|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date on the paper at Joe's con-apt?
(a) September 12, 1929.
(b) September 10, 1940.
(c) September 12, 1938.
(d) September 12, 1939.
2. What was Joe's reward for climbing the stairs?
(a) He would be alone at last.
(b) The key to his room.
(c) Pat would go away.
(d) The privacy of his room.
3. What of these appliances hadn't disappeared from Joe's con-apt?
(a) The homeopape machine.
(b) His TV.
(c) The coffee pot.
(d) The garbage disposal.
4. What does the advertisement of Glen Runciter suggest?
(a) That he's dead.
(b) To buy shares in a stock.
(c) To get sick.
(d) To buy Ubik.
5. How is it that Joe is able to converse with the group in cold pac?
(a) They know each other so well.
(b) They've been wired together.
(c) Runciter put them in the same room together.
(d) They are traveling through each others' minds.
6. Who does Denny compare Joe to?
(a) Wendy Wright.
(c) Edie Dorn.
7. Where do the boys plan on going?
(a) Back to Zurich.
(b) Des Moines.
(d) New York.
8. Why did Archer's Drugstore close?
(a) Wilma Archer took poor Ed for everything he owned in the divorce.
(b) Ed Archer came down with throat cancer.
(c) Ed Archer skipped town.
(d) Ed Archer died.
9. How many years will the group have to go ahead in order to regain the correct time frame?
(a) Twenty five years.
(b) Fifty five years.
(c) Sixty two years.
(d) Fifty three years.
10. How old was the paper that was on the news stand?
(a) Four years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) A year.
(d) Five years.
11. What is the name of the Ubik representative?
(a) Myra Laney.
(b) Darla Laney.
(c) Melissa Laney.
(d) Myra Lany.
12. What method of payment doesn't Joe offer the druggist?
(a) Credit card.
(d) None of these.
13. What is the name of the place where Runciter was brought after the Beloved Brethren?
(a) The Shepherds Simple Mortuary.
(b) The Single Shepherd Mortuary.
(c) The Mortuarium.
(d) The Simple Shepherd Mortuary.
14. What racist term does Joe hear used that he had never heard before?
15. What does Mr. Bliss think about Joe and the rest of the employees of Runciter associates?
(a) They can spin a good yarn.
(b) They are professional agitators.
(c) They are full of balony.
(d) They are semi psychotic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newscaster?
2. Why did Joe realize that it would be impossible to make the transition to live in this time frame?
3. How long had Glen tried to reach his people in cold pac?
4. What did Joe see that made him tell Joe not to get in the elevator?
5. Where is the third message to Joe in this chapter?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)