|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What racist term does Joe hear used that he had never heard before?
2. What is strange to Joe regarding Pat?
(a) That she is so hostile.
(b) That she hasn't gotten rid of the ring yet.
(c) That her talent isn't coming into play.
(d) That she is gettting so anxious and frustrated.
3. What does Mr. Bliss think about Joe and the rest of the employees of Runciter associates?
(a) They can spin a good yarn.
(b) They are professional agitators.
(c) They are full of balony.
(d) They are semi psychotic.
4. Who hasn't died in this chapter?
(a) Edie Dorn.
(b) Don Denny.
(d) Fred Zafsky.
5. How does graffiti convey meaning?
(a) Comfortably and calmly.
(b) Harsh and directly.
(c) All of these.
(d) Softly and discretely.
6. What did the person waiting in Joe's room give him?
(a) A second chance at life.
(b) The strength to continue his existence.
(c) All of these.
(d) A canister of Ubik.
7. What, according to the person in Joe's hotel room, is the limit of Pat's talent to go back in time?
(d) None of these.
8. What does Jory mean by eating people?
(a) He consumes their half life.
(b) He plagues the mind causing each half lifer to take their own half life.
(c) He consumes their soul.
(d) He cannibalizes their flesh.
9. What did Joe see that made him tell Joe not to get in the elevator?
(a) None of these.
(b) An elevator from the 1940s.
(c) No elevator at all.
(d) An elevator from 1910.
10. What was exhausting to Jory?
(a) Maintaining the existence of 1992.
(b) Stopping Runciter from breaking through.
(c) Creating the miles and miles of countryside from New York to Des Moines.
(d) Convincing the group that Pat was responsible.
11. Why did Joe realize that it would be impossible to make the transition to live in this time frame?
(a) They had already talked to openly about the future.
(b) They knew too much.
(c) They were too aware of the future.
(d) All of these.
12. What is the oldest Joe thinks they could have regressed and gotten away with it?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fourty years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Twenty years.
13. Whose writing was it on the note?
(d) Wendy Wrights.
14. What picture remained on the wall?
(a) Joe and Runciter.
(b) A dying indian on horseback.
(c) Joe and his mother.
(d) Joe as a child.
15. What did Joe compare the appearance of his skin to?
(a) A dry, cooked chicken.
(b) A dry, cooked turkey.
(c) Decaying leather.
(d) Patent Leather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joe suspect is the entity out to destroy them all?
2. Why can't Joe find any Ubik in Des Moines?
3. What of these appliances hadn't disappeared from Joe's con-apt?
4. What kind of car was awaiting Joe?
5. Who does Denny compare Joe to?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)