|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Runciter was brought after the Beloved Brethren?
(a) The Simple Shepherd Mortuary.
(b) The Single Shepherd Mortuary.
(c) The Shepherds Simple Mortuary.
(d) The Mortuarium.
2. How old was the paper that was on the news stand?
(a) Five years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) A year.
(d) Four years.
3. What was the date on the paper at Joe's con-apt?
(a) September 12, 1938.
(b) September 12, 1929.
(c) September 12, 1939.
(d) September 10, 1940.
4. Who died in this chapter?
(a) Edie Dorn.
5. Where was Joe supposed to go?
(a) Archer's Drugstore.
(b) Adam's Drugs.
(c) London Drugs.
(d) Artie's Drugstore.
6. What of these appliances hadn't disappeared from Joe's con-apt?
(a) The garbage disposal.
(b) The coffee pot.
(c) His TV.
(d) The homeopape machine.
7. Who does Joe meet on the way to the Matador?
(a) Ella Runciter.
(b) None of these.
(c) Glen Runciter.
(d) Wendy Wright.
8. What was the name of the market that Joe and Al visited?
(b) The Lucky People Supermarket.
(d) The Lucky Seven Supermarket.
9. Where was Jory's clothes from?
(a) Early century.
(b) Mid century.
(c) Medieval times.
(d) Their era.
10. What did Joe compare the appearance of his skin to?
(a) A dry, cooked chicken.
(b) Patent Leather.
(c) A dry, cooked turkey.
(d) Decaying leather.
11. What is happening to Al's perception?
(a) None of these.
(b) He seems to be regressing.
(c) Things are getting older.
(d) Things are getting younger.
12. What had Joe's stove reverted to?
(a) A natural gas model with clogged burners.
(b) A fireplace.
(c) A microwave.
(d) An old electric model, instead of the ionic one he had.
13. Why didn't Joe take the elevator?
(a) He feared he would see what Al saw.
(b) He wanted the exercise of the stairs.
(c) None of these.
(d) He thought it might revert out of existence.
14. What was the name of the pilot that might be interested in making the trade with Joe?
15. What kind of car was loaned to the group while they were in Des Moines?
(a) A Pontiac.
(b) A Pierce-Arrow.
(c) A Chrysler.
(d) A Willy's-Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Herbert von Vogelsang move people out of the reach of Jory?
2. What method of payment doesn't Joe offer the druggist?
3. Who does Denny compare Joe to?
4. What was exhausting to Jory?
5. What is the oldest Joe thinks they could have regressed and gotten away with it?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)