|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to see Toby and Tommo after they wake up?
(a) Groups of male natives.
(b) Groups of children.
(c) Groups of Happars.
(d) Groups of female natives.
2. How do Toby and the narrator descend the second waterfall?
(a) They jump into the water.
(b) By hanging vines.
(c) By a path.
(d) They climb down the cliff.
3. Where do Toby and the narrator follow the children to?
(a) A village.
(b) The cliffs.
(c) The beach.
(d) A native shelter.
4. How is the news of a boat in the bay carried to all the Typees?
(a) A signal fire.
(b) A vocal telegraph.
(c) A runner.
(d) A signal flag.
5. How do the Typees respond to news of a boat in their bay?
(a) They reconnoiter the bay.
(b) They arm themselves.
(c) They hide in the bush.
(d) They gather goods to trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the French threaten after Nukuheva?
2. Describe the warrior's tattoos.
3. Toward what land does the ship steer?
4. What do the narrator and Toby find in their pockets when they have reached the mountain?
5. What do the Typees allow Toby to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Toby and Tommo's progress through the ravine.
2. What does Tommo see as his ship comes into Nukuheva bay?
3. Toby and Tommo follow a footpath. Where does it lead them, and how do they proceed?
4. Describe Tommo's companion Toby.
5. What is Kory-Kory's relationship with Tommo like?
6. What happens when the Typees bring Toby back to their village after the noon-time siesta?
7. How does Tommo feel about his time on the Dolly?
8. What signs of civilization do Toby and Tommo see from the mountains?
9. Who comes to see the sailors on their first morning in the Typee village?
10. Why would it be dangerous for Tommo to desert from his ship, and how does he plan to avoid the danger?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)