|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jordan try to do after helping her get her bags to her room?
2. What does Jocelyn remind Courtney?
3. Who are Courtney and Jordan supposed to meet on the beach?
4. What does Jordan tell Courtney that he wants to do?
5. Why hasn't Jordan talked to Courtney since they split up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jordan's first experience with college life work out?
2. What does B.J. call Jordan to tell him, after Jordan has checked into a motel?
3. What does Courtney realize about the plan she had to try to make Jordan jealous?
4. What decision does Jordan finally come to after seeing his brother and talking to B.J?
5. What does Jocelyn reveal to Courtney after her melt down at Burger King?
6. What causes a fight between B.J. and Jocelyn in Miami just before they go to the beach with Jordan and Courtney?
7. What happens when Courtney goes to Adam's dorm to see if she can spend the night there?
8. What does Jordan tell Courtney that he has learned from this whole situation?
9. Why does Courtney try to convince Jordan that they should forget the side trip to Middleton on the way?
10. What does Jordan acknowledge when Courtney tells him she doesn't know if things will ever be the same?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What offer is made by Courtney to Jordan while they are in Miami? How does he respond? Why does he respond the way that he does? What does Courtney think of his response?
Essay Topic 2
How does the rest of the ride to Boston play out? What conversation is had? Is anything resolved? What does Courtney do when they finally arrive on campus? What is Jordan looking for? Does he find it?
Essay Topic 3
Who does Jordan run into in the mall after his break up with Courtney? What is the general tone of conversation? What lie does Jordan tell and why? What leverage does he use at this stage and why is it likely to be effective?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)