|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, and 8, pp. 58-82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what do sea birds signal?
(a) Approaching land.
(c) Other shipping.
(d) Good weather.
2. What do the French put ashore at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Captives from American ships.
(b) A hundred soldiers.
(c) Natives returning home.
(d) Mutinous sailors.
3. What do the narrator and Toby use to surpass the obstacle?
4. How comfortable is the hut the sailors build?
(a) It cannot keep out the rain.
(b) It is filled with ants and lizards.
(c) It is snug and warm.
(d) Its floor is rocky and uneven.
5. Where does the captain tell the sailors to stay near?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The beach.
(c) The French military station.
(d) The harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's name in "Typee"?
2. What do the natives bring to the Dolly?
3. Where does the narrator plan to go when he deserts his ship?
4. What do the French threaten after Nukuheva?
5. What event precipitates the narrator's ship heading to land?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)