|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the church official speaking at the funeral?
(a) Father Christopher.
(b) Father James.
(c) Father Joseph.
(d) Father Abernathy.
2. Why did Archer's Drugstore close?
(a) Ed Archer came down with throat cancer.
(b) Ed Archer died.
(c) Ed Archer skipped town.
(d) Wilma Archer took poor Ed for everything he owned in the divorce.
3. What object did Joe and Al buy from the supermarket?
(a) An audio recorder.
(b) A tape recorder.
(c) A new vidphone.
(d) A cell phone.
4. Who does Joe suspect is the entity out to destroy them all?
(a) Glen Runciter.
(b) Ella Runciter.
(c) Pat Conley.
(d) Sammy Mundo.
5. What realization did Joe figure out about Hell?
(a) It was a lonely place.
(b) He was doomed to spend eternity in Hell.
(c) It was his destiny to go there.
(d) It was cold, ice cold.
6. What did Joe get to want more than anything?
(a) To be alone.
(b) To die in peace.
(c) To have his friends around him.
(d) For Pat to come back.
7. What is the name of the newscaster?
(a) John Hunter.
(b) Jim Hunter.
(c) James Hunter.
(d) Joe Hunter.
8. What, according to the person in Joe's hotel room, is the limit of Pat's talent to go back in time?
(a) None of these.
9. What was exhausting to Jory?
(a) Convincing the group that Pat was responsible.
(b) Creating the miles and miles of countryside from New York to Des Moines.
(c) Maintaining the existence of 1992.
(d) Stopping Runciter from breaking through.
10. Who does Joe now suspect is at work to destroy them?
(a) None of these.
(c) Don Denny.
11. What is happening to Al's perception?
(a) He seems to be regressing.
(b) Things are getting older.
(c) None of these.
(d) Things are getting younger.
12. What is the name of the Hotel the group is staying at?
(a) Holiday Inn.
(b) The Sutton Grand.
(c) The Meremont Motel.
(d) The Meremont Hotel.
13. What did the pilot want to take Joe to Des Moines?
(a) An interesting story for the journey.
(b) Joe to sing him a song.
(c) The twice reverted bottle of Ubik.
(d) To know what his business was in Des Moines.
14. What is the only perceivable problem according to Joe?
(a) Adjusting to the era.
(c) Medicine and dentistry.
(d) Getting a job.
15. What does Joe ask for on a whim?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A map of the city of Des Moines.
(c) A new order of Ubik.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Joe find any Ubik in Des Moines?
2. What picture remained on the wall?
3. What method of payment doesn't Joe offer the druggist?
4. What does this person represent?
5. What was the name of the market that Joe and Al visited?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)