|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that amazes Tommo about the Stonehenge-like site?
(a) The craftsmanship of the carvings.
(b) The alignment of the stones with the solar calendar.
(c) The enormous scale of the site.
(d) Ancient men having mechanical abilities.
2. To whom does Tommo compare the appearance of the Typees favorably?
(a) The French.
(b) Mediterranean sailors.
(c) The natives at Nukuheva.
(d) The Happars.
3. What is it taboo for Tommo to touch?
(a) Certain feathers.
(b) Tattooing materials.
(c) Tappa cloth.
(d) Hunting implements.
4. What is Tommo disgusted by in how the Typees eat fish?
(a) They eat the little fish they find in the bigger fishes' stomachs.
(b) They eat them raw.
(c) They eat the fish in seaweed.
(d) They mash them up with breadfruit.
5. What does Tommo see in earthen ovens when the Typees are preparing their feast?
(c) Poee-poee packets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the fish catch divided among the Typees?
2. Why are the naked old women jumping up and down during the feast?
3. What do the women use to lighten and soften their skin?
4. What does Tommo see when he comes back from the Ti one day?
5. What does Marheyo make with Tommo's shoes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the preparations for the feast of the calabashes.
2. What does Tommo say about relations between Typee husbands and wives?
3. What kinds of animal life does Tommo find on the island with the Typees?
4. What does Tommo say about the Typees as swimmers?
5. How does Tommo's leg affect his relationship with the natives?
6. Who is Moa Artua, and how is he treated?
7. What does Tommo describe of the natives' cosmetics?
8. Describe the Stonehenge-like site Tommo sees.
9. What happens after the second skirmish with the Happars?
10. What technology of Tommo's impresses the Typees?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)