|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jordan's brother ask him before he is willing to let him in?
2. What is Courtney told will happen if she sits at the wrong table?
3. What does Jordan wish as they approach Middleton?
4. What does Mr. Brewster tell Jordan he hopes won't be a big deal?
5. What does Courtney warn Jocelyn about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes a fight between B.J. and Jocelyn in Miami just before they go to the beach with Jordan and Courtney?
2. What has Courtney realized that she has learned from everything that happened?
3. How does Courtney get through the first day of college?
4. What happens when Jordan arrives at his brother Adam's place?
5. Why does Jordan insist that Courtney should ignore her father's call, but talk to him?
6. In his flashback, what do Courtney's father and Jordan disagree about when they meet in the mall?
7. What does Jordan acknowledge when Courtney tells him she doesn't know if things will ever be the same?
8. What does Courtney realize about the plan she had to try to make Jordan jealous?
9. In Courtney's flashback, why is she so upset when she is talking to Jocelyn?
10. What does B.J. call Jordan to tell him, after Jordan has checked into a motel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jordan decide to split up with Courtney? What excuse does he give her, and how does she take it? What is the real truth? Are his motives honorable or misguided? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What does B.J. mention in Miami that makes Jocelyn mad? What statement does he make that she responds so negatively to? What is her immediate response, and how does Courtney try to diffuse the situation?
Essay Topic 3
What decision has Jordan made as a result of his most recent confrontation? Where does he go, and what are his intentions? What does he discover when he arrives? What runs through his mind at this point? What is his next course of action, and what is the outcome?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)