|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, and 8, pp. 58-82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event precipitates the narrator's ship heading to land?
(a) The last chicken was killed which the captain ate.
(b) The ship was badly damaged in a storm.
(c) The sailors mutinied.
(d) The ship sprung a leak.
2. How does the narrator describe Toby's personality?
3. Why does the narrator run away from the Dolly?
(a) He wants to be alone.
(b) He was left ashore mistakenly.
(c) He falls in love with a native girl.
(d) He considers the captain a tyrant.
4. Where does the narrator plan to go when he deserts his ship?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To the harbor on the other side of the island.
(c) To Australia.
(d) To Tahiti.
5. How long does the narrator expect the whaling voyage could last if he had stayed aboard?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator try to conceal from Toby?
2. Where do the narrator and Toby arrive before sundown?
3. What do the narrator and Toby plan to subsist on on the island?
4. What happens to the narrator's leg?
5. What do the narrator and Toby use to surpass the obstacle?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)