is the entity out to destroy them all?
4. What had Joe's stove reverted to?
5. What did Joe get to want more than anything?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)