|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator plan to go when he deserts his ship?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To Tahiti.
(c) To the harbor on the other side of the island.
(d) To Australia.
2. Where do the sailors set up their hut?
(a) At the bottom of a cliff.
(b) At the mountaintop.
(c) On the beach.
(d) With the Happars.
3. What prevents Tommo from joining Toby's plan?
(a) His affection for Kory-Kory.
(b) His marriage to a Typee girl.
(c) Mehevi's surveillance.
(d) His lame leg.
4. What causes Tommo intense pain in the Typee village?
(a) He cuts himself on a reed.
(b) He is tied up by the Typee warriors.
(c) He is hit in a fight to escape.
(d) The doctor hits his leg.
5. What do the narrator and Toby find in their pockets when they have reached the mountain?
(a) Soggy biscuits.
(c) Salted beef.
(d) Fire ants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who causes a scene when they arrive on the narrator's ship?
2. How does the narrator describe Toby's personality?
3. What happens to the narrator's leg?
4. How is the news of a boat in the bay carried to all the Typees?
5. Describe the ravine the sailors follow.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident with the French and the English missionaries.
2. What happens when ships come into the bay?
3. What is Kory-Kory's relationship with Tommo like?
4. Describe the residents of the island of Nukuheva.
5. Describe Toby and Tommo's progress through the ravine.
6. Describe Fayaway's appearance.
7. Describe the French efforts to take over the harbor of Nukuheva.
8. What is Tommo's situation at the beginning of "Typee"?
9. What do Toby and Tommo do when they can no longer descend the cliff by using vines and foot holds?
10. What do Toby and Tommo discover when they make it to the mountain?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)