|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away from Middleton are they?
2. Why doesn't Jordan tell Mr. Brewster the truth about why he and Courtney split up?
3. What does Jordan's brother ask him before he is willing to let him in?
4. In Courtney's flashback, what does she tell Jordan is her 'new thing'.
5. What do Jordan and B.J. call Lloyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Courtney's flashback, why is she so upset when she is talking to Jocelyn?
2. What does Courtney ask Jordan regarding her father and his mother, and how does he respond?
3. Why does Jordan insist that Courtney should ignore her father's call, but talk to him?
4. Why does Courtney refuse to talk to Jordan, aside from her anger with him for keeping this secret from her?
5. What has Courtney realized that she has learned from everything that happened?
6. What does Jocelyn reveal to Courtney after her melt down at Burger King?
7. How does Courtney explain her emotional breakdown to Jordan after she pulls herself together?
8. What happens when Courtney goes to Adam's dorm to see if she can spend the night there?
9. What does B.J. call Jordan to tell him, after Jordan has checked into a motel?
10. What does Jordan say to Courtney's father when he calls yet again after Adam slams the door in his face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Jordan realize at the orientation? What does he see? What action does this prompt on his behalf? How does Courtney respond to his action? When does she realize what he has done, and what does she do about it?
Essay Topic 2
What offer is made by Courtney to Jordan while they are in Miami? How does he respond? Why does he respond the way that he does? What does Courtney think of his response?
Essay Topic 3
What new information does Courtney get the next morning? Who provides this information? Where does the information originate? How does Courtney feel about it? What does the reader believe might change as a result? What actually occurs?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)