|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33, and 34, pp. 350- 372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tommo say the natives are hostile to Europeans?
(a) Because they have been attacked by them.
(b) Because there are so many of them.
(c) Because of their superiority in technology.
(d) Because they feel superior to them.
2. Under what condition will Kory-Kory allow Toby to go to the shore to meet the boat?
(a) Tommo stays behind.
(b) He allows himself to be tied to Kory-Kory.
(c) He leaves his possessions.
(d) He promises not to run off.
3. What does Toby tell Tommo about the natives?
(a) That they are loyal.
(b) That they are afraid of them.
(c) That they are fickle.
(d) That they are trustworthy.
4. What does Tommo see in earthen ovens when the Typees are preparing their feast?
(c) Poee-poee packets.
5. How is breadfruit prepared?
(a) It is boiled then eaten whole.
(b) It is salted and dried.
(c) It is peeled and cored, then cooked.
(d) It is eaten raw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Tommo have, in addition to his bad leg?
2. What kind of coconuts do the natives prefer?
3. What technical knowledge of Tommo's do the Typees express interest in?
4. Describe the warrior's tattoos.
5. What does Tommo like about the Typee lifestyle?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)