Chapters 1, and 2, pp. 1-20
1. What is the narrator's name in "Typee"?
2. What event precipitates the narrator's ship heading to land?
(a) The sailors mutinied.
(b) The ship sprung a leak.
(c) The ship was badly damaged in a storm.
(d) The last chicken was killed which the captain ate.
3. How long has it been since the narrator saw land, when the book opens?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
4. Toward what land does the ship steer?
(d) The Marquesas Islands.
5. On what kind of ship is the narrator sailing?
(a) A warship.
(b) A merchant ship.
(c) A pleasure yacht.
(d) A whaling ship.
6. Who causes a scene when they arrive on the narrator's ship?
(a) The king and queen of Nukuheva.
(b) Ambassadors from Nukuheva.
(c) Mutinied sailors.
(d) The captain of a French ship.
7. According to the narrator, what do sea birds signal?
(a) Approaching land.
(b) Good weather.
(d) Other shipping.
This section contains 4,569 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)