|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days food supply do the narrator and Toby have when they reach the mountain?
2. What do the narrator and Toby find on the mountain?
(a) That there are no fruit trees.
(b) That the natives are friendly.
(c) That they are being followed.
(d) That the natives are hostile.
3. What do the Typees allow Toby to do?
(a) Get help from the French ships.
(b) Travel to the boundary of Happar territory.
(c) Marry a Typee girl.
(d) Return to the American ship.
4. What do the narrator and Toby use to surpass the obstacle?
5. What does Kory-Kory tell Toby and Tommo about the Happars?
(a) That they have been hired by the Americans to find the deserters.
(b) That they are murderers.
(c) That they are cannibals.
(d) That they will sell them to the French.
6. What are the ravine's sides covered with, that make it dangerous going down and up?
(b) Natives on the lookout.
(d) Sailors from their ship.
7. What course of action does Toby urge for himself and Tommo?
(a) Return to the ships.
(b) Wage battle, with the Typees, against the Happars.
(d) Marry Typee girls.
8. According to the narrator, what do sea birds signal?
(a) Good weather.
(b) Other shipping.
(d) Approaching land.
9. How does Toby descend at the waterfall?
(a) He finds a path.
(b) He falls.
(c) By holding vines.
(d) He dives.
10. Describe the interior of Nukuheva.
(b) An arid plain.
(c) A swamp.
(d) A large lake.
11. How does Toby plan to help Tommo?
(a) By ransoming Tommo from Mehevi.
(b) By freeing Tommo from Kory-Kory.
(c) By bringing help from the French ships.
(d) By finding Tommo a wife.
12. What name do the natives give Tom?
13. What causes Tommo intense pain in the Typee village?
(a) He is tied up by the Typee warriors.
(b) The doctor hits his leg.
(c) He is hit in a fight to escape.
(d) He cuts himself on a reed.
14. What does the narrator see when he wakes up after a nap on his second day on the island?
(a) A natives hunting party.
(b) An inhabited valley.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) Sailors looking for him and Toby.
15. How high is the waterfall Toby and the narrator encounter?
(a) A hundred feet.
(b) Five hundred feet.
(c) Two hundred feet.
(d) A hundred fifty feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the French Admiral demand when he reached his next destination after Nukuheva?
2. What prevents Tommo from joining Toby's plan?
3. Under what condition will Kory-Kory allow Toby to go to the shore to meet the boat?
4. What happens to the narrator's leg?
5. How does the narrator describe Toby's personality?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)