|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Joe's reward for climbing the stairs?
(a) The key to his room.
(b) He would be alone at last.
(c) The privacy of his room.
(d) Pat would go away.
2. Why did Archer's Drugstore close?
(a) Ed Archer skipped town.
(b) Ed Archer died.
(c) Wilma Archer took poor Ed for everything he owned in the divorce.
(d) Ed Archer came down with throat cancer.
3. How does graffiti convey meaning?
(a) All of these.
(b) Harsh and directly.
(c) Softly and discretely.
(d) Comfortably and calmly.
4. What does Mr. Bliss think about Joe and the rest of the employees of Runciter associates?
(a) They can spin a good yarn.
(b) They are professional agitators.
(c) They are semi psychotic.
(d) They are full of balony.
5. What was the name of the pilot that might be interested in making the trade with Joe?
6. What color was the drugstore?
7. Why did the pilot want the bottle of Ubik?
(a) He thought that he would barter it elsewhere.
(b) It reminded him of his grandmother.
(c) It had alot of gold flakes inside suspended in mineral oil.
(d) He wanted it to make him feel better.
8. How did Pat seem, watching Joe?
(a) Detached, almost scientific like.
9. What object did Joe and Al buy from the supermarket?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) An audio recorder.
(c) A tape recorder.
(d) A new vidphone.
10. Under what circumstance is someone to report to Joe or Don?
(a) If they're feeling cold.
(b) If they're feeling hot.
(c) If they feel tired.
(d) If they feel angry.
11. What method of payment doesn't Joe offer the druggist?
(b) None of these.
(d) Credit card.
12. What did Joe compare the appearance of his skin to?
(a) A dry, cooked turkey.
(b) Decaying leather.
(c) Patent Leather.
(d) A dry, cooked chicken.
13. What does Joe ask for on a whim?
(a) A map of the city of Des Moines.
(c) A new order of Ubik.
(d) A prostitute.
14. What was in the package in Joe's mail box?
(a) Ubik Liver and Kidney Balm.
(b) Ubik spray.
(c) All of these.
(d) Ubik hand sanitizer.
15. Who does Joe now suspect is at work to destroy them?
(a) None of these.
(c) Don Denny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joe meet on the way to the Matador?
2. What did the pilot want to take Joe to Des Moines?
3. What does Jory mean by eating people?
4. Who is paying for everything?
5. What did G.G. Ashwood tell Pat about Joe?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)