|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33, and 34, pp. 350- 372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the news of a boat in the bay carried to all the Typees?
(a) A vocal telegraph.
(b) A signal flag.
(c) A signal fire.
(d) A runner.
2. How old is Marnoo?
3. What problem does Tommo have, in addition to his bad leg?
(a) He is always watched.
(b) He is going blind.
(c) He does not know his way around.
(d) He is always tethered.
4. What do Toby and the narrator see when they reach the valley at the bottom of the second waterfall?
(a) Native hunters.
(b) A dead bird.
(c) Peeled fruit.
(d) Native villages.
5. What does the narrator see when he wakes up after a nap on his second day on the island?
(a) A natives hunting party.
(b) Sailors looking for him and Toby.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) An inhabited valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many husbands do most Typee women have?
2. What about the appearance of the Typees does Tommo notice most?
3. How do the women dress for the feast?
4. How long has it been since the narrator saw land, when the book opens?
5. Where is private property a Typee practice?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)