|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women first give the hunters to eat?
(d) Dried fish.
2. How do the women preserve the meat they catch?
(c) Smoke drying.
(d) Air drying.
3. What question does Daagoo ask that the other hunters cannot answer?
(a) Has another band gone through here?
(b) Why would the campfire still be warm?
(c) Why would anyone try to hide the stripped spots on the trees?
(d) Where have the old women gone?
4. What does the chief believe would have been worse for The People than hunger during the harsh winter?
(a) An invasion of other groups.
(c) A change in leadership.
(d) Attacks by predators.
5. How do the four men feel about looking for the old women after the second day of searching?
(a) They began to feel hopeful.
(b) The time would be better spent sleeping.
(c) Their energy was getting low.
(d) The time would be better spent hunting moose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Chi'idzigyaak feel when she looks at the hunters?
2. What scent does Daagoo catch?
3. What is each of the men conditioned to do?
4. What does the chief suffer from ever since the abandonment of the two women?
5. What undermines the chief's decision-making ability?
Short Essay Questions
1. When they hear their names called, why do the women agree that there is no use in trying to hide?
2. How can the hunters tell that the old women are in better shape than The People as the winter ends?
3. Why does Daagoo smile with admiration when he sees the two women?
4. Why is Ch'idzigyaak afraid when The People first come to visit the two women?
5. How has the chief's decision to leave the women behind affected him since?
6. Where do the women decide to go to protect themselves from others as the weather warms?
7. Why does the sense that the old women might be alive offer so much hope to The People?
8. What had the women made in their spare time during the winter?
9. What methods do the women use to protect themselves from mosquitoes?
10. What game does the bull moose play with Sa'?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)