|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jordan describe Jocelyn and B.J.'s relationship?
2. How many calls does Jordan realize he has missed from Courtney's Dad?
3. Why is Courtney having a difficult time checking into the Bellevue Motel?
4. In the flashback, why is Jordan reluctant to tell Courtney the truth about her father?
5. What does Courtney warn Jocelyn about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jordan acknowledge when Courtney tells him she doesn't know if things will ever be the same?
2. What does Courtney ask Jordan regarding her father and his mother, and how does he respond?
3. What does Jocelyn reveal to Courtney after her melt down at Burger King?
4. In Courtney's flashback, why is she so upset when she is talking to Jocelyn?
5. What happens that makes Courtney burst into tears at the Burger King?
6. What does Courtney come to realize after Jordan drops her off at Lloyd's dorm?
7. How does Jordan's first experience with college life work out?
8. What does B.J. call Jordan to tell him, after Jordan has checked into a motel?
9. Why does Jordan insist that Courtney should ignore her father's call, but talk to him?
10. Why does Courtney refuse to talk to Jordan, aside from her anger with him for keeping this secret from her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does Jordan take Courtney when they get to Middleton? What kind of reception does she get when she arrives? How does she feel about the situation she is in? What does she tell herself going in that she discovers does not work? What does she do when she realizes it?
Essay Topic 2
What does B.J. mention in Miami that makes Jocelyn mad? What statement does he make that she responds so negatively to? What is her immediate response, and how does Courtney try to diffuse the situation?
Essay Topic 3
Where does Jordan go in Middleton? What is his reception when he gets there? What surprises him? What does he find himself having to defend and why? How successful is he? What call does he take shortly afterward and what bomb does he effectively deliver at that time?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)