|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picture remained on the wall?
(a) Joe and his mother.
(b) Joe and Runciter.
(c) Joe as a child.
(d) A dying indian on horseback.
2. Why did Joe realize that it would be impossible to make the transition to live in this time frame?
(a) All of these.
(b) They had already talked to openly about the future.
(c) They knew too much.
(d) They were too aware of the future.
3. What kind of car was awaiting Joe?
(a) A 1939 Lasalle convertible.
(b) A 1936 Ford Convertible Sedan.
(c) A 1939 Tatra Saloon.
(d) A 1933 Bedford Lorry.
4. What is the name of the Ubik representative?
(a) Myra Laney.
(b) Melissa Laney.
(c) Darla Laney.
(d) Myra Lany.
5. What does the advertisement of Glen Runciter suggest?
(a) To get sick.
(b) That he's dead.
(c) To buy Ubik.
(d) To buy shares in a stock.
6. What did Joe ask Pat for?
(a) A stiff drink.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) None of these
(d) A sturdy hand.
7. What was Joe's reward for climbing the stairs?
(a) He would be alone at last.
(b) The key to his room.
(c) Pat would go away.
(d) The privacy of his room.
8. What did the Ubik revert to?
(a) Elixer of Ubique.
(b) Ubiquitous Drink.
(c) Tonic of Ubik.
(d) Ubik Tonique.
9. How long had Glen tried to reach his people in cold pac?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Eleven hours.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) Ten hours.
10. Who was going to send Joe a car?
(a) Mr. Jericho.
(b) Mrs. Bliss.
(c) Ms. Bliss.
(d) Ms. Jones.
11. Why did the pilot want the bottle of Ubik?
(a) He thought that he would barter it elsewhere.
(b) It reminded him of his grandmother.
(c) It had alot of gold flakes inside suspended in mineral oil.
(d) He wanted it to make him feel better.
12. What is the name of the Hotel the group is staying at?
(a) The Sutton Grand.
(b) Holiday Inn.
(c) The Meremont Hotel.
(d) The Meremont Motel.
13. Who was waiting for Joe in his room?
(b) Don Denny.
(c) G.G. Ashwood.
(d) Wendy Wright.
14. What is the only perceivable problem according to Joe?
(a) Getting a job.
(b) Adjusting to the era.
(d) Medicine and dentistry.
15. How is it that Joe is able to converse with the group in cold pac?
(a) They've been wired together.
(b) Runciter put them in the same room together.
(c) They are traveling through each others' minds.
(d) They know each other so well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the pilot want to take Joe to Des Moines?
2. Who does Denny compare Joe to?
3. Whose writing was it on the note?
4. What was the name of the market that Joe and Al visited?
5. How did Pat seem, watching Joe?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)